Ryan Tandy 2010 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What game were YOU watching
He was our best prop tonight, He actully went forward and attracted more then 1 defender everytime he took a hitup, Id love to see his stats v the rest of our packs

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
what drugs are u on, ryan was pathetic in defence, what about the first try after half time, cost us the game
Pathetic in defence? Count me each time he was pathetic in defence.

He let in one very soft try, and it wasn't even his fault. It was Morrin and Tandy who let the Titans player through, yet you give credit to Tandy but not Ryan.

My goggles are off. Ryan gives me the ****s, but he had a great game. He was playing centre and fullback when Patten or Morris should have been there. It's not his job to catch those balls in those positions, but he was there as a forward because other players aren't showing enthusiasm.

B

bahadogg

ryan tandy's a dud he just looked good at melbourne but now he's a dud
gives away penalties and drops the ball. we were just desperate to buy anyone

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tandy - we need more of this, he had a good go and at times throughout the game showed what we have been missing in our pack - Morrin gets in and has a good dig also.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We need to call Tandy TANDY, and Andrew Ryan RYAN.. because otherwise god it's gonna get confusing.

Tandy had a good game. Bent the line and made most hitups and metres of any prop. Ryan however had an average match if that.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Romelo was better, told ya so...

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ryan was our best forward tonight.

Credit where credit is due. He was everywhere.
Tandy or Andrew Ryan?

Bobcat was woefull imo! Some of those missed tackles made Barba look like Cameron Smith.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Tandy or Andrew Ryan?

Bobcat was woefull imo! Some of those missed tackles made Barba look like Cameron Smith.
I was more impressed with Ryan's attacking game tonight. Even if he did cough up a few balls, the effort was there.

Defensively Ryan may have had a lapse or two, but when you look at some of the tackles he was making which obviously have gone un-noticed, you will see he wasn't so bad in defence even if he did miss a couple.

C

chipandchase

Pathetic in defence? Count me each time he was pathetic in defence.

He let in one very soft try, and it wasn't even his fault. It was Morrin and Tandy who let the Titans player through, yet you give credit to Tandy but not Ryan.

My goggles are off. Ryan gives me the ****s, but he had a great game. He was playing centre and fullback when Patten or Morris should have been there. It's not his job to catch those balls in those positions, but he was there as a forward because other players aren't showing enthusiasm.
dog, as i know bobcat personally, but he was woeful tonight, he missed so many tackles, i dont know what was wrong with him.
that missed tackle after halftime was just disgraceful and it cost us the game. in saying that, pattens attempt was even worse, his defence as a fulback is one of the worst i have seen and hence why he hasnt played much rep footy

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was more impressed with Ryan's attacking game tonight. Even if he did cough up a few balls, the effort was there.

Defensively Ryan may have had a lapse or two, but when you look at some of the tackles he was making which obviously have gone un-noticed, you will see he wasn't so bad in defence even if he did miss a couple.
It just seemed like his mind was not on the job, along with a fair few players. That is why I think something is happening behind the scenes that is being kept quiet.

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Obviously a different one to all of you lol

Ryan showed passion. I noticed his errors, but I think his effort outweighed that.
Totally agree - he got in there and had a good go and made metres along with also showing a sense of urgency like we are here to win unlike others who looked lazy once again in patches through out the game, especially during the 1st half

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It just seemed like his mind was not on the job, along with a fair few players. That is why I think something is happening behind the scenes that is being kept quiet.
Really?

I thought he was one of the few players who showed 100% commitment.

It's funny because there's no inbetweens in the thoughts in this thread. You either thought he was awesome or **** lol

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really?

I thought he was one of the few players who showed 100% commitment.

It's funny because there's no inbetweens in the thoughts in this thread. You either thought he was awesome or **** lol
I think he tried hard after he ****ed up to make amends. He should have been pumped knowing our season was on the line, but he just didnt seem to be concentrating when he made those mistakes, especially the missed tackles.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he tried hard after he ****ed up to make amends. He should have been pumped knowing our season was on the line, but he just didnt seem to be concentrating when he made those mistakes, especially the missed tackles.
If you thought he wasn't pumped on the field, wait til you hear the press conference.

My ears are bleeding already :sleepy:

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dog, as i know bobcat personally, but he was woeful tonight, he missed so many tackles, i dont know what was wrong with him.
that missed tackle after halftime was just disgraceful and it cost us the game. in saying that, pattens attempt was even worse, his defence as a fulback is one of the worst i have seen and hence why he hasnt played much rep footy
I agree hes been mostly good this year but its starting to show he is slowly getting worse along with Patten hope we buy an experienced 2nd rower to replace him

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To me he looks like a reserve grader and a storm reject. I dont have anything against him but from what i saw he didnt really impress. His stats do look a little better but dont know how accurate they are. He ran for the most meters apparently by a forward and made 23 tackles. But to me he dropped the ball several times (i think it was around 3 or more). He was not our best forward tonight. I hardly noticed him when he was on. I guess he is another under the radar type of player. A bit like Armit i guess. Also did armit get on much or was he injured??? Statistically he (tandy) was not bad. Will have to wait til next week to get a better look at him. To me hannant was still our best tonight. The guy digs in every time. Shame he coulndt settle in here. He was worth the extra 50 grand if it was really about money. He is a 350+ grand player without a doubt. Very few props make 100+ meters and 40+ tackles a game. Not quite up to prices level at his prime (price was pulling 150+ meters and 30+ tackles a game in his prime from memory) but still the best work horse prop in the game at the moment. And he never lets you down. He digs in and tries his heart out every game.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We're obviously both looking at different angles of Ryan's game. So we'll agree to disagree.

I was more content with his enthusiasm and the fact he was doing something for once. Rather than hiding in back play and relying on the other forwards to do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.