Sauaso Sue signs with the Bulldogs for the next two years

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would trim Martin by 5kg's in the off season combined with some short sprint training and play him at left centre. He and RFM could build a very potent attacking left side.
Its not a terrible idea buti ts way too much work. His good on the edges, best leave him there considering we just sorted out our backrow.

Big Owl

Waterboy
Reaction score
RFM at left centre is another option I like.
I think he and Martin on the left with Lewis and a speedy winger could be a potent attacking side of the field. Defensively strong too.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Martin is built like a fridge. Way too broad shouldered/big boned to be a centre.

Asipeli Fine I'd say yes, Chris Smith maybe as well, but not Martin.

Heck Greg Eastwood initially started as a centre, but blew out. You could never play him there now either.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty happy with how Suaso Sue is playing vs Manly tonight, he will be a good addition to our squad.

Johns seems to like him a lot, said he has good leg speed and reaches the advantage line quickly. He thinks Sue is a good signing for us.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pretty happy with how Suaso Sue is playing vs Manly tonight, he will be a good addition to our squad.

Andrew Johns said he has good leg speed to reach the advantage line quickly and is a good signing for us.
Yh he's looked good. Klemmer and especially Tolman are slow as fuck, will be good to have some one like Sue with a lower centre of gravity just charging with the ball at pace.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Martin is built like a fridge. Way too broad shouldered/big boned to be a centre.

Asipeli Fine I'd say yes, Chris Smith maybe as well, but not Martin.

Heck Greg Eastwood initially started as a centre, but blew out. You could never play him there now either.
Actually I think Eastwood started on the wing for the Broncos would you believe.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Beast got 3 pies on the wing v Warriors

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually I think Eastwood started on the wing for the Broncos would you believe.
I played against him before his nrl career kicked off and he was playing full back. Defenders were being knocked out everywhere trying to stop him.

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yh he's looked good. Klemmer and especially Tolman are slow as fuck, will be good to have some one like Sue with a lower centre of gravity just charging with the ball at pace.
I watched him closely last night and I liked what I saw. His defence has always been top notch. The best part for me was when there was 3 minutes or so on the clock and the tigers were struggling off their own line Sue carried hard and fast (with his good leg speed) and popped back up with a lightning quick play of the ball to set up a nice easy kick towards the corner (which brooks put dead) but he put his hand up when most of them were fatigued and made the most important and tough carry. These are traits they I love seeing and players love playing with guys who do this sort of donkey work!

He will fit in with the culture Deano is building nicely!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's going to drive us mad with sloppy errors I reckon but will be good in short spurts.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have a suspicion that Sue may force Martin to the bench. He is far more aggressive and offers more for the first 20 odd minutes, than Martin.
We wont miss out on kicking as Holland or Meaney can kick.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have a suspicion that Sue may force Martin to the bench. He is far more aggressive and offers more for the first 20 odd minutes, than Martin.
They can kick over 85%? I know Holland can’t, and he’s below average as well.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol again with this rubbish, this is wrong on so many levels. FOR STARTERS, THEY PLAY DIFFERENT POSITIONS FFS!! Not to mention we already have Jackson, Martin and RFM who are all capable of playing 80 on the edges for us so we will already have an edge forward missing out. Both Holland and Meaney are also lesser kickers so there will also be a drop in quality there.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No way, Sue is strictly a meter eater up the middle.
Martin is a solid 80 minute player.
I'd rather give RFM a break during the game. I honestly thing RFM is more of an X factor than he is an 80 min player(not saying he can't play 80 min).
We should always have a minimum 2 props on the bench and one utility. We don't need more than 1 backrower on the bench, all our backrowers play massive minutes.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
11. Jackson
12. RM12
13. Elliott

RFM to come off the bench.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No way, Sue is strictly a meter eater up the middle.
Martin is a solid 80 minute player.
I'd rather give RFM a break during the game. I honestly thing RFM is more of an X factor than he is an 80 min player(not saying he can't play 80 min).
We should always have a minimum 2 props on the bench and one utility. We don't need more than 1 backrower on the bench, all our backrowers play massive minutes.
If Ray is the player to shift into the middle, how many minutes do you want to get out of him? Surely we need near 50 from him most weeks? Do you bench or start him?

Either way, no matter who we go with we will have a good chunk of options and quality. No excuses for not getting our rotations right and no need for the likes of Tolman to play excessive minutes and pad his stats. The workload can be spread across the pack far more effectively.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Ray is the player to shift into the middle, how many minutes do you want to get out of him? Surely we need near 50 from him most weeks? Do you bench or start him?

Either way, no matter who we go with we will have a good chunk of options and quality. No excuses for not getting our rotations right and no need for the likes of Tolman to play excessive minutes and pad his stats. The workload can be spread across the pack far more effectively.
Of course 50 mins at the very least. The guy is a machine. You can play him anywhere, middle, edges, a roaming role, 50 mins, 60 mins, 80 mins.

I can't comment with rotations, while on face value something may look obvious, coaching staff usually will know who can and who can't punch out certain amount of minutes.
Who starts making mistakes the longer they play, they will know stuff like a certain player's first 20 minutes is better than his second 20 minutes or vice versa.
Some players play better the longer they play and get their second wind. Others can't do more than 30-40 mins.
I could very well be wrong, but I can't grasp the idea or comprehend how supporters will know better than coaching staff regarding fitness levels of each player.
Some players even carry injuries that the public don't know and only get 15 minutes while some else is more than capable to cover for them for 2 weeks.
There are so many things we as supporters are not privy to it's not funny. Trust me, we don't know shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.