Official Round 3 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s still mystifying to me that you and the other sooks can’t fathom that we’re still struggling considering those in charge made it very clear that 2018-2020 would be an uphill battle on every front from the financials to the on-field results. It wasn’t what any fan would like to hear but that’s the reality. In my opinion they have so far underpromised and overdelivered as a unit. And that’s why the sackings that knucklehead fans have been crying for over the past 18 months are ludicrous and don’t eventuate.

Again, very brave offer hero but I’ll politely decline. If you’re not a coward then you’ll accept my very fair offer. Be a man of your convictions. Don’t be like your mate who could’ve cashed in on a bet with bazildog but was too gutless.
To be fair I think that most supporters are frustrated in general,
I know the board gave us a time frame regarding salary cap & recruitment
but doesn’t make it any easier to sit through yesterday’s performance.
It’s been a long 3 year crusade.
The errors were quite embarrassing and disappointing to be honest even for reserve grade standard.
Young Avv was the only positive thing all afternoon.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
To be fair I think that most supporters are frustrated in general,
I know the board gave us a time frame regarding salary cap & recruitment
but doesn’t make it any easier to sit through yesterday’s performance.
It’s been a long 3 year crusade.
The errors were quite embarrassing and disappointing to be honest even for reserve grade standard.
Young Avv was the only positive thing all afternoon.
Mate I’m as frustrated as any but I understand the barriers we’ve faced and extreme lack of firepower amongst our roster. Throw in that your marquee man representing 20% of your cap space spends more than half of those 3 years on the sidelines and it’s a massive assignment. All things considered, a win rate of 35-40% as it currently stands for the past 2.5 years is better than par for the course.

2021 is a different proposition. No excuses not to see significant improvement from what we expect to be a stronger squad. If expectations are not met then questions can duly be asked of coach and management.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate I’m as frustrated as any but I understand the barriers we’ve faced and extreme lack of firepower amongst our roster. Throw in that your marquee man representing 20% of your cap space spends more than half of those 3 years on the sidelines and it’s a massive assignment. All things considered, a win rate of 35-40% as it currently stands for the past 2.5 years is better than par for the course.

2021 is a different proposition. No excuses not to see significant improvement from what we expect to be a stronger squad. If expectations are not met then questions can duly be asked of coach and management.
I agree that the board always said 2021 would be the year things get better.
The boys played really well against Parra and were very competitive unlike
our last 2 games in particular yesterday afternoon.
I’m not sure why the decline and our errors have escalated.
Let’s hope for a better showing this weekend because the pressure is building for all concerned.