Round 4 Bulldogs V Souths - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me, the first turning point was those two unnecessary bunker calls in quick succession. Gave the tiring defence ample time to rest up.

Especially the second one... like seriously the first replay showed the knock on, no need for the other 6 replays

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sheesh Doggies couldn’t score in a brothel! As I said last week..it’s field goal time!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I couldn't help but be pissed off when the ref kept calling "release, release" the minute we touched the Souths players, yet allowed them to lie all over ours when we were on their line.

Last edited:

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can we just fire some players without paying them out now? Surely people need to go with this crap...

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
No how dare you suggest south's playe dirty to hurt a helpless player, next your gonna say walker dropped an elbow on meaney in a tackle, for shame tek tek tek hang your head in shame bro.
Luckily, there will no penalty for Walker.

Number13

Management
Reaction score
Fair dinkum. Now Fox is offering Barrett tips to improve their attack.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just listening to Ennis on Fox - he has summed it up, saying we just run one out with forwards, then give it to the halves on the fifth, when the opposition has jammed up, and surrounded them.

Reactions: GDR

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In short.. the panel said..

Block plays are disgusting..
Forward at first receiver always
Halves get the ball to deep
Structures look practiced
Structures have not changed since Des..

Recommend : no more block plays and to play flat and fast..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just listening to Ennis on Fox - he has summed it up, saying we just run one out with forwards, then give it to the halves on the fifth, when the opposition has jammed up, and surrounded them.
But if the Panthers are our blueprint are they not doing the same? If so, we don't have the players to play this way? We only have a few good players in the roster. I'm sure the problem is in the lead up somewhere, why do we have little to no time after recieving the ball when it's flipped for the opposition (and the best teams in the competition). Cleary has all day to ball play at the Panthers. I see Yeo and JFH being first receiver all the time.

Reactions: ATT

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s a tough one to be honest

We lost our 6 minutes in

Rookie on debut playing massive mins at hooker when he’s come up playing backdow

Not to mention every call going bunnies way 5050

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me, the first turning point was those two unnecessary bunker calls in quick succession. Gave the tiring defence ample time to rest up.

Especially the second one... like seriously the first replay showed the knock on, no need for the other 6 replays
We get dudded on a lot of these calls and I seriously think that as long as there are Sutton’s as referees this will continue! I notice some 50/50 calls don’t get replayed and part of me thinks that it’s a ref error and they have just by passed it

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
But if the Panthers are our blueprint are they not doing the same? If so, we don't have the players to play this way? We only have a few good players in the roster. I'm sure the problem is in the lead up somewhere, why do we have little to no time after recieving the ball when it's flipped for the opposition (and the best teams in the competition). Cleary has all day to ball play at the Panthers. I see Yeo and JFH being first receiver all the time.
It works with a quality side; and in the days of the Dogs of War, it worked well for us. But we don't have those types of players now, so the attack has to change with the circumstances.