Official Round 8 - Bulldogs vs Rabbitohs - Discussion Thread

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are the new Parramatta unfortunately, the rot set in at the top.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep another good start to a new week, another week of copping shit from co workers, another week of the board doing fuck all about it.
What I wouldn't give to hear some good signings so we have some hope for next year but I'm not getting my hopes up. Watch us play the broncos into form
Lynne doesn't care. She's in no hurry. According to her the board has another 2 years because it usually takes 5 years for a rebuild

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was happy with use of ball in first half but disappointed with attack .

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Non stop head torture.
Last weeks dropped high balls has been fixed now they are forcing the pass and chucking speculators.
Can't question the effort, there is hunger there.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
You are the fucking reason we are at the bottom of the table you piece of shit. You were happy with 2016-2018 grinding games scoring 8 points. You scum bag fucks who think it’s okay to be like this and “effort is ok” fuck you. I’m sick of you fucking losers. We are the bulldogs not the fucking tigers or titans. Stop following this team honestly fuck off
F***** OATHH !!! F*** THIS MEDIOCRE BULL**** WE HAVE LITERALLY BEEN PLUMMETING FOR YEARS NOW!!!! ITS UNACCEPTABLE!!! THE DOGS I KNOW NEVER STAYED DOWN FOR THIS LONG!!!!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So you didnt even watch the game but you’re commenting on effort. Are you guys all impressed we didnt get flogged by 30? Let’s all give our lads a clap for doing what they’re paid to do.
I listened to the game but can't watch it over here.

Can you point out where someone here has said they were impressed with the performance? And where have I commended their 'effort' as you put it?

At the end of the day the team did OK ... which is exactly what I said. This isn't good enough for our club, not in the slightest.

However, had you added a few top players to our side the result would've been quite different imo. Shit. If Cook was at hooker for us I honestly think we would've got up as he adds that element of class that we're so badly lacking.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
F***** OATHH !!! F*** THIS MEDIOCRE BULL**** WE HAVE LITERALLY BEEN PLUMMETING FOR YEARS NOW!!!! ITS UNACCEPTABLE!!! THE DOGS I KNOW NEVER STAYED DOWN FOR THIS LONG!!!!
Sorry what was that?, maybe speak up..

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Gutsy performance !!!
It further highlights the positions needed to be upgraded.
I agree. I was actually proud of about 70 minutes of tonight's team. All I have ever asked is that they play their best. Tonight I think I saw close to that from our team. Yep we lost and although it was an winnable game as you say, it showed what areas we are weak in.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with him mate, runs rings around our boys. And will come at a good price. And doesn’t have a club, could do a lot worse.!!! At least he will offer better attack and some more points.!!!
He is okay, just think we need to aim a lot higher.

DoggieDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whether pay can coach or not thats a debate i will leave for the experts
One thing everyone will agree with is his obsession to play players out of position

1. Holland at hooker - signed a proper hooker in the off season to warm the seat - atleast his passing is crispier than Holland

2. Smith was so good on the wing - a failed centre

3. Alot of people talking about how imp Tolman is - seriosly guys he isnt on cheap money - for someone who is earning Anything above 550 K offers zip and if he is so good in defence how come we are leaking so many points every week and solid defence means dominating the attacking team - can anyone recall last when tolman hit someone hard to dislodge a ball ?

Hate to say this but when Des was on board we were not scoring tries but we were not leaking anything like this as well

Time for a change !!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree. I was actually proud of about 70 minutes of tonight's team. All I have ever asked is that they play their best. Tonight I think I saw close to that from our team. Yep we lost and although it was an winnable game as you say, it showed what areas we are weak in.
Yep. I feel for the guys putting in their all, only to see a close game blown away.
That final try summed us up, pretty well - the effort is there, but the execution is poor.
I think we already knew what areas we are weak in- and didn't need tonight to confirm it.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whether pay can coach or not thats a debate i will leave for the experts
One thing everyone will agree with is his obsession to play players out of position

1. Holland at hooker - signed a proper hooker in the off season to warm the seat - atleast his passing is crispier than Holland

2. Smith was so good on the wing - a failed centre

3. Alot of people talking about how imp Tolman is - seriosly guys he isnt on cheap money - for someone who is earning Anything above 550 K offers zip and if he is so good in defence how come we are leaking so many points every week and solid defence means dominating the attacking team - can anyone recall last when tolman hit someone hard to dislodge a ball ?

Hate to say this but when Des was on board we were not scoring tries but we were not leaking anything like this as well

Time for a change !!
Its a 13 man game. Tolman is 1 man

DoggieDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its a 13 man game. Tolman is 1 man
so why bother making anychange
Holland should stay
So should any other player

One player makes a different specially when you are not burning a play in the attacking zone tackle 2 and 4 every play
Even blocker can see it now lol

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Blocker actually made a top call tonight.

Napa takes a hit up, three in the tackle and offloads to Tolman. He takes the run into the area Napa is. Idiot. But I don’t blame him.

You watch other teams, 90% of them take it to the other side as they’ll be short somewhere.
Why aren’t we coached the same way? Don’t blame the cattle, not hard to pass the ball sideways so the ball is in the hands of someone who knows what to do!

We had numbers to the left and we didn’t take it. And that’s a wrap, we’re done

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Blocker actually made a top call tonight.

Napa takes a hit up, three in the tackle and offloads to Tolman. He takes the run into the area Napa is. Idiot. But I don’t blame him.

You watch other teams, 90% of them take it to the other side as they’ll be short somewhere.
Why aren’t we coached the same way? Don’t blame the cattle, not hard to pass the ball sideways so the ball is in the hands of someone who knows what to do!

We had numbers to the left and we didn’t take it. And that’s a wrap, we’re done
Tolman can barely pass. I guarantee you Tolman will do the exact same thing again. In attack Tolman's mind is - .