Sauaso Sue signs with the Bulldogs for the next two years

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't see how us lacking a quality fullback is a counter argument tbh. Our team has limited playmaking ability, shifting Jackson to lock gives us more options rather than locking him to an edge. He can link up play through the middle, he can distribute ball in a first receiver role and push our halves wide, he can run wide and link up with our edges. No one in our current squad can currently do this well enough other than Eastwood for like 5 minutes and we need somone to do it.

His running game is also more suited through the middle. He's far better at running back in behind the ruck than trying to run a line on the edge. He also stiffens up our middle with his intensity and defence, just look at the way he lead the line in SOO through the middle.

Jackson at lock with Martin and RFM on the edges is the best possible backrow we can put together because it's the most balanced and they all compliment each other well. Both Martin and RFM are more of a threat running at isolated defenders on an edge than Jackson while Jackson's vision and distribution is far better. 80 minutes of RFM on the edge also gives us some unpredictability that we are badly lacking, the way he can drift across the field and push away from defenders and/or get an offload away to break up the defensive line is something we simply can't bench.
Changed ya name again lol

I agree with JJ to Lock

But Pay not dropping a player in our leadership group ahem Elliott to the bench

Likely scenario is RFM is benched

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So you think Elliott is a better lock and one of Martin/RFM should miss out?
All I'm saying is that Jackson is a better edge backrower than all of those mentioned.
Play RFM on the bench.
They key is to have a strong bench as well. You need a strong 17, not just a strong 13. We all know it's a 17 man team these days, did you know it is 2018 not 1985.

Back in the day when we we're dominating we had SBW,Reni and Asotasi on the bench. We didn't lose our momentum throughout the whole game.
Once again, it's not the EPL where bench players are given 5 minutes at the end of the game(unless Des is coach lol), it's the NRL and it's called interchange.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
8. Tolman
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. Martin
13. Elliot

14. RFM
15. Sue
16. Fualalo
17. Utility

That isnt half bad tbh. Impact and agression off the bench. Stability is Fualalo. Now we just need to sort out 1 to 7 lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All I'm saying is that Jackson is a better edge backrower than all of those mentioned.
Play RFM on the bench.
They key is to have a strong bench as well. You need a strong 17, not just a strong 13. We all know it's a 17 man team these days, did you know it is 2018 not 1985.

Back in the day when we we're dominating we had SBW,Reni and Asotasi on the bench. We didn't lose our momentum throughout the whole game.
Once again, it's not the EPL where bench players are given 5 minutes at the end of the game(unless Des is coach lol), it's the NRL and it's called interchange.
Yh because Pay really has a clue when it comes to rotating a bench and injecting players into games lol. Not to mention you are comparing a 12 interchange game to an 8, we don't have the luxury of pissing around rotating our edges while Tolman continues to pad his stats with useless runs and and hugging team mates in defence ffs.

We need RFM to start and we need him on an edge for 80, simple as that. Nobody else in the squad can bring what he brings and people want us to handicap ourselves by benching him and giving him limited minutes. I think some of you forget that he was pur best forward until he got injured and was far more of a threat than Jackson was early in the season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Changed ya name again lol

I agree with JJ to Lock

But Pay not dropping a player in our leadership group ahem Elliott to the bench

Likely scenario is RFM is benched
It's a soft call and Pay will probably make it. Jackson gets guaranteed 80 each week while Elliott gets guaranteed big minutes every week. Just fucking shits me to death. Meanwhile we will also have fucking Tolman stat padding for most of the game while we have a bloke like Ray playing with his dick on the bench ffs.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lmfao RFM won't be benched next year. The anti-Pay fear mongering going on here is unbelievable.

Pay made the astute call to hand RFM the #12 jersey and play him 80 mins week in week out and he delivered the goods. When fit again he'll slot straight back into that role.

Martin will most likely revert to the bench.

8. Tolman
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Elliott

14. Fualalo
15. Martin
16. Smith/To'omaga/Sue/Ogden

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lmfao RFM won't be benched next year. The anti-Pay fear mongering going on here is unbelievable.

Pay made the astute call to hand RFM the #12 jersey and play him 80 mins week in week out and he delivered the goods. When fit again he'll slot straight back into that role.

Martin will most likely revert to the bench.

