Official Round 17 Bulldogs V Roosters - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you're overestimating our team. It's basically a Reserve Grade lineup. We all know this Roosters team is way weaker than previous years but our team can't score points and can't defend. You're also underestimating the bounce back factor from the Roosters after last week.
All valid man, I'm tipping a much closer game is all. But then I tipped us to beat Melbourne by 10 last week so I have been known to be wrong from time to time.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All valid man, I'm tipping a much closer game is all. But then I tipped us to beat Melbourne by 10 last week so I have been known to be wrong from time to time.
We saw this coming. As soon as Friend, Cordner and Keary were out I couldn't see how you guys would make the top 4 or challenge the top teams. But despite the Roosters weakened lineup, your 17 this week is still way more talented and better coached than ours so I'd be surprised if you didn't win by 20 plus.

We have no points in us with a spine of Meaney, Flamingo, Averillo and Katoa and we leak points everywhere, especially down Tui Katoa's side.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We saw this coming. As soon as Friend, Cordner and Keary were out I couldn't see how you guys would make the top 4 or challenge the top teams. But despite the Roosters weakened lineup, your 17 this week is still way more talented and better coached than ours so I'd be surprised if you didn't win by 20 plus.

We have no points in us with a spine of Meaney, Flamingo, Averillo and Katoa and we leak points everywhere, especially down Tui Katoa's side.
I would be replacing Tui Katoa with a blow up doll (I think I may have a spare one in the cupboard......). Just place it on the sideline so at least the opposition winger has to swerve slightly to get past it instead of sprinting away in a straight line

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Topine?
Move Jackson to second row and put Thompson at lock and start Ogden/Atoni?

Don't act like there are no options mate.

Granted we have injuries but fuck me, that is 2008-spec that team. Disgusting.
Ogden yeah ok

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone know why Atoni and Ogden are named this week but weren’t named against Manly??
This is quite confusing.
Ava and Patolo are in future plans whilst Atoni and Ogden look to be out the door... Last week he didnt have too though this week he does with Ava out and Patolo dropped.

Either that or Britt walks back in.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Doorey won't last in the NRL either, the concussions are becoming too frequent.
He wont last because he wouldnt make a first grade side with any other team in the comp. Once we get some better forwards he'll be dropped back to Mounties anyway. Bloke hasn't won a tackle all year and isnt up to scratch in defence, the head knocks are just speeding up his short lived career

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that they’ve been issued notice to appear before the board, possible chance of Napa getting sacked in coming days given he was the alleged ringleader? The last time I recall a notice to appear before the board was Ryan Tandy who didn’t front and was then sacked.
It was CHN and Okunbor last year where they were sacked and then appealed

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It was CHN and Okunbor last year where they were sacked and then appealed
That was different.
The NRL de-registered their contracts (first) and hence the club ‘sacked’ them as they obviously can’t field an unregistered player. In this case the NRL has already sanctioned the Covid crew with fines - now it seems the club wants to take it further like the Dragons have done with Vaughan. Hence in issuing a ‘show cause’ notice the last time I recall this happening was Tandy.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was different.
The NRL de-registered their contracts (first) and hence the club ‘sacked’ them as they obviously can’t field an unregistered player. In this case the NRL has already sanctioned the Covid crew with fines - now it seems the club wants to take it further like the Dragons have done with Vaughan. Hence in issuing a ‘show cause’ notice the last time I recall this happening was Tandy.
Yeah cool i get you now. Interesting to see what the club decides to be honest. I wonder if this would be happening if they were all in form? Maybe the club sees it as a way to undo some of the average players on contract next year in Wadell and Wakeham and also to save cash on the remaining contracts of Katoa and Napa? Fingers crossed anyway

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah cool i get you now. Interesting to see what the club decides to be honest. I wonder if this would be happening if they were all in form? Maybe the club sees it as a way to undo some of the average players on contract next year in Wadell and Wakeham and also to save cash on the remaining contracts of Katoa and Napa? Fingers crossed anyway
Good question re: form - or youth (eg: Schoupp). Napa should be fairly easy to ping - lives in Double Bay, by all reports was the ringleader and they went out in Bondi. Contract ends 31 October anyway so assuming no legal barriers call it now and he doesn’t get paid the final 3 months (from the day of the offence). Cut out the cancer so to speak. In terms of other players yes, maybe depending on their level of culpability (who invited who etc) - outcomes could be spun for the betterment in the long run. We’ll know soon enough.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope the team list changes before they run out.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ava and Patolo are in future plans whilst Atoni and Ogden look to be out the door... Last week he didnt have too though this week he does with Ava out and Patolo dropped.

Either that or Britt walks back in.
You would have thought when you have lost half your squad that playing Atoni and/or Ogden over Patalo and co last week would have been the sensible thing to do.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topine?
Move Jackson to second row and put Thompson at lock and start Ogden/Atoni?

Don't act like there are no options mate.

Granted we have injuries but fuck me, that is 2008-spec that team. Disgusting.
What has Topine actually done to warrant a starting position? Yes the others selected before him haven’t done any more, but is there something in Topine that I am missing. I understand he’s young and full of energy, but why throw him into the fire? It’s not like he’s demonstrated tackle busting ability or footwork or an offload or strong defence… he may or may not come good in a few years, but I just do not see the hype. Typically you can just sense if a player has it or not… I just cannot see it at the moment

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well we did start with a reserve grade side & are without Cotric, Crichton, Deitz, Doorey, Elliott, RFM, JMK, Okunbor, Seumanufagai, Smith & we didn't replace DWZ & we didn't fill 2 spots on our top 30, so the Roosters coach should be sacked if they don't put 50 on our 3rd grade side.
The line is 19.5 which isn’t enough.