Social Media Rumour on FB, Tigers want Trindall …

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As most would have seen I’ve been mentioning this name for months with most saying he’s not good enough or he’ll never leave Sharks …

If this rumour is true the club needs to get in and trump this … he’s exactly what we need ..

Image1687929432.465213.jpg

Following the departure of Luke Brooks for next season, the Wests Tigers are on the hunt for a new halfback.

Previously expressing interest in Manly Sea Eagles youngster Latu Fainu, Catalans Dragons veteran Mitchell Pearce and NSW Blues star Mitchell Moses, the club has now set their sights on Braydon Trindall.

Joining the Cronulla Sharks in 2018, the future looked bright for Trindall, who debuted for the club two seasons later.

The primary halfback for the backend of the 2021 season, he was unfortunately overtaken by Nicho Hynes the following year, which saw his minutes decrease as he moved to the interchange bench.

The Wests Tigers have already expressed interest in the 23-year-old, per the Sydney Morning Herald, and the race to sign him could pick up given Luke Brooks will depart the club at the end of the season.

While he isn't off-contract until the end of 2025, the Sharks are likely to offer him a release considering he won't overtake Hynes in the No.7 jersey.

Plus, the re-signing of Daniel Atkinson means he could easily enter the team if injuries occur to Hynes or Matt Moylan.

Go get our man Gus !!!

Jonboi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well we’re not even mentioned so likely won’t touch him

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well we’re not even mentioned so likely won’t touch him
No we’re not mentioned, that’s why I mentioned the club needs to quietly get in there and trump the Tigers to this signing … from what I’ve seen of him, I won’t be surprised if he becomes an elite 7 over the next couple of years ..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus appears to have taken a liking to St.George’s Sullivan - this is starting to make more sense to me with Flanagan Senior potentially wanting to link up with his son and playing hardball with Hunt - thus improving his sons game and longevity behind a good forward pack and a proven origin player/mentor in Hunt.

personally, I agree with you, Trindall is a perfect 7 for what we need, I feel Sullivan is more a running half but Trindall the more traditional half whose equally dangerous.

who knows what Gus is up to, but I guess I’d take either of them, it’s clear KO needs more time developing as a half or tries his hand at lock. We need a genuine 7 to partner Burto at 6 where He’s more effective.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
depends on the price (~350k gamble) but I still don't think he's a long term option, I think a couple of other halves on our books have more potential too. If we're being honest if we signed Trindall we'd still have one of the worst 7's in the competition.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
depends on the price (~350k gamble) but I still don't think he's a long term option, I think a couple of other halves on our books have more potential too. If we're being honest if we signed Trindall we'd still have one of the worst 7's in the competition.
Appreciate your opinion old mate .. but I have to respectfully disagree ..

We don’t have a 7 in our ranks that’s ..

Played 47 Nrl games & scored 6 try’s
Has a 90% goal conversion
Averages 256 kick metres
4 try assists
4 line breaks
80% tackle efficiency .. << needs work …

IMO he has a higher ceiling as a 7 right now than any we have in our squad ..

I’d easily offer him $500k with upgrade incentives and 3 years .. exactly the player Burton needs beside him .. especially another huge boot ..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a Facebook story.. Relax.. Even if the bit taken from the SMH about the Tigers being interested is true, that doesn't mean the Sharks will let him go.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Did anyone ask Gus? :grinning:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a Facebook story.. Relax.. Even if the bit taken from the SMH about the Tigers being interested is true, that doesn't mean the Sharks will let him go.
Relax ?? …… where’s the panic, it’s just talk ..

In my experience, when a club has its half’s pairing set and good quality back up, they very rarely hold a player back playing reggies when they’ve been offered better money and a guaranteed 1st grade spot ..

You are correct … we don’t know …. but watch this space ..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Relax ?? …… where’s the panic, it’s just talk ..

In my experience, when a club has its half’s pairing set and good quality back up, they very rarely hold a player back playing reggies when they’ve been offered better money and a guaranteed 1st grade spot ..

