RULE CHANGES AND MORE RULE CHANGES

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Worst thing is I did that fan survey that was put out and the majority of fans had voted in favour of the rule changes. Either Vlandys has planted those votes or that casual fans who don’t know the game if people don’t stand up the game will keep going to shit
Vlad probably had programmed Russian bots completing the survey.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Vlad probably had programmed Russian bots completing the survey.
Although he’s Greek Wendy :tearsofjoy: But I agree I don’t think we need to change the rules every year. The game is already fast enough and many teams still haven’t adapted to the recent changes - hence the disparity in score lines week to week.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Although he’s Greek Wendy :tearsofjoy: But I agree I don’t think we need to change the rules every year. The game is already fast enough and many teams still haven’t adapted to the recent changes - hence the disparity in score lines week to week.
Russians always get the blame for bots lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hmmmm there is another country that is fairly advanced with AI but I’ll leave it there ;)
It's just a saying lol.
But yes it could well have been Chinese bots...probably was them come to think about it.

Anyway Vlad rigged the survey lol

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It's just a saying lol.
But yes it could well have been Chinese bots...probably was them come to think about it.

Anyway Vlad rigged the survey lol
Oh right I’d never heard of that saying - my bad. Just read Vlad (vlandys abbreviated )which is a Russian name then your reference to Russian robots.

All that aside I don’t like the new & proposed new rules, it feels like a different game to the one I grew playing and watching. Maybe some people are ok with that but personally if I wasn’t in a footy tipping comp and putting on multis there is a lot of games I probably wouldn’t watch now because it’s it’s decided in 10-15min period by a stack of penalties & set restarts.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So here is my take on it.

Because the game has neglected grass roots areas so badly over the past 20 years with once loyal country League towns now without teams, these clowns are trying to find new pathways into Rugby League via the brain child of that other clown "Todd Greenberg" through touch football.
They Have Lost Their Marbles.

When they started tinkering with the rules last year, I made comment to anyone who'd listen that the game is becoming a glorified version of Touch Football.

With the current rules in the game plus the addition of this new stupid rule, they are molding the game into a "Tackle" Version of Touch Football.

Mark my word's - "It wont be long before they start talking about re-introducing unlimited interchange" and then their mission will be complete.

By driving the big man out of the game, the NRL might well be responsible for saving Rugby Union in this country.

I grew up playing both sports and loved them both immensely, but they are a different game and should always remain that way.

I don't like the game anymore.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wihtout a doubt league is more boring than ever.. Without blokes like Latrell causing biffs every second tackle the game would be near unwatchable.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Oh right I’d never heard of that saying - my bad. Just read Vlad (vlandys abbreviated )which is a Russian name then your reference to Russian robots.

All that aside I don’t like the new & proposed new rules, it feels like a different game to the one I grew playing and watching. Maybe some people are ok with that but personally if I wasn’t in a footy tipping comp and putting on multis there is a lot of games I probably wouldn’t watch now because it’s it’s decided in 10-15min period by a stack of penalties & set restarts.
The game has no "meat" to it anymore. There's no integrity of the skills of the unique game it was born as that differentiated it from union.

Just 9's footy. There's no tactics other than speed, forward passes, shepard plays in all its varieties. Encouraging smarty players to stay down scrounging for a penalty. Refs being as inept and corrupt worse than ever believed possible.

Vlad (always called him that as its easier to spell) better start listening to the major stakeholders...the fans and therefore parents of all the future players.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're probably right in your thinking.

But as I said to them in one of my letter I played the game. Refereed the game for 22 years and after finishing as a ref, got an ARL coaching certificate and coached for 12 years. I think I know more about the game than they seem to understand.
The pony-tailed non-performing expert (wanker) in the marketing department who has never picked up a ball in their lives will beg to differ...

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The pony-tailed non-performing expert (wanker) in the marketing department who has never picked up a ball in their lives will beg to differ...
Probably correct.
I think the major problem with the much vaunted ARL Commission is that it is over loaded with business people, and not enough people who have been involved with the game at Elite club level who have superior understanding of the game.

I've said thus before but the commission needs a balance by having on there, a retired referee, a retired coach and an ex club ceo, to balance out those with business acumen who have less rugby league intelligence.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I would'nt completely blame V'Landays or any of the others for that matter because at least some of the problem is caused by the changes in Players bodies in recent times. Dean Pay was around 90 KG's when he started playing prop for us. With the changes in body shapes other changes were always going to be inevitable. Just that the powers went in the wrong direction, and now IMHO there is no turning back, and we will in the future see more never ending changes untill the game dead and burried.
I personally enjoy the girls and kids games much more than NRL games nowdays..
Yeah I pretty much agree. Did the bodies change or did the game change the bodies? A long time ago for example when scrums were contested you needed weight, rule changed so the bigger bodies started to decline? The game sped up and fitness was higher, Marty Bella and Glen Lazarus shapes became fewer and fewer. Look at Kasiano and Georgie Rose, didn't last long. I don't know, all I know is I don't recognise the game anymore, didn't even watch us last week, certainly won't this week and don't watch any other games...or last 10 minutes before I lose interest. I do agree that the game is past turning back without someone coming and and calling "reset". Oh well was good while it lasted I guess......

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
May as well change the comp to under 85kg restricted
Soon they will be bringing a new tackle rule The Kiss tackle...:fearscream:
Not the French Kiss though, you get sent off for that :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes the word is farce.
This is absurd. People who have to change things to justify their salaries.
Leave the game alone Nrl, it’s fine without your stupid tinkering.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People only have to look at the last 2 years with all the rule changes,injuries have gone up,suspensions have almost tripled,ratings are taking a nosedive,and y because of the obsession to take the wrestle out of the game,has the 6again improved the overall state of the game,for me it’s it’s become a game of touch,all year long I haven’t managed to sit through a whole game,predictable and boring

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Games used to swing in the balance. Keep us on the edge with minutes to go.
Anything more than 30 points was a flogging.

Now we see 30, 40, 50 scores regularly. Games are decided by half time. It’s boring.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get they're trying to make the game more exciting and faster but it comes at a significant price. More and more players are getting injured, with many even season ending. They even brought in the 18th man rule partly as a result of this. Do they not see the correlation here?
IMHO, the powers to be are either dumb, obsessed with looking after their pets, or worried that support for the game is going down hill and are doing what our club has been doing for a long time now ie. (continually making panic decissions)..

joesassic

Waterboy
Reaction score
Would like to see them play a game without any refereeing involved.. the players know what they are doing and will tell you when something is done wrong

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would'nt completely blame V'Landays or any of the others for that matter because at least some of the problem is caused by the changes in Players bodies in recent times. Dean Pay was around 90 KG's when he started playing prop for us. With the changes in body shapes other changes were always going to be inevitable. Just that the powers went in the wrong direction, and now IMHO there is no turning back, and we will in the future see more never ending changes untill the game dead and burried.
I personally enjoy the girls and kids games much more than NRL games nowdays..
Actually there is a way. A breakaway super league with genuine traditional rules, but they'd have to do it soon before rugby league is lost to these fvcking stooges in charge.