Official Round 3 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Considering no one is allowed inside Belmore besides the inner sanctum of the club one could say your points are unseen assumptions too......
Well of course someone who’s negative on everything the club does is going to say that. I prefer the benefit of the doubt and trust that the inmates are not running the asylum. But to each their own.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well of course someone who’s negative on everything the club does is going to say that. I prefer the benefit of the doubt and trust that the inmates are not running the asylum. But to each their own.
It seems you always work in absolutes at the minute. It's either positive or negative I don't see things like that but as you say each to their own.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It seems you always work in absolutes at the minute. It's either positive or negative I don't see things like that but as you say each to their own.
OK. But you have noticeably growing form of shit-canning the club, whether it’s the coach or false recruitment calls. I’m not totally pro everything they do at all - but nor do I believe there’s no strategy or leadership just because they’ve elected to keep the curtain closed until they’re ready. Agree to disagree.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I seem to be for ever defending Lewis which is not actually the case but here I go again - I don't think Lewis was Hooked in the sense he was removed for poor play. I feel Pay realized the game was done and thought it a good opportunity to give Wakeham some game time. There is no doubt he is our future but I think they want to ease him in. He is a little injury prone and no that big either (Preston Campbell like). Wakeham will be our regular 7 at some point. Lewis has skills that can be useful but he is not a true 7. lastly I will also say I have seen flair from Wakeham but not much else. Other than foran you could make a case at this stage for Lewis, Cogger or Wakeham to play in the halves Maybe even Averillo
Didn't Lewis get hooked after throwing a shocking cut out pass that Crichton knocked on straight off the kick off after we got back to 22-12 after halftime? I didn't watch a reply and could be wrong though.

I'm not a fan of Lewis but I just hope what ever half is in the best form partners Foran when he returns and any talk of a rotation is put to bed.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK. But you have noticeably growing form of shit-canning the club, whether it’s the coach or false recruitment calls. I’m not totally pro everything they do at all - but nor do I believe there’s no strategy or leadership just because they’ve elected to keep the curtain closed until they’re ready. Agree to disagree.
I don't under stand why it is such a concern of yours what I have a opinion on. If you don't agree with a point I make fine debate the point but all this negative and positive bullshit is tiresome.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If you're not supporting and defending every decision the club and coach make, then you're deemed to not be a true fan. You're labelled as someone who has an agenda against the board...There's almost no room for context, opinions or middle ground.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wakeham had a shocker that game aswell could of flipped a coin on who to hook imo, improved once Averillo came on though. I think they were playing very restricted most of the Cows game, went out the window at the back end though..

Think the guys who finished in the halves should be there moving forward though.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I just hope what ever half is in the best form partners Foran when he returns and any talk of a rotation is put to bed.
Surely there would be no doubt that Pay would’ve played Foran if cleared for this week. There could be no other outcome than playing your most experienced and highest paid player as soon as you can.

The only ‘rotation’ consideration would be Cogger and he must’ve earned a call up for some reason rather than just testing combinations when wins are clearly needed.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If you're not supporting and defending every decision the club and coach make, then you're deemed to not be a true fan. You're labelled as someone who has an agenda against the board...There's almost no room for context, opinions or middle ground.
Nah mate, I don’t agree. Questions should be asked. But there’s a noticeable difference between questioning and blatant shit-canning and the latter is far and away what happens most around here.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't under stand why it is such a concern of yours what I have a opinion on. If you don't agree with a point I make fine debate the point but all this negative and positive bullshit is tiresome.
Tiresome because it’s true maybe.
We can leave it there. Cheers.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wakeham had a shocker that game aswell could of flipped a coin on who to hook imo, improved once Averillo came on though. I think they were playing very restricted most of the Cows game, went out the window at the back end though..

Think the guys who finished in the halves should be there moving forward though.
He had a shocker because he was playing second fiddle to Lewis. Once Lewis got hooked, Wakeham moved to 7 and played his natural game leading the team around, which is why he looked much better.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep optimistic of a low scoring win
12-8 Dogs..

Our Attack struggles but Defence is good..
Tolman is a big loss in defense, does a lot of the dirty work which often goes unnoticed.
We look vulnerable thru the middle imo.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah mate, I don’t agree. Questions should be asked. But there’s a noticeable difference between questioning and blatant shit-canning and the latter is far and away what happens most around here.
There is a difference but there's only a small percentage that legitimately whinge or criticise everything without logic or reason. Plenty of others who aren't anywhere near as critical get lumped in with them the minute they express a certain opinion.

Plenty of Pay supporters add fuel to the flames by overreacting, getting emotional and overly sensitive just as much as the so called whingers who bag Pay and the club do. But no one wants to acknowledge that.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you think it’s all as simple as that? There’s always a lot more to these selections than the average punter will know so I’ll back those inside the tents judgement.

In that game where Lewis was hooked, and deservedly so, Wakeham wasn’t any better and I’m pretty sure turned over the ball more times than Lewis did. Naturally the coach is gonna hold the senior man accountable hence Lewis was hooked. But if we’re gonna be fair dinkum - Wakeham was pretty ordinary in the first 2 games and is far from a walk up starter, especially with Foran due back and Cogger training the house down.

The second consideration which I don’t think anyone in this thread has mentioned was the potential implications of the 6 week training layoff between late March and early May, where players were forced into being more accountable for their fitness and conditioning. We’ve seen Wakeham and Tolman demoted without report of injury. Who’s to say that this wasn’t a result of them reporting back to full time training with substandard fitness/body composition levels? There’s been a couple of reports in here recently that Wakeham loves a drink and isn’t the greatest trainer. Did the lack of routine get the better of him recently?

Point is - there’s always more to a story or situation regarding what may appear to be mystifying selections to the average punter. I’ll back the judgement of the staff who actually have a clue of what’s going on.
I don't believe they do have a "clue" tbh.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How many do we have to pick from now ? 24/25 ?
23 if you count Foran as unavailable.

If Foran and Chris Smith get back to fitness in the next couple of weeks we will have 25 for the bulk for the year with only Montoya a chance of coming back.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The good news is we get to lose our minds over selections at least 2 more times before the game even starts. The updated 19-man line-up is announced 24 hours before the game and the final 17-man side an hour before kick-off. So pace yourselves, best to save some outrage for then.

Go Dogs

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He had a shocker because he was playing second fiddle to Lewis. Once Lewis got hooked, Wakeham moved to 7 and played his natural game leading the team around, which is why he looked much better.
Most possible yep. Or for argument sake Lewis had a shocker because he was playing with Wakeham, Lewis is well with Foran, they all would tbh?

In saying this like ive said before, I "think" Wakeham and Averillo are the future.

Lewis probably wont be around after this contract, and probably gone before it ends. I don't mind him just not working out in the halves. I also don't think lock would suit him a this stage.