Official Round 23 Bulldogs V Knights - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have made a number of changes for Saturday's fixture against the Newcastle Knights at Cbus Super Stadium (5:30PM AEST).
  • Corey Allan returns on the wing in place of Falakiko Manu. Allan was a late withdrawal against the Knights after feeling unwell before the game
  • Kyle Flanagan will return to the halves in the number 7 jersey, with Jake Averillo moving to the six. Bailey Biondi-Odo drops back to the bench
  • Luke Thompson returns to the front row after serving a three game suspension in place of Ava Seumanufagai, who moves back to the bench
  • Jackson Topine comes in as starting hooker to replace Sione Katoa, who drops out of the squad (Jeremy Marshall King has returned to Sydney for family reasons)
  • Corey Waddell returns in the second row after recovering from a calf injury, with Matt Doorey and Chris Patolo both dropping back to the extended bench

Match: Bulldogs ROUND 23 - SATURDAY 21ST AUGUST
5:30pm

No.PlayerSponsor
1Nick MeaneyHy-Tec
2Corey AllanGuardian Venue Management
3Will HopoateCincotta Chemist Campsie
4Aaron SchouppAustralasian Industrial Wrappings & Coatings
5Jayden OkunborCanterbury League Club
6Jake AverilloPenny's Crispy Pork Crackling
7Kyle FlanaganSydney Freezers
8Luke ThompsonIntello IT
9Jackson TopineJay Productions & Events
10Ryan JamesMMX Projects
11Adam ElliottTLH Recruitment
12Corey WaddellDental on Evaline
13Josh Jackson (c)Daily Press
Interchange Recovery Partners
14Bailey Biondi-OdoKhalil Family Lawyers
15Ava SeumanufagaiUrbanista Café & Convenience
16Corey HorsburghYour Property People
17Joe StimsonMcDonalds Punchbowl/Lakemba
Reserves
19Falakiko Manu
20Chris Patolo
21Lachlan Lewis
22Matt Doorey

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Topine will stay at hooker until the stings out of the game and hopefully BBO gets big minutes there. Thank F Katoa's not selected. Waddell probably worst selection there (and Flanagan, Baz sees no point playing Lewis since he's leaving I guess).

I'm looking most forward to big red Horse playing again.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno is BACK :sob: :sob::sob:
What is Gus doing? Please tell me this is part of some ploy to ship him off. Maybe he needs game time so we can convince some other sucker to take him

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck I don't get Barrett. I thought Avo was injured firstly but why does BBO get dropped to the bench. He touched the ball on a handful of occassions and when he did either looked good or got a set restart.

I like him picking Topine over Katoa but believe he should be 14 and then BBO at 9 in this instance.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I know this is a very unpopular opinion but they may just be giving Flanno another crack with Avo running the ball more to see how that type of fit may gel for 2022. I actually think Flanno may be suited playing with a Burton style 5/8 and let him move the team around.
I’m not his biggest fan but it may be worth a shot?

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
  • Jackson Topine gets a run
  • Averillo at 6
  • Raiders boys still helping out
  • BBO of the bench
Dislikes:
  • Flanagan at 7
  • Knockonbor had a good 60 odd minutes for us, but without Cotric we have no depth
  • Joe Stimson on the bench
  • There's still 2 more games after this one before the pain can finally end

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know this is a very unpopular opinion but they may just be giving Flanno another crack with Avo running the ball more to see how that type of fit may gel for 2022. I actually think Flanno may be suited playing with a Burton style 5/8 and let him move the team around.
I’m not his biggest fan but it may be worth a shot?
You're right, it is unpopular. Flanagan has nothing.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck I don't get Barrett. I thought Avo was injured firstly but why does BBO get dropped to the bench. He touched the ball on a handful of occassions and when he did either looked good or got a set restart.

I like him picking Topine over Katoa but believe he should be 14 and then BBO at 9 in this instance.
Because Topine can’t play 80 @ Hooker and BBO provides the most utility value with the ability to fill in at Hooker.

Pretty obvious really…

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what we have to pick from I like that team a lot better only thing I’d do is put doorey in for Stimson (for youths sake) and possible bbo to hooker and topine to the bench but bbo will provide more spark so not bad in my book