Round 24 - Bulldogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Frawley is much better than JMK and works with Lewis far better than him. JMK should never have been in the halves but someone just had to rush him in.

Frawley manages take pressure off Lewis simply by being on the field because he's actually capable of doing some of the basics required by a half and that draws some attention of the defence. He's actually a running threat and can spot space unlike JMK, he also takes up different spaces on the park rather than parking himself in the same space all game. He's a better kicking option, better ball playing option, etc. He's better in every aspect of attack in comparison to JMK, no matter how poor some people think his overall game is.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Frawley is much better than JMK and works with Lewis far better than him. JMK should never have been in the halves but someone just had to rush him in.

Frawley manages take pressure off Lewis simply by being on the field because he's actually capable of doing some of the basics required by a half and that draws some attention of the defence. He's actually a running threat and can spot space unlike JMK, he also takes up different spaces on the park rather than parking himself in the same space all game. He's a better kicking option, better ball playing option, etc. He's better in every aspect of attack in comparison to JMK, no matter how poor some people think his overall game is.
Must be why Frawley is club less next year.....

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ill Save you the response ..... But Derp Pay ... yada yada yada..

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Beat me to it mate, don't know how some people can try and justify that Frawley isn't a better half than JMK.

Fortune has nothing to do with it, its no coincidence we look much more dangerous in attack with Frawley in there rather than JMK. No brainer really

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
JMK looks like good value and i'd probably have him ahead of Nu for the utility spot. Dunno if he could slot in at centre like Nu though.

A quote from earlier in the year, but yet you constantly bag the sh!t out of Pay for signing JMK ... If only Pay had the beauty of hindsight ......

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frawley manages take pressure off Lewis simply by being on the field because he's actually capable of doing some of the basics required by a half and that draws some attention of the defence. He's actually a running threat and can spot space unlike JMK, he also takes up different spaces on the park rather than parking himself in the same space all game. He's a better kicking option, better ball playing option, etc. He's better in every aspect of attack in comparison to JMK, no matter how poor some people think his overall game is
Yeah Frawley had a superb kicking game on the weekend. One badly placed bomb and one grubber that we lost metres on. I’m glad we had that ace kicking game out there!

Edit: Also those 2 kicks were his only kicks. Didn’t want to look like I was just picking his 2 bad ones. They were his only ones.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All I know is Frawley is shit but when partnered with Lewis we have a 100% win record and have scored 20 plus points both times against top 8 teams

Frawley did score a try v Broncos too

JMK suits the garbage minutes off the bench role

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Frawley had a superb kicking game on the weekend. One badly placed bomb and one grubber that we lost metres on. I’m glad we had that ace kicking game out there!

Edit: Also those 2 kicks were his only kicks. Didn’t want to look like I was just picking his 2 bad ones. They were his only ones.
Lol there is just no way JMK is better than Frawley in the halves, no way at all, yeah Frawley does some shit there but we're still a better team with Lewis/Frawley then Lewis/JMK by far

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
All I know is Frawley is shit but when partnered with Lewis we have a 100% win record and have scored 20 plus points both times against top 8 teams

Frawley did score a try v Broncos too

JMK suits the garbage minutes off the bench role
Mate I'm not saying JMK is a good half.. he is clearly not .. but people trying to say that Frawley did anything but mimic a statue in those games is just laughable .. I have seen Frawley play really well in ISP .. but it has not translated to 1st grade, bar a few games when he debuted

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol there is just no way JMK is better than Frawley in the halves, no way at all, yeah Frawley does some shit there but we're still a better team with Lewis/Frawley then Lewis/JMK by far
I disagree. Frawley defended well on the weekend but he did basically 0 half work and actually killed our attack a few times.

If Lewis is going to be stuck doing everything either way, put JMK in who is a better defender and has better support play until Foran comes back (who could potentially be worse than either JMK or Frawley).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Must be why Frawley is club less next year.....
Just because he's our best option now that doesn't mean he's our best option moving forward.

You claim there's no evidence of Frawley contributing to attack in those games with Frawley yet he scored a try in the Broncos game yet you conveniently left out.

Want some more stats to break things down?

