Official Round 19 Bulldogs V Sharks - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
we have a favourable draw coming up, assuming Tbaz doesnt want to make many changes now as we have some winnable games coming up. Very pleased that BBO has kept his spot, lets hope TB gives him alot of game time and doesnt bust JMK.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I would've dropped Meaney and gave Allan a crack for the rest of the season at FB. Weird that Barrett seems to have made up his mind on Allan there so early. I also would've dropped Lewis just for sheer stupidity.

I like Ava starting. It is interesting to me that he seems to have more impact in the front row at times than Thompson and Hetherington despite joining the squad late. I wonder whether you put that down to conditioning. Our forwards just seem so much more weaker at times vs opposing forward packs. Barely any post contact metres. Feel like maybe we got whatever conditioning we put in place for the forwards over the off season completely wrong.

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah he has been ordinary for sure. Against Parra he was bad as well but I thought he was decent against the rorters.

I am disappointed Baz hasnt dropped Hoppa. He needs to make some tough calls. I see that Robbo has dropped Josh Morris this week. The top coaches make the hard calls
The way Hoppa has played this year he should have been one of the first players dropped to make way for the youth.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We would need 14 fullbacks if you drop them every time they make a mistake ,don't think Allen will be fullback next year probably why he's still on the wing can see us rolling the Sharks !

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We would need 14 fullbacks if you drop them every time they make a mistake ,don't think Allen will be fullback next year probably why he's still on the wing can see us rolling the Sharks !
Rolling the stadiums garbage bins out to the curb after another ref inflicted loss?

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
  • No Sione Katoa
  • Thompson at Lock - hope to see some ball playing or different lines from him, rather than a pure middle.
  • Ogden on the bench again - has been going well and providing much-needed impact.
Dislikes:
  • Joe Stimson and Napa on the bench. Would much rather Doorey and Atoni.
  • Meany had a shocker. Now he's off to Melbourne, I don't see much point giving him more FG FB experience. Same could be said for Hopoate who I highly doubt is coming back next season. I'd rather we line up:
  1. Allan/ Averillo
  2. Okunbor
  3. Schoupp
  4. Hopoate/ Allan
  5. Kiko Manu
6/7 of Lewis/ BBO/Averillo / (Sigh) Flanno Jr
Meaney had a shocker last week . But I think he’ll bounce back. He’s been our most consistent back all year

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gus needs to squash this waddle man crush Baz has.
Waddell came through with Leota, Cleary, Lui and the likes (actually got their player of the season one year). I think Gus'd have a little crush on him too.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allen at Fb or centre for me looking to next year, that's where he will play if there are injuries, pointless going with Meaney now

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would like to see Thompson on the edge
Only time you see Thompson on an edge is if he runs a line out wide in the attacking 20... Any other time would be murder.