RULE CHANGES AND MORE RULE CHANGES

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know whats happening with he game ratings at present, It might be possible that the networks are pushing for thses rule changes due to loss of ratings.
Saw Trent Barrets mid week press conference he is opposed to this neww 7 tackle set if the ball is kicked into touch, said what we all know that it's going to make for more score blowouts.
IMHO those responsible are killing the game.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. The game and the administration of it are getting to farcical proportions.

Thought Wayne Pearce had more sense than to propose rubbish like this.

Once upon a time I would watch every game in the round, now I'm struggling to watch one, and only because they are my team. The game sux at the moment and not just the Bulldogs.

Big forwards will be made redundant at this rate, as you will need 13 athletes.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is another revolt against the games administration, akin to the super league war of 1995.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. The game and the administration of it are getting to farcical proportions.

Once upon a time I would watch every game in the round, now I'm struggling to watch one, and only because they are my team. The game sux at the moment and not just the Bulldogs.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is another revolt against the games administration, akin to the super league war of 1995.
We don't have too many really big players. If the changes suit our smaller forwards, and we start beating the fancier sides, the NRL will quickly revert to the old rules.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

A total revamp (complete change of leadership) at the top is what is needed, but not sure how it could happen with the 2 Networks now soposidly running (more like ruining) the game.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
A total revamp (complete change of leadership) at the top is what is needed, but not sure how it could happen with the 2 Networks now soposidly running (more like ruining) the game.
The game needs to be treated like a computer where you do a restart from the last point it was good. Mid to late 90's and very early 2000's was the last time the footy was good.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What the hell is the evolution committee?
So they are deliberately removing the game away from its origins into a high tech, modern, politically correct nit pick to increase its appeal.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is needed is to go to the fans and ask what WE want not some advertising executive at 9 or some pony-tailed wanker in a marketing department says we want!
Give the fans what they want no more and no less and the profits will flow...
EG, If we want contested scrums or to go back to 1990 rules for instance, then so be it!!!

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is needed is to go to the fans and ask what WE want not some advertising executive at 9 or some pony-tailed wanker in a marketing department says we want!
EG, If we want contested scrums or to go back to 1990 rules for instance, then so be it!!!
Worst thing is I did that fan survey that was put out and the majority of fans had voted in favour of the rule changes. Either Vlandys has planted those votes or that casual fans who don’t know the game if people don’t stand up the game will keep going to shit

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The game needs to be treated like a computer where you do a restart from the last point it was good. Mid to late 90's and very early 2000's was the last time the footy was good.
I would'nt completely blame V'Landays or any of the others for that matter because at least some of the problem is caused by the changes in Players bodies in recent times. Dean Pay was around 90 KG's when he started playing prop for us. With the changes in body shapes other changes were always going to be inevitable. Just that the powers went in the wrong direction, and now IMHO there is no turning back, and we will in the future see more never ending changes untill the game dead and burried.
I personally enjoy the girls and kids games much more than NRL games nowdays..

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have written to the NRL a number of times with well thought out and constructive suggestions. At no stage have I received a reply.

I doubt they welcome input from fans. So your idea, as much as I agree with it won't fly unfortunately.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have written to the NRL a number of times with well thought out and constructive suggestions. At no stage have I received a reply.

I doubt they welcome input from fans. So your idea, as much as I agree with it won't fly unfortunately.
"What do you know, you're just a mear pleb! You just toddle along and buy the sponsor's products and keep gambling like a good little mushroom and let us tell you what you like..!"
I think this is the general attitude of the NRL to its fans.
If we started voting with our feet and started showing an unhealthy interest in Union they would have a fit, and I can tell you, Union is rapidly becoming twice the game League is...!

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
"What do you know, you're just a mear pleb! You just toddle along and buy the sponsor's products and keep gambling like a good little mushroom and let us tell you what you like..!"
I think this is the general attitude of the NRL to its fans.
If we started voting with our feet and started showing an unhealthy interest in Union they would have a fit, and I can tell you, Union is rapidly becoming twice the game League is...!
You're probably right in your thinking.

But as I said to them in one of my letter I played the game. Refereed the game for 22 years and after finishing as a ref, got an ARL coaching certificate and coached for 12 years. I think I know more about the game than they seem to understand.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I get they're trying to make the game more exciting and faster but it comes at a significant price. More and more players are getting injured, with many even season ending. They even brought in the 18th man rule partly as a result of this. Do they not see the correlation here?

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I get they're trying to make the game more exciting and faster but it comes at a significant price. More and more players are getting injured, with many even season ending. They even brought in the 18th man rule partly as a result of this. Do they not see the correlation here?
I will slightly modify this saying because it's appropriate.
You can't soar like an eagle when the game is run by turkeys.

Last edited: