Official Round 9 Bulldogs V Dragons - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I get that. My issue is people say Meaney is dropped because we need more metres at the back because our middles suck. Maybe my coaching philosophy is different... But that's the fucking forwards issue not Meaney, if they harden the fuck up his job is easier. Also the halves problem due to their shit kicking game.
So what exactly does Meaney offer that's so great that makes up for half the metres, a third of the busted tackles and far slower play the balls that kill the start our sets?

It's not like Meaney's is doing a Latrell and creating line breaks and tries for everyone else. He doesn't back anyone up in support. He's horrible and half a step slow in cover defence.. And he doesn't ever show off his pace as he's always on the back foot and doesn't have a strong fend..

Dallin is a stop gap solution at fullback and certainly has his flaws. We need a better option next year. But right now he helps the team more from fullback than Meaney does.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The yardage DWZ provides is priceless when your forwards are shithouse! Meaney is a better talker/organiser and more reliable but fcuk we lose too much with him back there..
Nailed it

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So what exactly does Meaney offer that's so great that makes up for half the metres, a third of the busted tackles and far slower play the balls that kill the start our sets?

It's not like Meaney's is doing a Latrell and creating line breaks and tries for everyone else. He doesn't back anyone up in support. He's horrible and half a step slow in cover defence.. And he doesn't ever show off his pace as he's always on the back foot and doesn't have a strong fend..

Dallin is a stop gap solution at fullback and certainly has his flaws. We need a better option next year. But right now he helps the team more from fullback than Meaney does.
I would even have DWZ as the stop gap for next too until somebody else steps up or atleast until his contract ends. Cannot the believe we ended up with Meaney when kids like Walsh and Lawrie pass by.

Remind me again why we let go of Logen Dillon?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I would hate to be your pet dog, one misguided poo in the house and he's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNE!!!!!!!!
Bro, my dog legit vomits in the house lol.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it correct Deitz cannot start until after round 10 or 11? Someone mentioned this. Id prefer him starting over Katoa

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
get Katoa out! Stop changing the team every week aswell Baz, giving me Dean Pay vibes

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is it correct Deitz cannot start until after round 10 or 11? Someone mentioned this. Id prefer him starting over Katoa
thats incorrect

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

It all comes down to the fact that Meaney is an actual fullback and we should be trying to develop. We have spent the last 3 years of our time at the bottom of the ladder fucking around using stop gap solutions instead of trying to create real talent. Maybe if we persisted with Nick instead of Hoppa and DWZ and unfit flops like Allan we wouldn't be in this position with a stop gap. Again if Meaney doesn't make it so be it, but you can't say that he hasn't been given a fair go. DWZ has had numerous opportunities at #1 and has shown he can only run hard that's it and that can be done from the wing... Most people who argue this fact are the same people that say Cotric is a winger and not a centre.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyway back to the Saints game and I felt this could be our chance to get our 2nd win of the season as we have a fairly good record against them compared to other teams. That was until I saw the team lists.

Napa starting in the forwards, Kotoa at hooker and B Cummins as ref we’re fucked!

Saints by 20.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lewis hasn’t lost a game yet this year that he has not been knocked out :p

that includes the trial:sweatsmile:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really look forward to the team sheet on Tuesdays after a loss. The thought of seeing some refreshing changes made to positions that were poor on the weekend. Yet here we are. Fucking groundhog day. Seriously, what does Flanagan have to do to be dropped??? Or more accurately, how many more failures does he need to be dropped??