Official Round 7 - Bulldogs vs Tigers - Discussion Thread

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dib made some good decisions and bad decisions. He ended up paying the price for his bad decisions but at least he was decisive and backed himself unlike this current board who seem happy to sit back and wait far too long to make the big calls.

To become a voting member you need a form from them club then get two current members to endorse your membership. Unfortunately you'll have to wait 3 years until you can vote as its a bylaw of the club.
Oh, is it three years now. I thought it was two

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's really not sinking in is it mate. Willie Talau wanted to coach the fleg team, the club said no, so he pulled his kid Tommy. End of story. It's really wuite simple. Willie is the one who should have been loyal, not Tommy. The Bulldogs paid home well for many years and gave contracts to his kids as well.
If allowing someone to coach a Flegg team keeps a junior so be it. They have so many coaches anyway. You actually think the current board is doing well? It’s been horrible!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If allowing someone to coach a Flegg team keeps a junior so be it. They have so many coaches anyway. You actually think the current board is doing well? It’s been horrible!
What an absolute load of shit. So you just give someone whatever they want so they don't hold you over a barrel and take their kid to another team? If that kid is Thurston 2.0, maybe, just maybe. But otherwise that is terrible management!!! In any case, Talau only scored 3 reasonably easy tries against the last placed team, he hardly announced himself as a future superstar. He didn't plan 2 defenders off, step around another, chip and chase and score in the corner. He dived over in the corner when the tigers had an overall. This is basic wing play these days.

I'm don't arguing this point with you. Your entitled to your opinion, even if it's wrong.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have also heard that Willie used his boys as blackmail, "if you don't sign me I'll go elsewhere and take the boys with me".

Go Dogs
That's exactly what happened if you believe the reports. As I said, club first, team second, player last. Not sure where that leaves the coach, but no club should be held to ransom.
Wasn't Tommy also wanting to play 5/8??

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sorry, have you not seen some of the voting members on this site?

They love to spruik and toe the party line.. they believe the current board should be given more time :unamused:

They constantly love to remind other posters they are voting members to belittle them also

To me, they are the problem, they see it as status symbol and badge of honor

I swear it's like they get an erection as soon as they start typing V O T....
D73C9CD0-0BCE-4DEF-9FB4-07A71C0DB097.jpeg
the party line? :-).

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hi Mate, I'm a voting member of the football club since 2008.

I must admit I too believed the current board needed time and I was a strong supporter of Lyn and co, but that was last year and the year before.

This year I have changed my view as I don't think we have the right people who are skilled enough to take us forward. All the old bullshit has come back to haunt us. We need fresh faces, who are qualified and willing to put their personal agendas aside for the betterment of the club. I also don't think our CEO is cut out to be a Bulldogs CEO.

The funny thing is, even though I supported the current regime for the first 24 months, I actually voted Dib and his ticket at the 2018 AGM.
My train of thought was this: Dib made mistakes, yes, but thought we needed him as a strong personality with pulling power, and as the saying goes.."Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know"
agree. i remember me and mr I say better the devil you know... we were both shot down lol.