Official Round 3 - Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles - Discussion Thread

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I thought you would be ready to hold hands and sing cummbya after the fucking hiding we got tonight
The peace pipe is always close by mate.
Yes, tonight was terrible. That’s what happens when a reserve grade side plays first grade and that’s been our problem for well documented reasons. I don’t think the coaching is the only issue and I’ve never diverted from the message yet somehow I’m seen as a Pay and Board loyalist. I’m loyal to the club and the pragmatic approach that had to be taken to get us back to where we belong. We are obviously not there yet and it’s painful to watch. By all means sack Pay and replace him with whoever - until the squad is overhauled very little will change. That’s my view, but one that’s not very popular in these parts. Cheers.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We are categoricly a descrace, i can't ever recall us being so completly uncompetitive.

Project Pay must end, he has had more than enough time to demonstrate he is not an NRL coach 3 times over.

The team is actually getting worse under Pay, what is the Club waiting for?
Seems like
That’s what happens when you don’t listen to the coach and you do your own thing like score a try. Ruined our doughnut :p
Shades of Des and his disgust at Cook scoring tries.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes, tonight was terrible. That’s what happens when a reserve grade side plays first grade and that’s been our problem for well documented reasons. I don’t think the coaching is the only issue and I’ve never diverted from the message yet somehow I’m seen as a Pay and Board loyalist. I’m loyal to the club and the pragmatic approach that had to be taken to get us back to where we belong. We are obviously not there yet and it’s painful to watch. By all means sack Pay and replace him with whoever - until the squad is overhauled very little will change. That’s my view, but one that’s not very popular in these parts. Cheers.
I agree that coaching is not the only issue but it is a key contributing factor to the performance we turned in tonight. No one will dispute pay was handed a shit sandwich when he took the job on. The problem is the team has regressed in his tenure and is getting worse week to week. I hope for all our sake’s that things improve soon but it’s pretty hard to see at the moment.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree that coaching is not the only issue but it is a key contributing factor to the performance we turned in tonight. No one will dispute pay was handed a shit sandwich when he took the job on. The problem is the team has regressed in his tenure and is getting worse week to week. I hope for all our sake’s that things improve soon but it’s pretty hard to see at the moment.
He doesn’t have a rockstar roster but he does himself no favours with his bizarre game plans, puzzling selections and defensive pattern which hasn’t worked in 3 years which Turbo ruthlessly exploited again tonight

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not happy with the performance but at the same time I'm not unhappy.

we fought them in the first half and were only 14-0 down!

it opened up a bit in the backend which I didn't like as it was a lack of fight and we stil can't score points. There's no backup to our forwards who get an arm free. It's been the same thing for 4 years now except briefly with DWZ last year. It needs to change because there was a couple of times a Silva or Barba could have sliced through from an offload there.

above all about the result I expected but at half time I had high hopes of a score like 20-6 Manlys way which would have been nice.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’ll say it one more time and be ready to be howled down :-). Let’s see what happens when the transfer window closes. The squad is clearly down on confidence too which makes it worse. The best we can do for the remainder of 2020 is to give minutes to the young fellas so they are in better shape for 2021. Can’t see Cogger being renewed after tonight and when Foz is fit he’ll replace Lewis. But the halves aren’t our only problem and that’s largely been my point - there’s no panacea...

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm not happy with the performance but at the same time I'm not unhappy.

we fought them in the first half and were only 14-0 down!

it opened up a bit in the backend which I didn't like as it was a lack of fight and we stil can't score points. There's no backup to our forwards who get an arm free. It's been the same thing for 4 years now except briefly with DWZ last year. It needs to change because there was a couple of times a Silva or Barba could have sliced through from an offload there.

above all about the result I expected but at half time I had high hopes of a score like 20-6 Manlys way which would have been nice.
If Manlys kicker brought his boots and they didn’t bomb two tries it’s easily a 50 point score line

So we were only down 14-0 ‘ line is akin to polishing a turd

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don’t think he would’ve played tonight had Foz been available.

And yes, very disappointing.
We’re a reserve grade side.
With reserve grade coaching.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ll say it one more time and be ready to be howled down :-). Let’s see what happens when the transfer window closes. The squad is clearly down on confidence too which makes it worse. The best we can do for the remainder of 2020 is to give minutes to the young fellas so they are in better shape for 2021. Can’t see Cogger being renewed after tonight and when Foz is fit he’ll replace Lewis. But the halves aren’t our only problem and that’s largely been my point - there’s no panacea...
I do understand what you are saying about the roster mate but what we seen tonight was a reflection of poor coaching not a poor roster, that team has no discipline, no direction and a distinct lack of fundamental rugby leauge skills and that’s a reflection of the coach and the way they train for mine

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He doesn’t have a rockstar roster but he does himself no favours with his bizarre game plans, puzzling selections and defensive pattern which hasn’t worked in 3 years which Turbo ruthlessly exploited again tonight
Spot on mate

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So should we still blame Hasler even though the current mob have plenty to answer for?

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice tonight, the players heads go down, standing motionless everytime Lewis got the ball?

Whenever Foran, Wakeham and Cogger (to a certain extent) receive the ball, there is always some movement, talk and all in all players listening to the halves?

It seems to me no **** wants to listen to Lewis and be directed by him?!

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
out of curiosity is English your first language player?
There always some mother teresa grammar wanker.

Tell your South Sydney story walking and leave us Bulldogs to have a moan in peace about the worst state our team has been in for more than 50 years.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
he signed cogger, meaney, chriton, Stimson, Napa etc
He also renewed Jackson on ridiculous money, hoppa, reimis smith, and now jmk.

no one will come to play here unless they are paid significant overs or we get a new coach

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We are categoricly a descrace, i can't ever recall us being so completly uncompetitive.

Project Pay must end, he has had more than enough time to demonstrate he is not an NRL coach 3 times over.

The team is actually getting worse under Pay, what is the Club waiting for?
No mate, his name wasn’t Des Crace, it was Des Hasler and he doesn’t coach us anymore...

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

no one will come to play here unless they are paid significant overs or we get a new coach
Pay AND the current Board VIA the Retention Committee members are responsible for those signings...that even the main excusers on here are now admitting are reservegraders. Time to own this woeful hole we've got ourselves in.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Pay AND the current Board VIA the Retention Committee members are responsible for those signings...that even the main excusers on here are now admitting are reservegraders. Time to own this woeful hole we've got ourselves in.
And make meaningful and professional steps to rectifying the mess thats been allowed to roll along directionless for years...starting tomorrow morning!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he loved the club he played for hed hand In his resignation first thing tomorrow morning