Round 8 - Bulldogs vs Panthers - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I am going to be irrationally angry if we lose and score hardly any points tonight.
Far more optimistic than me!

I am going to be irrationally angry WHEN we lose and score hardly any points tonight.

Only consolation about Panthers putting 30+ on us tonight, is that MAYBE we won't be able to wheel out the "we improved in defence and attack" line.

As it stands if we kick a field goal to get on the board whilst being 50-0 down, that'd be considered "improved".

PANTHERS
FOR 162 (23 avr)
AGA 106 (15 avr)

DOGS
FOR 103 (14 avr)
AGA 146 (20 avr)

I reckon we will get done in the region of 24-6, or 36-6.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Can’t believe To’omaga can’t get a run in this lot but Fine can keep a spot when he offers nothing. What is Pay doing?
What about poor old Rhys Martin. Best player in Cup last year and again so far this year and doesn't even get a look in?? WTF???

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What about poor old Rhys Martin. Best player in Cup last year and again so far this year and doesn't even get a look in?? WTF???
Could it possibly be because he isn't good enough? How many coaches does it take to have a view that is right? We are up to 4 now. Playing in a pseudo ISP side that is badged as PNG doesn't make you a FG player. I haven't watched a lot of him but he does seem rather lazy.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Far more optimistic than me!

I am going to be irrationally angry WHEN we lose and score hardly any points tonight.

Only consolation about Panthers putting 30+ on us tonight, is that MAYBE we won't be able to wheel out the "we improved in defence and attack" line.

As it stands if we kick a field goal to get on the board whilst being 50-0 down, that'd be considered "improved".

PANTHERS
FOR 162 (23 avr)
AGA 106 (15 avr)

DOGS
FOR 103 (14 avr)
AGA 146 (20 avr)

I reckon we will get done in the region of 24-6, or 36-6.
Wow, that's depressing. Dogs by 4.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wallace being out is actually a positive for them
There bench hooker Katoa is strong and lightning quick from dummy half
Something our putrid inept flop of a hooker isn’t

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wallace being out is actually a positive for them
There bench hooker Katoa is strong and lightning quick from dummy half
Something our putrid inept flop of a hooker isn’t
Exactly ... people think we will win this because we beat them last time (and in the trials).

PANTHERS
FOR 162 (23 avr)
AGA 106 (15 avr)

DOGS
FOR 103 (14 avr)
AGA 146 (20 avr)

Compared to the ROOSTERS (before last game):
FOR 18 avr
AGA 13 avr

Panthers are solid across the park, and will put on a score tonight. We couldn't even score against the Roosters, and yet Roosters and Panthers defence is very similar, but Panthers score about a try more a game.

In for a looooooooonnnnnng night.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If there lightest player Maloney makes more line breaks against us this time round, im throwing an axe at my plasma.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Could it possibly be because he isn't good enough? How many coaches does it take to have a view that is right? We are up to 4 now. Playing in a pseudo ISP side that is badged as PNG doesn't make you a FG player. I haven't watched a lot of him but he does seem rather lazy.
That theory may hold water if it had any logic or basis.

However, your speculation fails to appreciate that Asapeli Fine has been picked in 1st grade ahead of Rhys notwithstanding that Rhys was clearly our best ISP Player last year (he won the Player of the year award) and plays in the same position as Fine.

If you actually watch a reasonable amount of ISP before commenting about other people perceiving themselves as "coaches", you might re-think these comments.

Cheers.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw a lot him last year and in most games this year. Martin is a solid NSW CUP player - that's it. Very good goal kicker.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That theory may hold water if it had any logic or basis.

However, your speculation fails to appreciate that Asapeli Fine has been picked in 1st grade ahead of Rhys notwithstanding that Rhys was clearly our best ISP Player last year (he won the Player of the year award) and plays in the same position as Fine.

If you actually watch a reasonable amount of ISP before commenting about other people perceiving themselves as "coaches", you might re-think these comments.

Cheers.
Well you clearly have a great deal more knowledge than me about these two, except for the fact that Fine played FG with the Tigers before coming to us and has always been regarded as a FG level player. Now Martin...... I guess my "theory" holds a little more water than you think. Bottom line is that unless a player makes his FG debut by 24 then he is highly unlikely to ever be a FG player. You can count on one hand the number of players who have debuted after 24 - and stayed there.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone confident about tonight??
I'm not even nervous anymore as my expectations are so low now.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think i will watch. I am not wrecking my phone or tv tonight.
I feel you. I can’t manage my anger when watching this team, yet some people say to me support another team. Also rip my tv 2016 - 2018. Got a new one though so might watch

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just seen Beastwood at JBHIFI Liverpool with his partner and kid just after 12pm today, man this dude is actually bulked up in real life not fat like we see him on TV haha ... anyways the dude let it slip that things are crap because it's hard to change what crap Hasler fed in their ears all these years, he did say no one wants to leave the club as the boys all love the blue and white however with Hasler stuffing up the back ended deals most of our long term players will have to move on as there is no way the club can afford anyone next year. I guess this is a good thing cause Pay will be left with minor players and he can re build for 2020, so looks like 2019 will be another tough year for us folks, sorry! I asked Eastwood how come he is here and not preparing for the game he said he lives at West Hoxton which is up the road and doesn't need to head into the game until later, the dude is a funny block the crap he came up telling me, we basically already know things like club is better without Hasler, football budget spending is down, no more crappy video sessions, he also said the boys think highly of Pay but he is afraid most won't be able to be coached by him beyond this year due to the stuff up from Hasler. Anyways did not know where to post this and did not want to create a new thread but hopefully our team goes ok tonight if not then it's the Hasler affect yet again!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.