Round 20 - Bulldogs vs Tigers - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Firstly, the season is gone so it doesn't matter.

Now what chance do we have getting rid of Lichaa if he's playing in ISP? Nil.

If, and I say IF by any chance another club may be interested they want a player playing NRL not ISP. Sometimes there are reasons behind selections and non selections that we are not aware of so the Lichaa bashing is getting so old it's boring.
His contract is a team option for next season so Lichaa won't be here next season. It's useless playing him when he hasn't done one thing to warrant selection in three seasons.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is Woolford in the top 30? I don’t think Pay really has a choice with Lichaa.
Supposedly he is. Even if not, Brown would be a way better choice with JMK or Holland spelling him and another utility/back on the bench. Ideally it would be a rotation of Brown and Woolford if possible.

Either way, Pay does have options and Lichaa definitely isn't the right one.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Supposedly he is. Even if not, Brown would be a way better choice with JMK or Holland spelling him and another utility/back on the bench. Ideally it would be a rotation of Brown and Woolford if possible.

Either way, Pay does have options and Lichaa definitely isn't the right one.
We can't really confirm what our top 30 is. We have 26 listed on the site in:

1. Hopoate
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Marshall-King
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. Martin
13. Elliott
14. Brown
15. Ogden
16. Fualalo
17. Eastwood
18. Foran
19. Faitala-Mariner
20. Montoya
21. Priest
22. Frawley
23. Fine
24. Olive
25. Tualau
26. To'omaga

27. Smith (Midseason for RFM)
28. Cleeland
29. Woolford
30. Cerruto

31. Carr
32. Anderson
33. Okunbor
34. Burr
35. Bergamin
36. Nelson
37. Miller (Part time)
38. Garlick
39. Cardassilaris (Part time)
40. Harper (Flegg)
41. Katoa (Flegg)
42. Kalache (Flegg)
43. Martin (Midseason from Norths)

I think our development spots this year are for Wakeham, Radovu, Saddler.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We can't really confirm what our top 30 is. We have 26 listed on the site in:

1. Hopoate
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Marshall-King
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. Martin
13. Elliott
14. Brown
15. Ogden
16. Fualalo
17. Eastwood
18. Foran
19. Faitala-Mariner
20. Montoya
21. Priest
22. Frawley
23. Fine
24. Olive
25. Tualau
26. To'omaga

27. Smith (Midseason for RFM)
28. Cleeland
29. Woolford
30. Cerruto

31. Carr
32. Anderson
33. Okunbor
34. Burr
35. Bergamin
36. Nelson
37. Miller (Part time)
38. Garlick
39. Cardassilaris (Part time)
40. Harper (Flegg)
41. Katoa (Flegg)
42. Kalache (Flegg)
43. Martin (Midseason from Norths)

I think our development spots this year are for Wakeham, Radovu, Saddler.
Thanks for pointing that out. A few have said in the last few weeks that Woolford is eligible. I don't know for sure whether that's the case or not.

It's a joke that fans don't know what the top 30 is for their team. It should be updated constantly on the site whenever it changes.. It's an even bigger joke that the NRL implemented this moronic and restrictive system where they dictate who can and can't play when it comes to youngsters and reserve graders on minimum wage.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing that out. A few have said in the last few weeks that Woolford is eligible. I don't know for sure whether that's the case or not.

It's a joke that fans don't know what the top 30 is for their team. It should be updated constantly on the site whenever it changes.. It's an even bigger joke that the NRL implemented this moronic and restrictive system where they dictate who can and can't play when it comes to youngsters and reserve graders on minimum wage.
I'm only going of what's been posted previously and woolford was definitely on the list. If it's true that lichaa won't be retained next year (please let it be true) it makes no sense to not promote woolford

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His contract is a team option for next season so Lichaa won't be here next season. It's useless playing him when he hasn't done one thing to warrant selection in three seasons.
Do you know this as fact?

I haven’t heard this anywhere......

So you’re saying he signed a two year deal but the club has a get out option clause on the second year?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looks like To'omaga has been blacklisted to never play NRL footy again under Pay ffs.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Do you know this as fact? I haven’t heard this anywhere......
So you’re saying he signed a two year deal but the club has a get out option clause on the second year?
Actually he did an interview today and he mentioned something that sounded a bit strange. He stated "I'll leave next year up to after Round 25 and I'll focus on it then, but yeah haven't had too much thought on it, and obviously don't, our squads not finalised or anything, so yeah you don't know exactly who your team is for next year, so I'm just focussing on this year."

Suggests he is here for next season.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Are our Jersey Flegg team games televised or streamed?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like To'omaga has been blacklisted to never play NRL footy again under Pay ffs.
I can tell you why. Our season is shot in NRL. We can't play finals footy.

However once a player plays a certain number of NSW Cup games, they are not allowed to play in NSW Cup finals that year. Can't recall what the magic number is.
(It would appear it goes on where they have played the majority of games that season, as well as having to play 3 of the last 5 games in that competition)
Could be wrong there

Thus if we play To'omaga till the end of the season in NRl, he may miss NSW Cup finals (along with a number of other players).

If we play too many NSW Cup players we risk having to field half of Flegg if we make the NSW Cup finals.

Thus why some players are seemingly being held back at the moment. Their time will come in 2019.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Are our Jersey Flegg team games televised or streamed?
Sadly not. I've conversed with the club on this before and apparently all broadcasting approval/rights have to go through NRLMedia... thus why they can't live stream them.

They mentioned as it comes into the finals series that might change.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sadly not. I've conversed with the club on this before and apparently all broadcasting approval/rights have to go through NRLMedia... thus why they can't live stream them.

Stink

I wanted to see how they go particularly this weekend v Warriors as my good mates son is debuting for Warriors Flegg.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lichha and eastwood again i have no confidence in dean pay at all he is a real worry and does not seem to have much footy iq

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

I just watched the Flegg team highlights
Fk me that B Wakeman is an absolute gun

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I just watched the Flegg team highlights
Fk me that B Wakeman is an absolute gun
Yeah highlights after the game is all you get. Our club barely acknowledges Flegg even exists.

Wakeham is a very good future prospect.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why dont they drop Lewis to ISP whilst hes still eligible for that game. He could win a premiership there.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can tell you why. Our season is shot in NRL. We can't play finals footy.

However once a player plays a certain number of NSW Cup games, they are not allowed to play in NSW Cup finals that year. Can't recall what the magic number is.
(It would appear it goes on where they have played the majority of games that season, as well as having to play 3 of the last 5 games in that competition)
Could be wrong there

Thus if we play To'omaga till the end of the season in NRl, he may miss NSW Cup finals (along with a number of other players).

If we play too many NSW Cup players we risk having to field half of Flegg if we make the NSW Cup finals.

Thus why some players are seemingly being held back at the moment. Their time will come in 2019.
Kinda pointless really, ISP focus should be on development and not winning. Maybe the club thinks he's better off playing bigger minutes in ISP? I could understand if it's that..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah highlights after the game is all you get. Our club barely acknowledges Flegg even exists.

Wakeham is a very good future prospect.
In 30 seconds he showed vision, acceleration, kicking game, with passing game and put two guys over with short balls whilst engaging the line

And scored one himself

Future prospect indeed

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do you know this as fact?

I haven’t heard this anywhere......

I thought it was common knowledge and had read it several times in articles but when trying to search it now I couldn't find anything.

Now I'm doubting that and am worried Lichaa is contracted fully next year! Can anyone else clarify?

Status
Not open for further replies.