Opinion Sack Gus & Ciraldo

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your avatar suits you well. Absolute clown! 6 wins is more then Barrett achieved in 2 years. And Baz didn't have to deal with the rediculous amounts of injuries that we have had this year.
A couple of extra wins that we should of won this year with all the injuries and some would of praised Ciraldo. The game in NZ when Mahoney was blatantly obstructed and the roosters game where JAC should of not worried about pointing Alamoti’s head knock to the ref and defended on his wing. There’s 4 competition points right there. These two events were out of Ciraldo’s control.

I don’t think his coaching is that bad considering the team weren’t able to build any cohesion all year with so many players out and so many players used from the squad.

If there is anything to be critical of CC it would be some of his selections e.g Perham.

I still think it’s too early to judge him considering he’s a rookie. He’ll have a lot to answer for if we are bottom 4 next year.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A couple of extra wins that we should of won this year with all the injuries and some would of praised Ciraldo. The game in NZ when Mahoney was blatantly obstructed and the roosters game where JAC should of not worried about pointing Alamoti’s head knock to the ref and defended on his wing. There’s 4 competition points right there. These two events were out of Ciraldo’s control.

I don’t think his coaching is that bad considering the team weren’t able to build any cohesion all year with so many players out and so many players used from the squad.

If there is anything to be critical of CC it would be some of his selections e.g Perham.

I still think it’s too early to judge him considering he’s a rookie. He’ll have a lot to answer for if we are bottom 4 next year.
You could also say we won a couple of those games in spite of The assistants negative and coaching errors

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fck this thread is filled with some of the dumbest shit I’ve ever seen
To be fair the title of the thread set the tone for the bs that would be within.

fooch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ive read some shit in my time on this forum but some of you ***** are fucked

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@04 Dreaming who do you propose our team (assuming you do actually support The Dogs) replace them with?

Last edited:

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your avatar suits you well. Absolute clown! 6 wins is more then Barrett achieved in 2 years. And Baz didn't have to deal with the rediculous amounts of injuries that we have had this year.
Your post doesn’t exist if we don’t limp to victory over a South’s team who is missing far more quality than us.

Just think about that for a second.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your post doesn’t exist if we don’t limp to victory over a South’s team who is missing far more quality than us.

There's no asterisk next to them on the ladder is there?
Therefore two points are two points.
Did you not enjoy us winning?

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no asterisk next to them on the ladder is there?
Therefore two points are two points.
Did you not enjoy us winning?
I’m just a realist, Sexy. I want to see evidence of progress. If we’d progressed as a club we wouldn’t have been beaten 66 nil by the knights last week. We are poorly coached and poorly managed at present

Last nights victory was nice, I had some nose beers and celebrated the win accordingly. But I’m not getting ahead of myself. It was a hollow win. There is a bigger picture to keep at the forfront, which I am

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Our injury crisis this year would have to be the worst I have seen. It's not just the number of players injured long term, but the calibre. Thompson, Kikau, JAC, TPJ, Kiraz, etc etc. How is a rookie coach with at best, a 8-10th placed roster meant to be a roaring success?
I agree regarding his team selections and bench rotations, but he is here long term and is no doubt trying to prove to the players he wil support them regardless.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Whata there to think about? We both had plenty of players missing, and we won. Souths are a quality side, regardless of who they were missing, and we are bottom of the table with a stack of injuries.
Stop hating on people for enjoying a win. Or just go and support the dolphins you blow in.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As am I 04.
I see a vast improvement in our juniors, do you not see that?
I see our membership above 20k, do you not?
I see a players kit fully sponsored, with sponsors waiting for a chance to be added to it when only a few years ago we failed to field a major sponsor, do you not see that too?
I see board members that are approachable, yet also intelligent enough to sell out tidbits of information for glory, as has been an issue in the past for us, do you not see that as well?
I see a first-grade team that has shown signs of improvement before being cruelled with injury and a lack of depth, is that something you also do not see?

As for the flip side.
I see a first-grade team that is unbalanced.
I see a first-grade team that lacks confidence.
I see a first-grade team that lacks depth.
I see a first-grade team that lacks mental resilience.
Are those points on the flip side of what you're seeing and concerned about?
Do you have no faith in our Club to address them?
We've signed a Half to address that issue with immediate success (whether that is consistent remains to be seen though).
I have faith, and that is why I have resisted pestering John Khoury about prior discussions we've had regarding the above issues over the last few years.
I have afforded our team time to turn this shit, and we are in the process of that.
I do not agree with every single choice or the direction chosen at times, yet I do agree with the overall aim for the destination of the trip.

Fuck Reed's bus, that's only to get supporters to join the Dog's cruise to glory!
Are you with us, or against us 04?

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As am I 04.
I see a players kit fully sponsored, with sponsors waiting for a chance to be added to it when only a few years ago we failed to field a major sponsor, do you not see that too?
I see board members that are approachable, yet also intelligent enough to sell out tidbits of information for glory, as has been an issue in the past for us, do you not see that as well?
I see a first-grade team that has shown signs of improvement before being cruelled with injury and a lack of depth, is that something you also do not see?

As for the flip side.
We've signed a Half to address that issue with immediate success (whether that is consistent remains to be seen though).
I have faith, and that is why I have resisted pestering John Khoury about prior discussions we've had regarding the above issues over the last few years.
I have afforded our team time to turn this shit, and we are in the process of that.
I do not agree with every single choice or the direction chosen at times, yet I do agree with the overall aim for the destination of the trip.

Fuck Reed's bus, that's only to get supporters to join the Dog's cruise to glory!
@Doogie this guy has been hear less than 24 hrs and he’s already throwing his weight around. Can u sort him out please

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Doogie this guy has been hear less than 24 hrs and he’s already throwing his weight around. Can u sort him out please
Oh come one.
First you assume sex with no way of confirming your assertion.
Then you're seeking someone to protect you against someone that posts something you do not like, rather than address the topic yourself?
Is it because you're unable to address the topic, as it is not bullshit, or it does not align with your view and not used to handling those that oppose your view?

I've afforded you a considered and respectful post, and your reply demonstrates what exactly @04 Dreaming ?
So I will ask again if you are with or against us.
A simple yes or no is all that is needed, yet if you desire to expand upon your yes or not, feel free to.

Foxalldayeveryday

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As am I 04.

As for the flip side.

Tltr.

spaced_monkey

Waterboy
Reaction score
It’s minimum 3 years to turn a club around if the roster and cap are screwed. Gus has said same thing since the day he joined - that it was going to take time. His messaging hasn’t changed and he has support of board and hired a coach who has been through this before with Panthers. Ciraldo is still inexperienced but he will improve, just like the young blokes that they have targeted and brought into the joint. I like the progress with juniors and reggies. That has to be a good sign and the right place to start.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m just a realist, Sexy. I want to see evidence of progress. If we’d progressed as a club we wouldn’t have been beaten 66 nil by the knights last week. We are poorly coached and poorly managed at present

Last nights victory was nice, I had some nose beers and celebrated the win accordingly. But I’m not getting ahead of myself. It was a hollow win. There is a bigger picture to keep at the forfront, which I am
Nothing hollow about any dogs win regardless of the circumstances Nasheed