8. Tolman
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. RFM
13. Elliott

14. Fualalo
15. Martin
16. Smith/To'omaga/Sue/Ogden
You are 100% about Pay giving RFM his big mins. Yet the same clown will keep spitting about Pay not giving him a chance....
The same clown was the guy screaming for Tualau and toomaga to be promoted ASAP. How'd they both go? For some reason this person didn't put their hand up and say they were wrong. Haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You are 100% about Pay giving RFM his big mins. Yet the same clown will keep spitting about Pay not giving him a chance....
The same clown was the guy screaming for Tualau and toomaga to be promoted ASAP. How'd they both go? For some reason this person didn't put their hand up and say they were wrong. Haha
And what's your point? Those players didn't live up to expectations for a variety of reasons, partly on them and partly on the coaching staff. To'omaga still has plenty of time and if he wasn't nervous and poorly utilised then he might well have been a lock in our 17 by now. Tualau also didn't kick on from last season, i expected him to kick on after Pay's supposedly massive pre season.

I also commented early in the season about our fitness and what do you we have decided to recruit Ayoub as the club also agrees there was a problem there. Our talked up "training the house down" pre season has proven to be nothing but bs like me and few others called out.

What about Martin? Wanted him there since last year but all i got was "he's a reserve grader in his mid 20's that won't make it" Lewis was also another i called for to be given first shot and the end of 2017, again TK had fuck all to say about it until he was given a shot and then TK overhyped him as the next fucking immortal. Smith is another.

Also Lol @ benching Martin. We find a fucking 96% goal kicker after TK has been fucking sooking about us apparently not having a goal kicker and they want to bench him? Ha. Also runs strong lines, gets through work and offers a genuine attacking threat. Fuck some of you guys really go to some crazy lengths to defend Pay.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yh because Pay really has a clue when it comes to rotating a bench and injecting players into games lol. Not to mention you are comparing a 12 interchange game to an 8, we don't have the luxury of pissing around rotating our edges while Tolman continues to pad his stats with useless runs and and hugging team mates in defence ffs.

We need RFM to start and we need him on an edge for 80, simple as that. Nobody else in the squad can bring what he brings and people want us to handicap ourselves by benching him and giving him limited minutes. I think some of you forget that he was pur best forward until he got injured and was far more of a threat than Jackson was early in the season.
No way!
Jacko on the edges buddy, he's got a great passing game and even has a nice kick down the edge. I've seen him destroy teams down the edge.

If anything RFM would be the perfect lock IMO. And please don't say a lock is ONLY a middle forward. You watch too much of the league channel if you think that.
A lock can also play a loose type of role and appear anywhere on the field...this is perfect for RFM, especially with his one handed off the cuff style of offloads.
And even as an impact player off the bench.

Oh but I get it now, your comments must be agenda driven only to point out Pay's short commings.
Ohh tell me that then, I get where your comming from now

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No way!
Jacko on the edges buddy, he's got a great passing game and even has a nice kick down the edge. I've seen him destroy teams down the edge.

If anything RFM would be the perfect lock IMO. And please don't say a lock is ONLY a middle forward. You watch too much of the league channel if you think that.
A lock can also play a loose type of role and appear anywhere on the field...this is perfect for RFM, especially with his one handed off the cuff style of offloads.
And even as an impact player off the bench.

Oh but I get it now, your comments must be agenda driven only to point out Pay's short commings.
Ohh tell me that then, I get where your comming from now
And i don't agree. His passing game is nothing new, i don't know why people think this is some sort of new development? He has always had it and it's partly why i want him at lock.

And obviously he's not locked to the middle..again part of why i want him at lock. Look at Trbojevic and Murray for example. They link up the play well and that's something Jackson can do for us better than anyone else.

I don't disagree that RFM would be effective at lock, but i disagree with it being his perfect position or best for our current squad in this moment.

And i have anything against Pay, i just think he is a shit coach and that if his name wasn't Dean Pay then he certainly wouldn't be coaching us right now.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And what's your point? Those players didn't live up to expectations for a variety of reasons, partly on them and partly on the coaching staff. To'omaga still has plenty of time and if he wasn't nervous and poorly utilised then he might well have been a lock in our 17 by now. Tualau also didn't kick on from last season, i expected him to kick on after Pay's supposedly massive pre season.

I also commented early in the season about our fitness and what do you we have decided to recruit Ayoub as the club also agrees there was a problem there. Our talked up "training the house down" pre season has proven to be nothing but bs like me and few others called out.

What about Martin? Wanted him there since last year but all i got was "he's a reserve grader in his mid 20's that won't make it" Lewis was also another i called for to be given first shot and the end of 2017, again TK had fuck all to say about it until he was given a shot and then TK overhyped him as the next fucking immortal. Smith is another.

Also Lol @ benching Martin. We find a fucking 96% goal kicker after TK has been fucking sooking about us apparently not having a goal kicker and they want to bench him? Ha. Also runs strong lines, gets through work and offers a genuine attacking threat. Fuck some of you guys really go to some crazy lengths to defend Pay.
Funny that you knew who i (might) of been talking about when i mentioned the word clown.
I hope you're not quoting me when you say anything about benching Martin. Never said that once!
My point is exactly as i stated....
You seem to be the one who 'tells' everyone the right options, however, not fuckin one time did you put your hand up and say "i was wrong about that one". And dont spit shit about you thinking a player was ready but Pay didn't have him ready. Haha.
You could be the best ever hindsight coach available.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Actually Martin and Elliott swapping in the lock role.

