Round 14 - Dogs vs Dragons - Team List and Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree with the majority of this post but did you watch Lee on the wing against the roosters at the start of the season? He was worst in defence than he is at centre. He needed to be dropped. I'm
hoping Stanley actually lasts a whole match.
I did and he was bad there. Defensively he is quite horrible but considering we're well outside the 8 and are last in points scored I would rather we keep the one guy who can put on points than dump him.

We need to start thinking attack first and not try and win every game 8-4. This isn't 1986 Des!

Like I said, kasiano and Eastwoods defence couldn't be worse either and they're still in first grade. Neither have been the attacking weapon brenko has been.

Again, dropping Lee does make some sense generally speaking but considering our plight it's a bizarre move as no one else can out on points.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope Reynolds holds up, hes the key to the end of the season, we need leadership, make him the captain.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des being a stats man has shrewdly deducted there is no need to carry a goal kicker as we don't score any tries.
That's probably why he ripped out Lee. No lee and Holland means no points!

Benjamin Short

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
IMG_2457.JPG
Go the Doggies
Bulldogs v Dragons
Head to head stats
Played 131 times
Bulldogs 52 w Dragons 74 w
5 draws
Bulldogs at home 31 wins Dragons 33
2 draws
Dragons at home 41 wins Dogs 21
3 draws
Last 2 years Dogs 3 wins dragons 0
Bring on Monday Afternoon

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm happy to see Stanley has made yet another comeback for his sake. Fingers crossed that he has a prolonged period away from the rehab room, but if the worst happens I wouldn't mind shifting Mbye out one spot and getting Frawley and Reynolds in the halves. