Official Round 19 Bulldogs V Sharks - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

MariaZ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Baz better not pick Napa next week
Oh I think you will find him named in his selections all year. Did anyone notice on Freddys 2022 projection team list that Napa was listed on the bench? I’m almost sure it was his name. But I’m hoping I need goggles!

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Thomoson was a beast, did some stupid stuff bit is looking massive, hope he doesnt miss a week or 2.

brucey

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nope, just the usual. It is so criminal & the club refuses to do anything about it. Sure Barrett says he has talked to them a couple of times, but nothing ever comes of it. I would love for the club to present the decisions & non-decisions each week on the club's website until something happens. Maybe even just present the video of each incident & let the fans judge. Something like that wouldn't attract a fine & it may get the media to ask questions. Something!
I’ve thought the same.. you need to get the right media though because they mostly run cover for it. If the club was serious, they should have documented every incident from every game since rd1

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We started off the second half welll and then pretty much every decision has gone the sharks way and we have spent the last 20 mins defending, was only a matter of time until sharks scored. Once again we haven’t been able to earn one penalty all game
Second time this season we haven't won one penalty but there have been 4 other times when there was just 1. That stat alone says something is wrong. Time to bring back how's Trent?!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't want to be too hard on him, but youngsters like him very rarely thrive in these kinds of situations. Unfortunately there is no other game in town, if he wants to play each weekend it has to be here.

He has had a really poor game. But when the big picture is taken into consideration, we might end up being pretty happy in a few years time that the decision makers were patient with him.
How about a player swap for a season in the ESL with someone over there? Worth a thought.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How about a player swap for a season in the ESL with someone over there? Worth a thought.
It could be an option, though it is a big expensive one.

If the NRL went down the line of two divisions, 12 teams in each, we'd get the ideal place for such youngsters to cut their teeth. NRL 2nd div would be higher quality than NSW or QLD cup level. It would be a lot less expensive and difficult for us to loan a promising youngster or two off to an NRL 2nd div team playing in Sydney, let them develop, then bring them in with a better shot at making it at the top level.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only thing I have seen this year more embarrassing than Averillo's performance was Joe Biden's town hall on CNN last week & only just. At least Biden has a very good excuse.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How dumb & thick is JMK, did any one else see his idiotic no look pass to Ava which caused a knock on?

JMK should be torn a new asshole by Barrett, he conned his way to a new contract and comes up with that rubbish.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some of these players are coach killers plain and simple. Barrett should be ripping off doors at the dojo when the coach killers turn on the dumb plays.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lucky for them Shaun Johnson went off just before half time
Katoa would’ve had 5 tries by fulltime has sj not left the field

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Observations I made at the games today. Nothing of surprise to most of you Im sure.

Dufty has ego and speaks up. Made silly errors but is definitely a confident Player and playing with ado Carr can only help him. Sexton looked the goods As did the Titans number 16. Fifita is unfit And hopeless in defence. has so much potential though.

We should have kept Corey Thompson. Love watching him play.

Okunbor is deadset stupid and reserve grade at best. Tui Katoa has got to be in next week or someone else. Cost us many times in defence and appeared lazy in attack.

Thompson was unlucky to be sin binned but is a machine. Should be captain. didn't really notice Jackson whole game…

We need a halfback/playmaker. in addition to burton. Averillo wasnt terrible but we won’t make 8 with him in halves. Deserves a spot in 17 next year just not sure where he is best used.

Thought Allan was reliable without looking threatening. Maybe only because okunbor was so terrible.

dog 4life

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So we resigned Craponbor for 2 years and BBQ who anyone with half a vision can see he's a natural with massive potential is still unsigned! Makes sense doesn't it

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't realise we had 12 in the bin! We did well then!

The 3rd minute in the presser Barret says how Jackson is an NRL player because of his workload. Basically saying not many others in the team are. Other than Thommo the rest are park footballers

boysunleashme

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Observations I made at the games today. Nothing of surprise to most of you Im sure.

Dufty has ego and speaks up. Made silly errors but is definitely a confident Player and playing with ado Carr can only help him. Sexton looked the goods As did the Titans number 16. Fifita is unfit And hopeless in defence. has so much potential though.

We should have kept Corey Thompson. Love watching him play.

Okunbor is deadset stupid and reserve grade at best. Tui Katoa has got to be in next week or someone else. Cost us many times in defence and appeared lazy in attack.

Thompson was unlucky to be sin binned but is a machine. Should be captain. didn't really notice Jackson whole game…

We need a halfback/playmaker. in addition to burton. Averillo wasnt terrible but we won’t make 8 with him in halves. Deserves a spot in 17 next year just not sure where he is best used.

Thought Allan was reliable without looking threatening. Maybe only because okunbor was so terrible.
Agree with most of what you said but Jackson was massive, saved everyone’s arse in defence, him and Thompson only first graders in the team