Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Dragons Game Day Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Sloan got shown by Averillo not once but twice. I thought he would mow him down once Averillo stepped back on the inside. A good fullback would've saved both those tries. Shows why Griffin left him in reserve grade or maybe he's trying to get Griffin sacked lol...
I was most impressed by Avo's total unconcern for Sloan stopping him and he backed himself. It was beautiful. He always had the talent: just not the "mongrel". It gave off vibes of he has turned the corner and he was much more vocal and looked at ease and that he feels he is a big part of the team and an important contributor.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at the game yesterday. So many dogs supporters there was awesome atmosphere!!!

Is anyone noticing Reed Mahoney taking a little step back but having a more solid controlled game ? Feel like he has been told go back to basics for now and it’s working. No errors in his game
I think the halves are calling for the ball more so he knows what’s happening with out having to be the player organising everything,
You could see Reynolds for the time he was on wasn’t shutting up

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Better late than never...
Congratulations to the team on a great performance " Proud to be a Bulldog "
Couldn't post before, my lap top shit itself before the game :grimacing::tearsofjoy:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I was most impressed by Avo's total unconcern for Sloan stopping him and he backed himself. It was beautiful. He always had the talent: just not the "mongrel". It gave off vibes of he has turned the corner and he was much more vocal and looked at ease and that he feels he is a big part of the team and an important contributor.
If there is one thing that stands out to me from Ciraldo's coaching is that he has instilled in the players that they need to trust in their abilities, believe in themselves and execute.

There are 3 standouts from yesterday, Averillo's belief that he could beat the defence, not once but twice, and Waddell's kick, chase and try. That took a lot of self belief and trust in the training and hard work that they have put in.

Always a Bulldog

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If there is one thing that stands out to me from Ciraldo's coaching is that he has instilled in the players that they need to trust in their abilities, believe in themselves and execute.

There are 3 standouts from yesterday, Averillo's belief that he could beat the defence, not once but twice, and Waddell's kick, chase and try. That took a lot of self belief and trust in the training and hard work that they have put in.

Always a Bulldog
Agree. I dont agree with all his selections and bench decisions but as I've said, with my concerns, there is no one that can minimise the personal influence he is having on these players' confidence and accountability. Almost all of them in, or close to, personal best form or performing in whats best for the team mode.