Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Dragons Game Day Thread

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
KO will be the 5/8, Reynolds will go to the bench and Brown will drop out. I hope they both have a big game. Positive Vibes

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Also, Reynolds is the best possible option to partner Burton. Gus has said many times, the best halves combos are usually an old experienced head with a young gun. Reynolds will be awesome for Burton to have alongside him and also to slowly blood KO
I agree. I also dont think we have seen the best of Reynolds off the bench either. He comes on in short bursts and tries too hard. Hopefully with a full game he can slowly build and show some leadership on the field alongside burton.
Dont mind if KO makes it onto the bench, but i think it was the right move to not start him.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was Davey injured or dropped?
Dropped. He has offered nothing the past 2 weeks. On his return from injury he looked understandably completely off the pace, but last week he was just meh. Didnt offer anything useful off the bench. Just made a few tackles and had a few poor runs.
Hughes was pretty dominant in the first half of Cup last week.
Personally id like to see Harrison Edwards at lock and RFM part of our prop rotation. Edwards looked very sharp on the weekend and was a great linkman. RFM just runs one out.
Would have liked to see Skelton named in the side, not just as a reserve. Surely he plays and wont spend 2 weeks in pergatory doing nothing on the bench, he needs game time!

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Good to see pele and nu brown are healing quick. Need the reinforcements. Kikau however looks like to have been pushed back from round 18 to to round 22

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Going by yesterday's game Saint's aren't going to be an easy victory if anything they should start odd's on, and hopefully it's a dry track so no blaming the greasy condition's with the dropped ball that our team seems to thrive on.
I beleive it's being played in the Gong and the forecast (at this stage) is for rain and wind at a ground that is very exposed to the weather.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Also, Reynolds is the best possible option to partner Burton. Gus has said many times, the best halves combos are usually an old experienced head with a young gun. Reynolds will be awesome for Burton to have alongside him and also to slowly blood KO
I think that it will take all of 1 week for it to become obvious that JR isn't the solution at 6 or 7 in the 1st grade side. But what happens then ....

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
bro why the FCUK is everyone complaining holy shit. we wanted flanagan gone and now yous sook wtf is this place bro. who cares who replaced him he’s gone
Yea but not like this….not like this!

Only thing worse would be Okunbor being named halfback….

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Glad Morrin is back in the side, he should be starting lock ahead of RFM.
Due to his size I think he is a bit more effective off the bench personally. But I agree he’s always been solid in 1st grade.

PaxMaxi1980

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Swoosh Baby! Kylie is gone! Reynolds is a far better option! Interesting to see whether KO comes in over the next month.
But let’s all just celebrate and focus on the positive. Kylie is finally out and the team is improved already.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's why a replacement on the bench is a must.
yeah but none that are named on the bench can play halves so I guess either Browne or ko will be on the bench on game day

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
First they said he wouldn't make the top 30. Now he's starting in the halves. Interesting that...

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the love of god Reynolds shouldn’t be playing anywhere near 80 minutes