Official Round 17 Bulldogs V Roosters - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Things can only get better DW.. Hopefully they keep putting in the same effort from last night and they can build some momentum heading into next season.
I really think the club has turned the corner but that is just my opinion. I know there is genuine critics on here including myself at times but there are also those who just keep putting the boot in no matter what. These people will ALWAYS be negative, even if we win three straight GF’s in a row they will still find something negative to say.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ive been hammering on about the lack of an on field general. There is none.
On the brighter side, the players who are constantly maligned on the kennel were the stand out performers.
Lewis was great. Hetherington played very well, Jackson (Hes past it according to the people on here)
Even Waddell and Napa had a real go. The young guys had a red hot go as well.
We just need to unload Hopoate now.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I'm happy with our performance. Was fully expecting to get smashed but credit our character, especially after going down 10-0 (although Roosters prob got a bit complacent at that point thinking it would be a cakewalk). 6 again rule is killing us this season. It's obvious referees come into our games with a pre-conceived notion that we'll be pushing the boundaries of the ruck and 10m in order to try and bring superior teams into the grind. As a result, the ref is oblivious to the other team in many instances doing the exact same thing. We win that game if we play in the pre-6 again era. Horrible rule that's ruining the game and giving already inept/bias officials even more influence over results. Other thoughts:

- Lewis is five-eighth remainder of the season. He's not going to play like that every week but his effort puts Flanagan and Wakeham to shame and that's enough to keep him there.
- Hetherington is hard done by a lot with penalties. Even still, he's a complete liability when the game is in the balance and fatigue and frustration start to set in. Teams know it and he's targeted accordingly. Baz needs to managing his time on the field better.
- Averillo having very little impact recently now that teams know he's our only running threat and are defending him better. He needs to figure out different ways to get involved. Get out of dummy half, trailing forwards looking for an offload, etc.
- I like what I've seen from BBO and Manu. BBO could be a real weapon if we manage his development properly and I like Manu's energy. He isn't the most gifted winger but the kid has grit and doesn't take a backward step against anyone. Much prefer that to the likes of Allan, Hopoate, Katoa, etc.
- Finally, love Jacko's effort but he needs to go to the Cam Smith school of ref complaining. I don't care if we lose 10m out of it every now and then. Someone needs to hold the officials accountable on the field.
Yep they definitely have preconceived ideas mate but nothings going to change.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Yep they definitely have preconceived ideas mate but nothings going to change.
Maybe I am on here to much this year but I have never seen referreing as blantly biased as this year. Always used to lose the penalty count, get a bad call on a key play but this year the chooks and souths are getting activly managed to wins by the refs. When the game is in the balance they get 6 again after 6 again, what the fuck is goinig on! Its not just against us, west tigers cop it bad too.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe I am on here to much this year but I have never seen referreing as blantly biased as this year. Always used to lose the penalty count, get a bad call on a key play but this year the chooks and souths are getting activly managed to wins by the refs. When the game is in the balance they get 6 again after 6 again, what the fuck is goinig on! Its not just against us, west tigers cop it bad too.
I agree. It’s worse with the 6 agains because the refs can award them without any stoppages. There was one last night on the 4th tackle against Stimson that led to the Manu try. It was identical to at least 30 tackles made by the roosters.

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did he say he thought we were hard done by ?

I didn’t watch the post match
If you’re asking about braith? Then yea he was the only honest one on the panel and pretty much reiterated what Barrett said although in a more ‘fox sports’ aligning way

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just walked into the lounge room and my six year old son is watching the replay from last night, right at the part where Hetherington gets hit and drops the ball. He goes, “daddy look at that, no respect for ball security” lol. Obviously sounds funnier when coming from a 6 year olds mouth. Even he knows!

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you’re asking about braith? Then yea he was the only honest one on the panel and pretty much reiterated what Barrett said although in a more ‘fox sports’ aligning way
Yes I was thx mate

Birddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree, same for the squeelers, they get the run of 6 agains and dodgy calls to get them over as well. It's so blatant now they don't even try to hide it.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If only our hooker could hit the chest..... went backwards when Biondi went off