Official Round 17 Bulldogs V Roosters - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep really good post mate. I support Baz as well but this is a mistake.

I am happy for the others to be bought back given injuries and suspensions but not him. In what world does he think he can skip training given his performances over the past 3 years ??

Napa will have zero impact on the result this week. Zilch. Nothing. I actually think the decision should have been taken out of Trent’s hands. A board or CEO with any clue would have suspended him. Hopefully our general manager of football steps in before Saturday and makes that decision.

Oh hang on, we don’t fucking have one.
We are a shambles and laughing stock but luckily the Dragons have taken all the attention off us (for now)

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many more weeks of this nightmare season?
TBaz is losing me

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everybody is back except for Wakeham. FFS I dont rate him at all but he's better than the useless c*** Flanno

Hopefully Kotoa or Flanno are hooked and BBO gets to play decent minutes. He's the only reason I'll be watching some of this bloodbath
I posted earlier that Flanagan would be picked, hopefully, hopefully, hopefully, he has developed a hate for the rotters for letting him go and at least try to do a pay back..

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Canterbury Bulldogs vs Sydney Roosters at Bankwest Stadium, 7.35pm

Bulldogs team
: 1. Nick Meaney 2. Corey Allan 3. Will Hopoate 4. Aaron Schoupp 5. Tuipulotu Katoa 6. Kyle Flanagan 7. Jake Averillo 8. Jack Hetherington 9. Sione Katoa 10. Luke Thompson 11. Corey Waddell 12. Joe Stimson 13. Josh Jackson 14. Bailey Biondi-Odo 15. Dylan Napa 16. Ofahiki Ogden 17. Renouf Atoni 19. Lachlan Lewis 20. Jackson Topine 21. Falakiko Manu 22. Chris Patolo

Analysis: Four of the five players forced to go into COVID isolation return to the side with only Brandon Wakeham missing out. Corey Waddell comes into the second row, while Sione Katoa replacesJeremy Marshall-King (suspension) at No.9. Aaron Schouppcomes back in for debutant Falakiko Manu at centre while Dylan Napa is in for Ava Seumanufagai (suspension) on the bench. Joe Stimson comes into the starting side to partner Waddell in the second row with Jackson Topine dropped to the reserves, while Matt Doorey is out due to injury. Rookie Bailey Biondi-Odo retains the No.14 jersey while Ofahiki Ogden and Renouf Atoni are on the bench.

Roosters team: 1. Joseph Manu 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 4. Billy Smith 5. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Drew Hutchison 7. Sam Walker 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Sam Verrills 10. Siosiua Taukeiaho 11. Isaac Liu 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Victor Radley 14. Lachlan Lam 15. Egan Butcher 16. Nat Butcher 17. Ben Thomas 18. Adam Keighran 19. Tukupa Hau Tapuha 20. Naufahu Whyte 21. Joseph Suaalii

Analysis: Victor Radley is back at lock after completing his suspension, with Isaac Liu switching from No.13 to the second row in place of Blues star Angus Crichton. Centre Billy Smith makes his first NRL appearance since 2019 after making his return from a knee injury via NSW Cup a few weeks ago, with Joey Manu switching to fullback for Origin star James Tedesco. Joseph Suaalii has been dropped with Matt Ikuvalu taking his place on the wing. Drew Hutchison comes in at five-eighth with Lachlan Lamswitching to the bench. Nat Butcher and rookie prop Ben Thomasreplace Fletcher Baker (isolation) and Daniel Suluka-Fifita(suspended) on the bench.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now that they’ve been issued notice to appear before the board, possible chance of Napa getting sacked in coming days given he was the alleged ringleader? The last time I recall a notice to appear before the board was Ryan Tandy who didn’t front and was then sacked.
It's time to make the right hard decision especially in Napa's case being a repeated offender
Sadly he earns a massive contract and gives nothing but grief in return.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wooden spooner team coached by a wooden spooner "coach".

This pretty boy **** is a clone of Pay. Lost **** with no fucking idea.
But but he deserves a chance with his players….FMD

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep really good post mate. I support Baz as well but this is a mistake.

I am happy for the others to be bought back given injuries and suspensions but not him. In what world does he think he can skip training given his performances over the past 3 years ??

Napa will have zero impact on the result this week. Zilch. Nothing. I actually think the decision should have been taken out of Trent’s hands. A board or CEO with any clue would have suspended him. Hopefully our general manager of football steps in before Saturday and makes that decision.

Oh hang on, we don’t fucking have one.
Trent Barrett is the coach and this is on him. If he has even an ounce of coach in him none of these blokes are selected as a matter principle. We just got beat 66-0 the club is hurting and I couldn’t give a fuck what the consequences are they should all have their contracts torn up except for Schouup who should be reprimanded severely.

The fucking club has been an embarrassment for years and these players pull this shit. Barrett is a myth and wants to be mates instead of the boss.

What a fucking clusterfuck

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that they’ve been issued notice to appear before the board, possible chance of Napa getting sacked in coming days given he was the alleged ringleader? The last time I recall a notice to appear before the board was Ryan Tandy who didn’t front and was then sacked.
I tend to agree mate fronting up to the management tells me it’s more than a warning or letter on his file.
Napa might not get the luxury of three strikes and your gone.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly would be enquiring about a real coach while giving him until round 10 next year to prove himself.
Did somebody say cheque book at Bellamy? If they have so much money to offer Gould then use that money on top of what Baz is already getting and lure Bellamy for 2 seasons

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks a bit like that, having all 5 front the board on separate days gives the board a chance to sack some and keep who they want.
For me I would certainly keep Schouup, he was very likely led.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a feeling Napa will come on and get sent off immediately for a high shot on jwh and fuck us even more the red head cat

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looks a bit like that, having all 5 front the board on separate days gives the board a chance to sack some and keep who they want.
For me I would certainly keep Schouup, he was very likely led.
Yep he's the only one that should be spared as he's still a kid.. the rest have been in the game long enough and should be sacked..

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep he's the only one that should be spared as he's still a kid.. the rest have been in the game long enough and should be sacked..
His age will come into consideration when handing out any sought of punishment.
This should act as a wake up call.