Official Round 23 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only caught the last 20 minutes but how did Flanagan go?
He looked 100% a reserve grader with what I saw.
We seem on paper to be better and more competitive since we have received 2x raiders discards who can’t make their starting side. They were both good last week and there stats looked strong last night.

Mr T

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He also had an assist for Meaney's try. Allan should have scored from his kick as well.

Lewis isn't the problem, it's Flanagan.
I think both are problems if either are remotely near a starting top-grade NRL side. Flanagan is a far greater one though, yes.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think both are problems if either are remotely near a starting top-grade NRL side. Flanagan is a far greater one though, yes.
The love for Lewis is ridiculous on here, bloke hasn't made a single line break all year and only has 1 line break assist, he can barely even pass the ball from right to left and at times even twists his body so he can pass from left to right lol. He competes hard, harder than anyone else in our team but that's it. Everything he "creates" is off the back of a kick and a lot of the time a scrappy kick. People wanting to persist with him are crazy, he doesn't start in any position at any other club and likely never will.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lewis would of had 3 try assists if Allen didn't have feet for hands. Should definitely keep the 6 for the next to games. Flanno should never wear a bulldogs jersey again

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He came in of his wing and conceded a try, one good try doesn't make up for his inconsistency.
I think that is a team plan though because all of our wingers do it to try & cut off the play & other plays wrap around to try & cover the winger. Has it been successful? Not from what I see, but it's not just Okunbor.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We can pick on our guys all night, but how bad was Pearce, looked like an old man desperately in need of a walking frame.

Best was next to invisible, scored a try that anyone could have scored, that's it, nothing else. Hard to argue that Hopoate didn't out play him, 171 metres compered to 151, 2 tackle breaks to 1, 2 offloads to 1.

Ponga, when I watched it live I was thinking did he actually play, so I watched the replay again this morning and watched him a fair bit. Whenever he caught the high kicks he immediately offloaded them and let someone else take the hit. Looked like he was chicken shit scared, avoiding contact whoever he could. Either he's carrying an injury or lost interest and aiming for a release to the All Blacks.

That's $2m+ of players that did SFA in a game that they had to win, FMD how much screaming would be going on here if they turned out that effort for us?

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis would of had 3 try assists if Allen didn't have feet for hands. Should definitely keep the 6 for the next to games. Flanno should never wear a bulldogs jersey again
Flanagan prolly needs a few games under his belt, look at Okunbor getting into the swing of things.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We can pick on our guys all night, but how bad was Pearce, looked like an old man desperately in need of a walking frame.

Best was next to invisible, scored a try that anyone could have scored, that's it, nothing else. Hard to argue that Hopoate didn't out play him, 171 metres compered to 151, 2 tackle breaks to 1, 2 offloads to 1.

Ponga, when I watched it live I was thinking did he actually play, so I watched the replay again this morning and watched him a fair bit. Whenever he caught the high kicks he immediately offloaded them and let someone else take the hit. Looked like he was chicken shit scared, avoiding contact whoever he could. Either he's carrying an injury or lost interest and aiming for a release to the All Blacks.

That's $2m+ of players that did SFA in a game that they had to win, FMD how much screaming would be going on here if they turned out that effort for us?

Always a Bulldog
Lewis was better than Pearce yesterday but that doesn't mean he's the better player.