Official Round 7 - Bulldogs vs Tigers - Discussion Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's really not sinking in is it mate. Willie Talau wanted to coach the fleg team, the club said no, so he pulled his kid Tommy. End of story. It's really wuite simple. Willie is the one who should have been loyal, not Tommy. The Bulldogs paid home well for many years and gave contracts to his kids as well.
That's only part of the story though. There's also the whole issue with development contracts.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's really not sinking in is it mate. Willie Talau wanted to coach the fleg team, the club said no, so he pulled his kid Tommy. End of story. It's really wuite simple. Willie is the one who should have been loyal, not Tommy. The Bulldogs paid home well for many years and gave contracts to his kids as well.
I have also heard that Willie used his boys as blackmail, "if you don't sign me I'll go elsewhere and take the boys with me".

Go Dogs

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can anything be done to change that?
Yes, it's up to the voting members. We need people with football knowledge, professionalism and power who want to work together to achieve a common goal.
For years our club has been infiltrated with too much politics, power trips, nepotism and dog eats dog. I'm sick of it.
In the past I have mingled with certain personalities at our club and seen first hand how too many people inside the club with pulling power put their egos ahead of what is good for the club.
Too many have grudges against each other and put their personal agendas in the middle of all of it. If they all came together and worked for a common goal we'd be better than the roosters.
There is one director on the board who has the vision but just keeps getting opposed and out voted.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes, it's up to the voting members. We need people with football knowledge, professionalism and power who want to work together to achieve a common goal.
For years our club has been infiltrated with too much politics, power trips, nepotism and dog eats dog. I'm sick of it.
In the past I have mingled with certain personalities at our club and seen first hand how too many people inside the club with pulling power put their egos ahead of what is good for the club.
Too many have grudges against each other and put their personal agendas in the middle of all of it. If they all came together and worked for a common goal we'd be better than the roosters.
There is one director on the board who has the vision but just keeps getting opposed and out voted.
Parra had the same in fighting and politics for over a decade when Fitzgerald was there and we used to mock them for it. They were their own worst enemy.

For the last five years our club has been as dysfunctional as they were.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, it's up to the voting members....
I'm sorry, have you not seen some of the voting members on this site?

They love to spruik and toe the party line.. they believe the current board should be given more time :unamused:

They constantly love to remind other posters they are voting members to belittle them also

To me, they are the problem, they see it as status symbol and badge of honor

I swear it's like they get an erection as soon as they start typing V O T....

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bloody spot on Brother, Egos are the scourge of many organisations and our society, and our club is paying heavily for it.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well first there has to be people prepared to put their hand up to run.

I suspect there will be more and more who will be prepared to do so if the club continues to decline.

It was a shame no opposition alternatives ran last February if the situation within the club with self interest is as bad as you indicate.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

They love to spruik and toe the party line.. they believe the current board should be given more time :unamused:

They constantly love to remind other posters they are voting members to belittle them also

I'm a voting member too and this current board is going to have to pull a gigantic sized rabbit out of their hat for me to even think about voting for them.

They have dined out on the mistakes of the past for far too long and look scared to make their own decisions.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Hi Mate, I'm a voting member of the football club since 2008.

I must admit I too believed the current board needed time and I was a strong supporter of Lyn and co, but that was last year and the year before.

This year I have changed my view as I don't think we have the right people who are skilled enough to take us forward. All the old bullshit has come back to haunt us. We need fresh faces, who are qualified and willing to put their personal agendas aside for the betterment of the club. I also don't think our CEO is cut out to be a Bulldogs CEO.

The funny thing is, even though I supported the current regime for the first 24 months, I actually voted Dib and his ticket at the 2018 AGM.
My train of thought was this: Dib made mistakes, yes, but thought we needed him as a strong personality with pulling power, and as the saying goes.."Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know"

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seriously though if the current board came and got rid of Pay and his coaching staff then most of the issues supporters have would be gone wouldn’t they?

They have always said 2021 is when we have the warchest so to me if they spend it wisely then I don’t have too much of an issue with the Board.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a voting member too and this current board is going to have to pull a gigantic sized rabbit out of their hat for me to even think about voting for them.

They have dined out on the mistakes of the past for far too long and look scared to make their own decisions.
When are the next elections?

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I must admit I too believed the current board needed time and I was a strong supporter of Lyn and co, but that was last year and the year before.

This year I have changed my view as I don't think we have the right people who are skilled enough to take us forward. All the old bullshit has come back to haunt us. We need fresh faces, who are qualified and willing to put their personal agendas aside for the betterment of the club. I also don't think our CEO is cut out to be a Bulldogs CEO.

The funny thing is, even though I supported the current regime for the first 24 months, I actually voted Dib and his ticket at the 2018 AGM.
My train of thought was this: Dib made mistakes, yes, but thought we needed him as a strong personality with pulling power, and as the saying goes.."Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know"
He was reckless, a bit delusional tbh. The club was more "Bulldogs" then than now though.

Whats the criteria to be a voting member? Can't find anything on google.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

that's exactly my point

are you trying to ram it down it my throat about being member? no....

Im glad you have seen the cracks in the current admin, what was stated and advertised has not been met.

other than that unfortunately other members cant see the forest from the trees

they get suckered in from the by-line and still defend them

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was reckless, a bit delusional tbh. The club was more "Bulldogs" then than now though.

Dib made some good decisions and bad decisions. He ended up paying the price for his bad decisions but at least he was decisive and backed himself unlike this current board who seem happy to sit back and wait far too long to make the big calls.

To become a voting member you need a form from them club then get two current members to endorse your membership. Unfortunately you'll have to wait 3 years until you can vote as its a bylaw of the club.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

That's the thing, we all wanted better than what we had because of the mistakes he made, but we ended up going backwards even more. Oh, hindsight is a beautiful thing isn't it?

To be a voting member you need to fill out the membership form that you can get from the club. You'll need two references from two current voting members. You'll become a member but you cannot vote for the first two years of your membership.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
that's exactly my point

are you trying to ram it down it my throat about being member? no....

Im glad you have seen the cracks in the current admin, what was stated and advertised has not been met.

other than that unfortunately other members cant see the forest from the trees

they get suckered in from the by-line and still defend them
Mate it all boils down to this: What happens on the field is what influences my decision on voting.