Round 25 - Dogs vs Knights - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Teams and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I cannot understand some of the comments and game analysis from this place, it's as if they just saw the halftime score, and then looked at the final score and just created a story for the whole match. I don't care about how we won, we won against the Knights , theses ****ers always seem to bring the intensity out for us.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Rod - you know you used the word 'almost' right? In other words we didn't beat them. Just like we 'almost' won the comp last year but didn't. We were rubbish tonight. The Knights will finish this season in 14th or worse and we should at this stage of the season be nailing teams like this one by 13+. Did you watch the Roosters and Broncos this week? That's premiership winning footy form. They would have turned us into jailhouse wh*res had they played us tonight instead of Newcastle. Newcastle should have scored in the 73rd minute to win, they should also have had a penalty for a blatant 2 on 1 strip with less than 1 minute to go. The fact that Mamo was a metre offside on the chip play prior just means the refs are abjectly useless and made two glaring errors in the last minute of the game. Thank God for Uate as well. poor b*stard handed us the game with that knock on from the drop out.
It was 2 points and that is the only positive out of it.
I think we would beat Roosters or Broncos if we played them next week. We are a forward dominated team and we don't always play at full speed. We control the pace and tonight we could have gone to another gear if we had to. The Roosters choke the shit teams and go hard against them regardless. I don't think that means we are not as good. As I said, I think we can increase our intensity if need be and knock off any team in the comp. We showd that last week. We will step up in the finals. Tonight we played against an emotionally driven team and came away with a tough win.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What's having played footy got anything to do with it. There are outstanding judges of a game of footy who have never laced on a boot. Could just as easily say that you refuse to analyse the game objectively as you can't get the blue and white glasses off long enough. The stats tell the story, we weren't great, neither were Newcastle which is why they are running 14th. We on the other hand are expecting to beat the Roosters, Cows, Broncs and Sharks in the next 5 weeks. I'm thrilled we won! We were bloody lucky, but I'm stoked. On to next week.
Really... I played for years and went into many games even grand finals as raging favourites and guess what we lost.. Any team on there day can perform and only people who have played the game and at a reasonable level would appreciate that

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Really... I played for years and went into many games even grand finals as raging favourites and guess what we lost.. Any team on there day can perform and only people who have played the game and at a reasonable level would appreciate that
You played excellent tonight Cook :grinning:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep, I remember playing against sides in the finals who we beat easily during the regular season who just turned up on the day and dominated us.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

you can have all my curries if you want.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can someone post a still frame of our last or second last tackle when we had a set down their end with 4 or 5 mins to go? They were at least 4 or 5 metres offside trying to sprint up.
Gee mate don't worry about that set, they were doing it all night and with impunity.

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
That Ross **** is a ****ing dog. Play the game properly you ****ing idiot it's your 5th game he will be out of the league very soon

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Wow , heart in your mouth stuff . Not our best effort tonight but it now makes 4 wins in a row for the first time this year . Shattered for Hodko hopefully he will be back soon . Re enter Josh Reynolds and a flood of negative posts from you know who

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bullshit.
Just absolute bullshit.
Any decent judge of the game can understand that there is a minimal amount that separates teams and that invariably the 1%'ers make the difference. Are you trying to suggest that someone like me, who watches between 4 and 6 games of league a week and has done so for more than 30 years can't recognise the fact that anyone can beat anyone on any given day. I'm in finance, you obviously are a footy hero, in the finance game we play the odds - funnily enough, so do Sportsbet which is why they are a multi million dollar organisation. If the favourites won every week, they would be bust. I have watched hardcore favourites absolutely lose games on the back of opposition emotion, situations like Robbie Farah this week just gone - no one knows what the Tigers are going to do this week. He could just as easily play his worst game of the season as be MOTM.
I don't mind opinions, but sweeping generalisations just make you look stupid. I know footy mate. I'm not dumb enough to have played the game beyond kids level, but that's just my sweeping generalised opinion.
Wow.. Not dumb enough to have played beyond junior level, like your heroes you post about.. Or just too scared!! Put down the calculator mate..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bullshit.
Just absolute bullshit.
Any decent judge of the game can understand that there is a minimal amount that separates teams and that invariably the 1%'ers make the difference. Are you trying to suggest that someone like me, who watches between 4 and 6 games of league a week and has done so for more than 30 years can't recognise the fact that anyone can beat anyone on any given day. I'm in finance, you obviously are a footy hero, in the finance game we play the odds - funnily enough, so do Sportsbet which is why they are a multi million dollar organisation. If the favourites won every week, they would be bust. I have watched hardcore favourites absolutely lose games on the back of opposition emotion, situations like Robbie Farah this week just gone - no one knows what the Tigers are going to do this week. He could just as easily play his worst game of the season as be MOTM.
I don't mind opinions, but sweeping generalisations just make you look stupid. I know footy mate. I'm not dumb enough to have played the game beyond kids level, but that's just my sweeping generalised opinion.
Hahsha totally agree with this "you have to have played the game to understand the game".

Bullshit. It isn't f##king rocket science haha.

TopDog91

Waterboy
Reaction score
Wow did anyone see des's press conference? He's gonna issue Todd Greenberg with a breach notice hahaha.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lol des "i didnt know the rule had gone back to 5metres"

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched some of the videos and saw some social media pictures, seriously where is Trex? Is he really not even showing up anymore because it starting to become more and more evidemment

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People also need to stop complaining about the refs. Every week we complain about getting destroyed by them, guess what it's not going to change i doubt any of the refs or the ref committee would ever bother looking into the Kennel for advice on how to ref. The fact we face a uphill battle before the ball is even kicked means we just have play a thousand times better than them. Who gives a sh!t if it isn't fair, i didn't think the refs were fair to us in 2004 either and we still won by being the best team.

I'm happy we won, but unless we step up it another few gears we won't provide much challenge to the Roosters or the Broncos in finals football.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Considering the amount of ball the Knights had, and that they enjoyed back-to-back sets camped on our line for a good part of the game. Considering that we lost one of our major play makers midway through the first half; and, considering that the Knights were masters at milking penalties on the back of a partisan crowd - I think we did pretty damn good tonight.

They threw everything at us, and we held out with great defence for 80 minutes. It was the best practice for the finals that we could have hoped for; and shows how resilient we are to the odds being heavily stacked against us.

The fact that we don't put all our hopes on one superstar bodes well when the going gets tough. Great win tonight.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
People also need to stop complaining about the refs. Every week we complain about getting destroyed by them, guess what it's not going to change i doubt any of the refs or the ref committee would ever bother looking into the Kennel for advice on how to ref. The fact we face a uphill battle before the ball is even kicked means we just have play a thousand times better than them. Who gives a sh!t if it isn't fair, i didn't think the refs were fair to us in 2004 either and we still won by being the best team.

I'm happy we won, but unless we step up it another few gears we won't provide much challenge to the Roosters or the Broncos in finals football.
I agree refereeing shouldn't be used as an excuse for a loss... But I think the redding is dodgy as ... Not just in dogs games. Following a win is the best time to complain about re refs I think. Good opportunity to speak a truth without looking like a sore loser.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fmd what a game. Lucky and scrappy win. But at least we got the two points that's the main thing fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.