You are correct … we don’t know …. but watch this space ..
It depends on how much another club offers and if Cronulla have assured him of a FG spot next year. He re-signed with them last year with Moylan playing well and other clubs would have shown interest then so it's likely that he's been told he'll take over from Moylan in the near future.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus appears to have taken a liking to St.George’s Sullivan - this is starting to make more sense to me with Flanagan Senior potentially wanting to link up with his son and playing hardball with Hunt - thus improving his sons game and longevity behind a good forward pack and a proven origin player/mentor in Hunt.

personally, I agree with you, Trindall is a perfect 7 for what we need, I feel Sullivan is more a running half but Trindall the more traditional half whose equally dangerous.

who knows what Gus is up to, but I guess I’d take either of them, it’s clear KO needs more time developing as a half or tries his hand at lock. We need a genuine 7 to partner Burto at 6 where He’s more effective.
Good comment mate .. all good points & makes sense …

If Trindall gets a full time gig with the Tigers, I believe he’ll become an elite 7 over the next couple of years and TK will be asking why we didn’t go after him ..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Appreciate your opinion old mate .. but I have to respectfully disagree ..

We don’t have a 7 in our ranks that’s ..

Played 47 Nrl games & scored 6 try’s
Has a 90% goal conversion
Averages 256 kick metres
4 try assists
4 line breaks
80% tackle efficiency .. << needs work …

IMO he has a higher ceiling as a 7 right now than any we have in our squad ..

I’d easily offer him $500k with upgrade incentives and 3 years .. exactly the player Burton needs beside him .. especially another huge boot ..
Those stats aren't impressive and Critta kicking goals next year.

Dogs4EVA-1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As most would have seen I’ve been mentioning this name for months with most saying he’s not good enough or he’ll never leave Sharks …

If this rumour is true the club needs to get in and trump this … he’s exactly what we need ..

View attachment 75021

Following the departure of Luke Brooks for next season, the Wests Tigers are on the hunt for a new halfback.

Previously expressing interest in Manly Sea Eagles youngster Latu Fainu, Catalans Dragons veteran Mitchell Pearce and NSW Blues star Mitchell Moses, the club has now set their sights on Braydon Trindall.

Joining the Cronulla Sharks in 2018, the future looked bright for Trindall, who debuted for the club two seasons later.

The primary halfback for the backend of the 2021 season, he was unfortunately overtaken by Nicho Hynes the following year, which saw his minutes decrease as he moved to the interchange bench.

The Wests Tigers have already expressed interest in the 23-year-old, per the Sydney Morning Herald, and the race to sign him could pick up given Luke Brooks will depart the club at the end of the season.

While he isn't off-contract until the end of 2025, the Sharks are likely to offer him a release considering he won't overtake Hynes in the No.7 jersey.

Plus, the re-signing of Daniel Atkinson means he could easily enter the team if injuries occur to Hynes or Matt Moylan.

Go get our man Gus !!!
I tweeted Gus this 12 months ago to go and sign Trindall... he blocked me.. standard behaviour from him when the obvious is staring him in the face and he cant see it..

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It depends on how much another club offers and if Cronulla have assured him of a FG spot next year. He re-signed with them last year with Moylan playing well and other clubs would have shown interest then so it's likely that he's been told he'll take over from Moylan in the near future.
Any mention that the Sharks have probably promised him a 1st grade spot next year is speculation, who are they moving out to accommodate him.

Moylan’s a 185 seasoned 1st grade 6 who’s playing good footy, he’s only 32, he can easy re-sign with them for another 2 years.

Plus Moylan’s a running 6 .. anyone who’s watched Trindall play, knows he’s a game managing old school 7 .. and can anyone see them moving their Dally M halfback to accomodate Trindall ?

Narrr .. if the Tigers go hard they’ll get him, just as we could if we tried ..

As mentioned .. watch this space ..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any mention that the Sharks have probably promised him a 1st grade spot next year is speculation, who are they moving out to accommodate him.

Moylan’s a 185 seasoned 1st grade 6 who’s playing good footy, he’s only 32, he can easy re-sign with them for another 2 years.

Plus Moylan’s a running 6 .. anyone who’s watched Trindall play, knows he’s a game managing old school 7 .. and can anyone see them moving their Dally M halfback to accomodate Trindall ?

Narrr .. if the Tigers go hard they’ll get him, just as we could if we tried ..

As mentioned .. watch this space ..
So why did Trindall re-sign with them last season and why didn't he join another club when he had the chance?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those stats aren't impressive and Critta kicking goals next year.
For a fill in 7, those stats are way better than anything we currently have …. with a coach that trusts him to manage us around the park in a full time gig, I believe he’ll only continue to get better .. the telling factor is he can set up try’s and his kick average .. another big boot to kick us out of trouble beside Burton and Mahoney to take the pressure of, would be huge for us ..

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Such a sideways move

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs aren’t going to chase a halfback when they have laid out $500,000 for a teenager from the broncos