Official Round 23 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck I don't get Barrett. I thought Avo was injured firstly but why does BBO get dropped to the bench. He touched the ball on a handful of occassions and when he did either looked good or got a set restart.

I like him picking Topine over Katoa but believe he should be 14 and then BBO at 9 in this instance.
I don't mind seeing him off the bench for now, but he needs to play 50 plus minutes. He's too dangerous out of dummy half to only play 25 minutes in that role.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mind seeing him off the bench for now, but he needs to play 50 plus minutes. He's too dangerous out of dummy half to only play 25 minutes in that role.
Yup. Bring him on like we did with Thurston early on in his career. Blood him in and FFS don’t let him go

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topine jumps straight into the 9 and BBO to the bench for Flanagan I’ve seen it all
I think that has less to do with Flanagan's ability and more to do with our lack of depth at 9.... Topine is not an out and out 9 and BBO has proven to be a good impact 9 off the bench.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You're right, it is unpopular. Flanagan has nothing.
Well, we’ll see how your boy Avo goes if he’s given time to run and doesn’t have to make all of “these decisions” you think he’s incapable of making.

Like I said, I’m not the biggest Flanno fan but obviously Gus has his fingerprints on this and wants to see some combos before the year ends.