Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You obviously still don't get it... hahaha
You couldn't even finish your 2nd sentence without doing it hahaha
I do get it, it just doesn't bother me in the slightest and people are free to do the exact same thing. I won't call them our for doing the same thing as me so what's the issue?

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jackson's best position is lock, but you cant throw Jackson at lock with Tolman playing at prop.

If Tolman is our starting prop i think the balance of our forward pack would be better with Jackson & Martin as our edge backrowers with RFM at lock.

If we had an explosive prop to partner Klemmer than Jackson as lock with RFM & Martin on the edges

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Pay is entitled to some credit for the improvement in Martin. Martin played in the World Cup
and was less than impressive. People may overlook his playing ability with the emphasis being on his goal kicking.
If goal kicking is a priority, Meaney at Fullback can kick goals as can Holland. Maybe Suasua Sue offers more as a starting back rower.
So having Martin on the bench is not such a bad option.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Also less than impressive in the WC? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also less than impressive in the WC? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
If you took the time to watch the WC, even you would agree he didnt perform that well.
Sue is a lot more aggressive that Martin. He would suit the run on side.
I found a word called Atychiphobia. It must have been created by someone who has been reading your posts.
It defines the absolute right of an individual to be correct every time, without any discussion.
When this person is found to be wrong, he attacks those who disagree with them. Sound familiar?

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sue vs Martin not even a decision Sue will be play isp next year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Thread reopened.

Reminder than any abuse towards other users (or bait posting of other users), will be met with strict action.

If you disagree with a users opinion then constructively debate that opinion without abuse.

Thanks.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he's been great the past month but, he's been playing for 5 years. If you look at his form over his career, he really doesn't stand out. But, as I said before, he'll be an asset if you can keep him in form.
Considering his price tag won't be big at all it is a risk worth taking signing a player who has his potential. As for Consistency hopefully he just needed a fresh start at a different club and he improves that part of his game

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good signing but are we back at the “When you think you’ve got enough forwards, sign another forward” mentality again?
Tbh I think he is better then every forward we have on the bench so I don't mind signing someone like Sue as long as they are good enough or better then some of our current forwards

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Straight swap.. Wastwood for Sue.

Big Owl

Waterboy
Reaction score
I would trim Martin by 5kg's in the off season combined with some short sprint training and play him at left centre. He and RFM could build a very potent attacking left side.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would trim Martin by 5kg's in the off season combined with some short sprint training and play him at left centre. He and RFM could build a very potent attacking left side.
Playing a bloke who has done extremely well at 2nd row since debut and has played there for a long time to the centres
And trim him up and "sprint training" for speed Lololol
You on crack?
Not very "wise" from a big owl
Usually goes other way round, start in centres bulk up and go to 2nd row

Big Owl

Waterboy
Reaction score
Playing a bloke who has done extremely well at 2nd row since debut and has played there for a long time to the centres
And trim him up and "sprint training" for speed Lololol
You on crack?
Not very "wise" from a big owl
Usually goes other way round, start in centres bulk up and go to 2nd row
He's average as a 2nd rower and only there because RFM got injured. I think he could go well as a centre, my opinion and couldn't care less what you think. Pretty sure I know a lot more about football than you do anyway.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's average as a 2nd rower and only there because RFM got injured. I think he could go well as a centre, my opinion and couldn't care less what you think. Pretty sure I know a lot more about football than you do anyway.
Be careful Big Owl when you speak about Martin. You will be ostracised on here if you do.
But I agree with you. Its his goal kicking that keeps him in the eye of the fans.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
here we go...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Martin in the centres with sprint and agility training is well worth trying. He could be in the mould of Farrar, C Mortimer or Harris. Not super fast but a great centre partner to a faster guy....now we just need to find a Currie, Rhodes, Rona, Vagana, Tonga ...we have always been light on for speed tho. Have to find an 80 minute spot for him somehow.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol @ Martin as a centre, bloody hell. Lets just also pretend his only value is as a goal kicker and forget all about his workrate, lines he runs and attacking output. If you're going to suggest a backrower at centre then atleast suggest the more agile RFM so it sounds a little less ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.