JMK
21 games
1437 minutes
2 tries
4 try assist
10 total try involvements
1 line break
3 line break assists
23 tackle breaks
2 forced drop outs

FRAWLEY
11 games
880 minutes
3 tries
6 try assists
4 line breaks
4 line break assists
20 tackle breaks
4 forced drop outs

As you can see it isn't even close, Frawley is the winner despite you claiming there's no evidence. You can even go ahead and take away the games he started at hooker or off the bench, everything still falls ahead for Frawley. Frawley wins statistically and with the eye test.

A quote from earlier in the year, but yet you constantly bag the sh!t out of Pay for signing JMK ... If only Pay had the beauty of hindsight ......
Why are you so obsessed about Pay and constantly bring him up? Yes i said JMK is probably a better utility option, no where does that say i think we should start him as a fucking half. Not to mention that quote is taken our of context and is probably from during preseason where i was trying to back Pay's decisions and thought it was great that he was rewarding effort. Maybe i should dig up some of your quotes from when you were praising Frawley early on in his career? Pretty sure it was you so i might go and have a check to confirm.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

That's one game, and like i said "kicking option". He doesn't have to put in the kick but the opposition know he's a more likely option than JMK.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Beat me to it mate, don't know how some people can try and justify that Frawley isn't a better half than JMK.

Fortune has nothing to do with it, its no coincidence we look much more dangerous in attack with Frawley in there rather than JMK. No brainer really
Yh it's pretty straightforward, dunno why this even needs to be debated lol.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just because he's our best option now that doesn't mean he's our best option moving forward.

You claim there's no evidence of Frawley contributing to attack in those games with Frawley yet he scored a try in the Broncos game yet you conveniently left out.

Want some more stats to break things down?

JMK
21 games
1437 minutes
2 tries
4 try assist
1 line break
3 line break assists
23 tackle breaks
2 forced drop outs

FRAWLEY
11 games
880 minutes
3 tries
6 try assists
4 line breaks
4 line break assists
20 tackle breaks
4 forced drop outs

As you can see it isn't even close, Frawley is the winner despite you claiming there's no evidence. You can even go ahead and take away the games he started at hooker or off the bench, everything still falls ahead for Frawley. Frawley wins statistically and with the eye test.

Why are you so obsessed about Pay and constantly bring him up? Yes i said JMK is probably a better utility option, no where does that say i think we should start him as a fucking half. Not to mention that quote is taken our of context and is probably from during preseason where i was trying to back Pay's decisions and thought it was great that he was rewarding effort. Maybe i should dig up some of your quotes from when you were praising Frawley early on in his career? Pretty sure it was you so i might go and have a check to confirm.
I have no problem admitting fault , it is you that has the complex ... so please get you shovel out at start digging..

Yes I thought Frawley was a gooden when he came into grade .. I can now honestly say i massively jumped the gun ..

LOFL @ try involvement .. a made up stat when some throws a pass somewhere in that tackle LOL

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I agree! can't stand Frawley however, he is at least a better partner for Lewis than JMK is!! I would like JMK thrown in at the rake position so I will see the ass end of that useless prick Lichaaaaaaaaaa:rage::rage::rage:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have no problem admitting fault , it is you that has the complex ... so please get you shovel out at start digging..

Yes I thought Frawley was a gooden when he came into grade .. I can now honestly say i massively jumped the gun ..

LOFL @ try involvement .. a made up stat when some throws a pass somewhere in that tackle LOL
Yh go ahead and laugh because you think a try involvement is simply someone throwing a pass somewhere. Even if you want to act like it's a made up stat and remove it from the equation, Frawley still comes up trumps between the 2.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I disagree. Frawley defended well on the weekend but he did basically 0 half work and actually killed our attack a few times.

If Lewis is going to be stuck doing everything either way, put JMK in who is a better defender and has better support play until Foran comes back (who could potentially be worse than either JMK or Frawley).
Nah

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prefer Frawley to start over JMK, only because he seems to be more cohesive with Lewis and he can create a bit more than JMK. Still, Frawley has played very ordinary the last 2 games (our worst player last week), since that good game he had against Brisbane. It's more a matter of the least worst option than the best option though.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

At least frawley doesnt regularly kick out on the full

Status
Not open for further replies.