Opinion Ryan Sutton

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I doubt Gus paid overs on Sutton. Vaughan lost a huge contract when he was axed by the dragons and he was always going to the highest bidder. Gus would of signed Sutton for cheaper than what Vaughan cost. Vaughan was never average.
Agreed. Gus would have bought Sutton to allow the couple of prospects we have bought to kick on. Pele, rooster players and others. He'll look like a good signing if others kick on. He'll look like a massive step backwards if not.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agreed. Gus would have bought Sutton to allow the couple of prospects we have bought to kick on. Pele, rooster players and others. He'll look like a good signing if others kick on. He'll look like a massive step backwards if not.
Pele will flop though

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt Gus paid overs on Sutton. Vaughan lost a huge contract when he was axed by the dragons and he was always going to the highest bidder. Gus would of signed Sutton for cheaper than what Vaughan cost. Vaughan was never average.
We never even offered him (Vaughan) a deal to extend. With their Salary Cap in the ESL Vaughan would be on less next year over there than he was for us this year.

He was on and lost his $800k deal with Saints. We signed him for around $350k for one year. I believe if he was offered another deal he would have taken that amount again.

Sutton will be on more than that. Maybe he will prove me wrong and I really hope he does. From what I watched of him this year he is a minimum wager at best. A true reserve grader. That can maybe fill in for an occasional top grade game off the bench.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus' first big fail for us coming up?
After spending time last night at a family get together with one of the Raiders most senior players, they could not speak more highly of Ryan Sutton as a person and rate him very very highly as a player. They are very sad to see him leave.

I think we will be alright with this one.
Just remember the questions being raised when we first signed Max King, and now only 12 months later he is representing Australia in the PM's 13.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
After spending time last night at a family get together with one of the Raiders most senior players, they could not speak more highly of Ryan Sutton as a person and rate him very very highly as a player. They are very sad to see him leave.

I think we will be alright with this one.
Just remember the questions being raised when we first signed Max King, and now only 12 months later he is representing Australia in the PM's 13.
Up to the Club coaches to get the best out of him and make his stay here advantageous all round for everyone.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Up to the Club coaches to get the best out of him and make his stay here advantageous all round for everyone.
In reality the majority of the player who make the grade are exceptionally talented, the question is who will take that next step to stardom, most do others just simply fail for one reason or another, it can be a collective act...
That's football, That's life !

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agreed.

which makes it all the more peculiar that Elliott is moving on (again) from a half decent squad at the Raiders to link with the Knights next year.

better money I guess.
He will make the Knights better. He’s a weapon now and probably flying under the radar how well he’s performed this year. Runs hard and tackles even harder

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Elliott has been good. Even when he was with us he had something to offer. Good contact in defence, strong runner and decent work rate. Just his handling could sometimes let him down and had prospensity for brain farts back then.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Elliott has been good. Even when he was with us he had something to offer. Good contact in defence, strong runner and decent work rate. Just his handling could sometimes let him down and had prospensity for brain farts back then.
Agreed. It's almost like we could have used his skills and experience in a tough time transitioning the squad. What ended up happening why did he leave the club?

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agreed. It's almost like we could have used his skills and experience in a tough time transitioning the squad. What ended up happening why did he leave the club?
Pretty sure he was forced to. Too many indiscretions in one place.

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He left because when he had to make important decisions he would not ask his brain for an opinion. He would ask another part of his anatomy what he should do.