Sauaso Sue signs with the Bulldogs for the next two years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew there was someone I was missing !!! :|:frowning:
It will be a hard pick for mr pay next year....
I think he is going to keep Jackson on the edge as he is keen to use his ball playing skills. RFM should retain his spot.
That leaves a lock position to fill with either Martin, Elliot, Sue.
A few names to fill bench spots too... A few good players might be fighting for spots.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think he is going to keep Jackson on the edge as he is keen to use his ball playing skills. RFM should retain his spot.
A few names to fill bench spots too... A few good players might be fighting for spots.
Jackson is the best lock at the club and there's absolutely no reason why his ball playing won't be as important through the middle. Our best backrow is without a doubt Jackson at lock with Martin and RFM on the egdes, has been this since pre season.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Martin is better value for the team if he’s the kicker. Can anyone else kick like him? Meaney kicks but not sure how well. Don’t know about Cogger. I rate Martin over RFM

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin is better value for the team if he’s the kicker. Can anyone else kick like him? Meaney kicks but not sure how well. Don’t know about Cogger. I rate Martin over RFM
If RFM can be coached on his line running he is going to be massive for us. If he runs that good unders line he is very hard to stop. Even if the defence can get a hold of him, his offload is a big assest and could send defensive lines into chaos.
Yes. Martin has to be in the side for kicking

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If RFM can be coached on his line running he is going to be massive for us. If he runs that good unders line he is very hard to stop. Even if the defence can get a hold of him, his offload is a big assest and could send defensive lines into chaos.
Yes. Martin has to be in the side for kicking
Mmm.. I don’t feel like RFM had a big impact with his runs this season. He also struggled with his timing in hitting holes. Has a very tidy offload though.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
agree with typical dog

i think RFM comes off the bench, martin plays 80 on an edge, jacko splits his minutes between edge and middle

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jackson is the best lock at the club and there's absolutely no reason why his ball playing won't be as important through the middle. Our best backrow is without a doubt Jackson at lock with Martin and RFM on the egdes, has been this since pre season.
I disagree, I think Jackson should stay on the edges.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meaney should do the goal kicking whilst Martin is on the bench.
Backline of Sue, RFM and Jackson.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Can’t say I agree, Jackson’s ball skills up the middle will only work when we have a Barba type player that trails the play up the middle, we don’t have that luxury right. If he’s in the middle, you know very well he’ll just be used as a tackling machine, best to have him on the right edge with Martin on the left edge and either RFM or Elliott in the middle.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can’t say I agree, Jackson’s ball skills up the middle will only work when we have a Barba type player that trails the play up the middle, we don’t have that luxury right. If he’s in the middle, you know very well he’ll just be used as a tackling machine, best to have him on the right edge with Martin on the left edge and either RFM or Elliott in the middle.
I don't see how us lacking a quality fullback is a counter argument tbh. Our team has limited playmaking ability, shifting Jackson to lock gives us more options rather than locking him to an edge. He can link up play through the middle, he can distribute ball in a first receiver role and push our halves wide, he can run wide and link up with our edges. No one in our current squad can currently do this well enough other than Eastwood for like 5 minutes and we need somone to do it.

His running game is also more suited through the middle. He's far better at running back in behind the ruck than trying to run a line on the edge. He also stiffens up our middle with his intensity and defence, just look at the way he lead the line in SOO through the middle.

Jackson at lock with Martin and RFM on the edges is the best possible backrow we can put together because it's the most balanced and they all compliment each other well. Both Martin and RFM are more of a threat running at isolated defenders on an edge than Jackson while Jackson's vision and distribution is far better. 80 minutes of RFM on the edge also gives us some unpredictability that we are badly lacking, the way he can drift across the field and push away from defenders and/or get an offload away to break up the defensive line is something we simply can't bench.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I don't see how us lacking a quality fullback is a counter argument tbh. Our team has limited playmaking ability, shifting Jackson to lock gives us more options rather than locking him to an edge. He can link up play through the middle, he can distribute ball in a first receiver role and push our halves wide, he can run wide and link up with our edges. No one in our current squad can currently do this well enough other than Eastwood for like 5 minutes and we need somone to do it.

His running game is also more suited through the middle. He's far better at running back in behind the ruck than trying to run a line on the edge. He also stiffens up our middle with his intensity and defence, just look at the way he lead the line in SOO through the middle.

Jackson at lock with Martin and RFM on the edges is the best possible backrow we can put together because it's the most balanced and they all compliment each other well. Both Martin and RFM are more of a threat running at isolated defenders on an edge than Jackson while Jackson's vision and distribution is far better. 80 minutes of RFM on the edge also gives us some unpredictability that we are badly lacking, the way he can drift across the field and push away from defenders and/or get an offload away to break up the defensive line is something we simply can't bench.
In a perfect team, I agree, I would put him in at lock too, but lacking a fullback isn’t my point, a trailer on the team is my point. How many games have you blown your brains out wishing Mbye would follow the forwards through the gap? He was the one mostly likely but still never did. Who knows, maybe Lewis might be the one, he seems to look for action. But until we have somebody of that caliber like Barba and Slater, trailing through, who is Jackson going to pass to up the middle? If you can answer that then I’ll concede.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In a perfect team, I agree, I would put him in at lock too, but lacking a fullback isn’t my point, a trailer on the team is my point. How many games have you blown your brains out wishing Mbye would follow the forwards through the gap? He was the one mostly likely but still never did. Who knows, maybe Lewis might be the one, he seems to look for action. But until we have somebody of that caliber like Barba and Slater, trailing through, who is Jackson going to pass to up the middle? If you can answer that then I’ll concede.
Moses not pushing up through the middle was a coaching fault and not on him, just compare his role with us compared to that at the Tigers and it's noticeably different. And even then it was completely exaggerated on here.

Anyway why does Jackson have to pass to a fullback? Why can't he throw a short ball to Klemmer through the middle? Why can't he run wide and play short to a backrower? Why can't he change the point of attack and stack our halves on the opposite side? There's so many options available with him in this position so if Pay wants a fullback, half or outside back pushing up on an inside ball from Jackson then it's up to Pay to make it happen. Meaney is more than capable of doing this if that's what Pay wants, as is Smith if we bring him in off the wing like Rapana does at the Raiders.

Next season i really think we need to give ourselves as many options as possible as we're lacking that genuine quality through the spine, Jackson at lock will help with this. We just need to nail the basics and then get the right systems in place to allow us to do it because this season they have been non existent.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Moses not pushing up through the middle was a coaching fault and not on him, just compare his role with us compared to that at the Tigers and it's noticeably different. And even then it was completely exaggerated on here.

Anyway why does Jackson have to pass to a fullback? Why can't he throw a short ball to Klemmer through the middle? Why can't he run wide and play short to a backrower? Why can't he change the point of attack and stack our halves on the opposite side? There's so many options available with him in this position so if Pay wants a fullback, half or outside back pushing up on an inside ball from Jackson then it's up to Pay to make it happen. Meaney is more than capable of doing this if that's what Pay wants, as is Smith if we bring him in off the wing like Rapana does at the Raiders.

Next season i really think we need to give ourselves as many options as possible as we're lacking that genuine quality through the spine, Jackson at lock will help with this. We just need to nail the basics and then get the right systems in place to allow us to do it because this season they have been non existent.
All I’m saying, is that right now, I’d prefer to see his passing game on the edges where he throws those beautiful cutout passes to Smith or turns back in for Holland.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
All I’m saying, is that right now, I’d prefer to see his passing game on the edges where he throws those beautiful cutout passes to Smith or turns back in for Holland.
Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.