Official Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Dragons Game Day Thread

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im approaching this game the same as any other game... We are battling to win every week at the moment and this will be no different of course
I dont think anyone is back from injury, I hope he chooses skelton and ease oloapu in on the bench instead of reynolds, and bring in another big bopper on the bench eg Sam hughes..

Will be another tough game

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ve had a tough few weeks with opponents and our injury crisis doesn’t help, but there was enough in that sharks game for me that we should be able to beat the dragons. We need to control the ball better for starters. We were able to score points when we did tonight. For mine I just don’t think Perham is working at fullback and would give Avo another go. Perham just crabs the ball up then gets driven backwards every time. Without fox and Kiraz taking those hard runs and getting us out of trouble after a soft kick return, we just don’t have the forwards to do it so we’re starting to every set on the back foot.
I would definitely stick with the Burton at 7 experiment. He is our best player and we need the ball getting to him more than it has been. He showed that tonight with the assist to Waddell. We need him more than just playing the set away from him so he can kick on the last.
I might be unpopular here but we looked better when Reynolds came on the field. He straightens our attack in a big way. Not sure he has a full 80 in him but I would love to see 6. Reynolds 7. Burton for a few weeks.
If we lose to Dragons we can forget about finals footy and realistically we probably need to win at least 3 of our next 4 with the draw we have. I didn’t expect to beat Storm or Cowboys but didn’t expect to lose to Manly and Warriors. The last 3 games I had written off anyways and our injuries don’t help.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Needs to fuck off with his player loyalty and start selecting a good side. The shit ***** just let him down but his fault for continuing to choose them.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
We’ve had a tough few weeks with opponents and our injury crisis doesn’t help, but there was enough in that sharks game for me that we should be able to beat the dragons. We need to control the ball better for starters. We were able to score points when we did tonight. For mine I just don’t think Perham is working at fullback and would give Avo another go. Perham just crabs the ball up then gets driven backwards every time. Without fox and Kiraz taking those hard runs and getting us out of trouble after a soft kick return, we just don’t have the forwards to do it so we’re starting to every set on the back foot.
I would definitely stick with the Burton at 7 experiment. He is our best player and we need the ball getting to him more than it has been. He showed that tonight with the assist to Waddell. We need him more than just playing the set away from him so he can kick on the last.
I might be unpopular here but we looked better when Reynolds came on the field. He straightens our attack in a big way. Not sure he has a full 80 in him but I would love to see 6. Reynolds 7. Burton for a few weeks.
If we lose to Dragons we can forget about finals footy and realistically we probably need to win at least 3 of our next 4 with the draw we have. I didn’t expect to beat Storm or Cowboys but didn’t expect to lose to Manly and Warriors. The last 3 games I had written off anyways and our injuries don’t help.

It's pretty clear going off the last 3 weeks, There was many opportunities to bring "Mr Pashun"on early in the match to replace a injured backline player.The coach chose to to play Porpupine instead

Why is he even on the bench if he is only good for 20 mins ?

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Winable game dragons are as shit as we are but how’s our head space ?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Confidence is down and I don't know how long they can buy into what's being sold to them at training, it won't be a easy game either.
This is my fear too. It's all effort under extreme adversity and dumb handling/mistakes when we get the ball and no x factor AT ALL. It's taking a toll.

Ciro simply has to put some hope, give them some positives by selecting Skelton and KO on the bench. Ok chances are they wont be single handedly winning the game for the guys but there will be tackle breaks, some runs from Skelton and KO probably could bring more than JR.

Ciro probably wont change it up tho bcof preference to go with experience.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree. Perham has not shown enough to warrant his selection. Every time he gets the ball he is running sideways and just runs out of room. Honestly hasnt offered anything.
Edwards looked great in the cup game game yesterday. 114m in the first half, and showed some great ball playing. He needs to bring that to fg. Skelton should have played yesterday. If he was on the field it wouldnt have been such a mismatch between our backs.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Skelton for Casey, Hughes for Okunbor Brown if fit for Reynolds.

the coaches see a lot more than we do BUT Okunbor is terrible as a forwrad - he just grabs at shirts, waits for the player to run past him so he can make a legs tackle and avoid the collision.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This team needs the Mbye and the bye to refresh and reset the season.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully the dragons fire up on Tuesday and have a physical game against the roosters and cop a few knocks.

Dragons in the gong are tough. But should be able to scrape away with a win. We showed last night our attack is OK if we can just hold the ball.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ok so Pele and Brown decent possibilities of playing so I would run this:

1. Perham
2. Skelton
3. Alamoti
4. Averillo
5. Burns
6. Oloapu
7. Burton
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. TPJ
11. Preston
12. RFM
13. Waddell

14. Brown
15. Pele
16. Hughes
17. Davey

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I think our wing centre combos need practice together, changing them again won't do us any good. They will be better for the run agaisnt Sharkies. Pele and Brown will be good additions to the pack