Official Round 3 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Unfortunately this weekends games really showed us up. I didn't see the Titans game but in every other game all the teams came bouncing out of the blocks and played fast open attacking footy, but we were way off the pace and again our attack had absolutely nothing to offer. Big decisions need to be made in regards to recruitment and retention and we really can't afford to get it wrong

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve said for years Tolman is a stat paddler
He’s all about hit ups and metres
Willie Mason “no disrespect to Aiden, but I was 35 and I’d still dust him up.” On his thoughts of Aiden Tolman. LOLLL

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The peace pipe is always close by mate.
Yes, tonight was terrible. That’s what happens when a reserve grade side plays first grade and that’s been our problem for well documented reasons. I don’t think the coaching is the only issue and I’ve never diverted from the message yet somehow I’m seen as a Pay and Board loyalist. I’m loyal to the club and the pragmatic approach that had to be taken to get us back to where we belong. We are obviously not there yet and it’s painful to watch. By all means sack Pay and replace him with whoever - until the squad is overhauled very little will change. That’s my view, but one that’s not very popular in these parts. Cheers.
A reserve grade side would beat us because we are poorly coached

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately this weekends games really showed us up. I didn't see the Titans game but in every other game all the teams came bouncing out of the blocks and played fast open attacking footy, but we were way off the pace and again our attack had absolutely nothing to offer. Big decisions need to be made in regards to recruitment and retention and we really can't afford to get it wrong
Watched just about all the games. Id say the 2 worst performance this weekend would be saints and dogs. Titans actually were ok in first 20 30 mins. They looked like they were going to give cowboys a run.
We were never in it. Not wrong there mate we offered nothing.
I understand we are rebuilding but in 3rd year of rebuilding, youd expect to see more than what we saw last night.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll say it one more time and be ready to be howled down :-). Let’s see what happens when the transfer window closes. The squad is clearly down on confidence too which makes it worse. The best we can do for the remainder of 2020 is to give minutes to the young fellas so they are in better shape for 2021. Can’t see Cogger being renewed after tonight and when Foz is fit he’ll replace Lewis. But the halves aren’t our only problem and that’s largely been my point - there’s no panacea...
Whats a panacea, I only went to 4th form?

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis and Cogger are dead set the worst halves I’ve ever seen in dogs colours. Lewis has to go he offers fuck all. Glad he didn’t grab the ball for that try the c*** don’t deserve anything
Would have dropped it if he tried

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
well done, you should also have had Lewis as 1st try scorer to complete the moronic bet...
Well done on giving out advice after the events completed El Hindsight.

Fancy a wager on the Dragons game mate? Or would that put next weeks rent payments under a bit of stress

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well done on giving out advice after the events completed El Hindsight.

Fancy a wager on the Dragons game mate? Or would that put next weeks rent payments under a bit of stress
I dont need hindsight to tell me that you are a moron.

but keep throwing your money away so i can keep laughing at you

fancy a wager?

how about we put a wager on that - we will lose more games than we win for the year?

say $50.... I'm making it affordable for you

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont need hindsight to tell me that you are a moron.

but keep throwing your money away so i can keep laughing at you

fancy a wager?

how about we put a wager on that - we will lose more games than we win for the year?

say $50.... I'm making it affordable for you
Wow that’s really courageous of you considering we’re 0-3

Let’s start with the Dragons game. The market can’t split em atm so it’s a fair bet. I know you don’t like entering into battle on a level playing field but give it a try with this one. Name your price

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that’s really courageous of you considering we’re 0-3

Let’s start with the Dragons game. The market can’t split em atm so it’s a fair bet. I know you don’t like entering into battle on a level playing field but give it a try with this one. Name your price
that's exactly my point, you come on here and bad mouth those who dont agree with the current board /coach regime.

where are your balls to back yourself?

like I said $50 for more losses than wins for the year

#DISCLAIMER bet with your head not over it

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
that's exactly my point, you come on here and bad mouth those who dont agree with the current board /coach regime.

where are your balls to back yourself?

like I said $50 for more losses than wins for the year

#DISCLAIMER bet with your head not over it
Okay well that confirms that comprehension isn’t your forte either.

My defence of coach and board has always been that they’re currently represented by a lacklustre playing group and unfavourable cap position. That obviously means that my belief is we aren’t going to win a stack of games.

Now are you gonna accept my bet or just continue to dance around it with cowardly alternatives?

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay well that confirms that comprehension isn’t your forte either.

My defence of coach and board has always been that they’re currently represented by a lacklustre playing group and unfavourable cap position. That obviously means that my belief is we aren’t going to win a stack of games.

Now are you gonna accept my bet or just continue to dance around it with cowardly alternatives?
typical cheerleader's response

if he is such a great coach, tell me one player that has improved under Pay's tutelage since becoming head coach 2 years ago?

-there is no strategy in the gameplan.
-refuses to drop underperforming players
-plays players out of position etc...

to say we got dud players is one thing, but he cant even you unite the team to play in cohesion... I fear what he will do once we do get elite players. he is not the coach to take us forward

as for our wager, I've already set the terms, if you dont like it then shove it up your ass

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

if he is such a great coach, tell me one player that has improved under Pay's tutelage since becoming head coach 2 years ago?

to say we got dud players is one thing, but he cant even you unite the team to play in cohesion... I fear what he will do once we do get elite players. he is not the coach to take us forward

as for our wager, I've already set the terms, if you dont like it then shove it up your ass
Bro don’t bother with horse, he’s 1 out of about 3 people on here who support that imposter

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

It’s still mystifying to me that you and the other sooks can’t fathom that we’re still struggling considering those in charge made it very clear that 2018-2020 would be an uphill battle on every front from the financials to the on-field results. It wasn’t what any fan would like to hear but that’s the reality. In my opinion they have so far underpromised and overdelivered as a unit. And that’s why the sackings that knucklehead fans have been crying for over the past 18 months are ludicrous and don’t eventuate.

Again, very brave offer hero but I’ll politely decline. If you’re not a coward then you’ll accept my very fair offer. Be a man of your convictions. Don’t be like your mate who could’ve cashed in on a bet with bazildog but was too gutless.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s still mystifying to me that you and the other sooks can’t fathom that we’re still struggling considering those in charge made it very clear that 2018-2020 would be an uphill battle on every front from the financials to the on-field results. It wasn’t what any fan would like to hear but that’s the reality. In my opinion they have so far underpromised and overdelivered as a unit. And that’s why the sackings that knucklehead fans have been crying for over the past 18 months are ludicrous and don’t eventuate.

Again, very brave offer hero but I’ll politely decline. If you’re not a coward then you’ll accept my very fair offer. Be a man of your convictions. Don’t be like your mate who could’ve cashed in on a bet with bazildog but was too gutless.
We are not signing anyone with that imposter... who wants to play for him, nothing against him, but can’t coach for shit, get it through your thick head mate