RFM and Jackson both 80 minute second rowers.

Martin/Elliott can cover injuries in second row or if one needs a breather.

Hence:
11. RFM
12. Jackson
13. Martin/Elliott

14. Elliott/Martin
Chris Smith in the fray along with Ogden too... infact having said the above Chris Smith might make a handy lock and his pace and footwork at the line would be dangerous.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Funny that you knew who i (might) of been talking about when i mentioned the word clown.
I hope you're not quoting me when you say anything about benching Martin. Never said that once!
My point is exactly as i stated....
You seem to be the one who 'tells' everyone the right options, however, not fuckin one time did you put your hand up and say "i was wrong about that one".
You could be the best ever hindsight coach available.
You just agreed with someone that had Martin benched? If you don't agree with Martin on the bench then my bad and ignore what i previously said.

I have been wrong plenty of times, do i need to make an thread and announce it publicly on TK every time so everyone can see it?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And i don't agree. His passing game is nothing new, i don't know why people think this is some sort of new development? He has always had it and it's partly why i want him at lock.

And obviously he's not locked to the middle..again part of why i want him at lock. Look at Trbojevic and Murray for example. They link up the play well and that's something Jackson can do for us better than anyone else.

I don't disagree that RFM would be effective at lock, but i disagree with it being his perfect position or best for our current squad in this moment.

And i have anything against Pay, i just think he is a shit coach and that if his name wasn't Dean Pay then he certainly wouldn't be coaching us right now.
I'm not going to bother with you bro.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just agreed with someone that had Martin benched? If you don't agree with Martin on the bench then my bad and ignore what i previously said.

I have been wrong plenty of times, do i need to make an thread and announce it publicly on TK every time so everyone can see it?
Never said martin to be benched and was agreeing that pay gave RFM 80mins as i stated in the reply.....
And no, you don't need a thread stating everytime you've been wrong, but you also don't need to jump in every thread saying about how many times you are right.
I can count plenty of your posts that are you stating how you 'told ya so' but NONE, not one are 'i got that wrong'..... you get me??

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Never said martin to be benched and was agreeing that pay gave RFM 80mins as i stated in the reply.....
And no, you don't need a thread stating everytime you've been wrong, but you also don't need to jump in every thread saying about how many times you are right.
I can count plenty of your posts that are you stating how you 'told ya so' but NONE, not one are 'i got that wrong'..... you get me??
And how many people say i got that one wrong on here? Lol. Just go back and look at some of the prediction threads for this season. So many posters were saying we will be pushing for a finals spot yet now carry on like we have the shittest roster in NRL history and were never a chance.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And how many people say i got that one wrong on here? Lol. Just go back and look at some of the prediction threads for this season. So many posters were saying we will be pushing for a finals spot yet now carry on like we have the shittest roster in NRL history and were never a chance.
I'm not talking about everyone else because they aren't on here telling people 'i told ya so'.
You do it on a daily basis. I can actually count more 'i told ya so' posts from you on page 5 in this thread than I've seen from anyone else since I've joined.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm not going to bother with you bro.
No, please go on. Don't get me wrong, i accept that Jackson is more than capable on the edge and can understand why people may want to keep him there in a Wade Graham type role. But you seriously don't think missing out on having a ball playing option at lock that also brings aggressive defence while limiting RFM's minutes is best for our team in our current state?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm not talking about everyone else because they aren't on here telling people 'i told ya so'.
You do it on a daily basis. I can actually count more 'i told ya so' posts from you on page 5 in this thread than I've seen from anyone else since I've joined.
Yh those people are just changing their opinions and pretending their previous opinion never existed. Just like the people who used to shit on me for calling out Des, Reynolds or Kas yet they're more than happy to shit all over them now.

Who cares if i point things out like that? I'm happy that a player like Martin finally got his chance to play and has delivered what i expected him capable of. No doubt if Pay ever proves himself to be a capable coach then i will cop plenty of i told you so from people on here, and fair enough.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh those people are just changing their opinions and pretending their previous opinion never existed. Just like the people who used to shit on me for calling out Des, Reynolds or Kas yet they're more than happy to shit all over them now.

Who cares if i point things out like that? I'm happy that a player like Martin finally got his chance to play and has delivered what i expected him capable of. No doubt if Pay ever proves himself to be a capable coach then i will cop plenty of i told you so from people on here, and fair enough.
You obviously still don't get it... hahaha
You couldn't even finish your 2nd sentence without doing it hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.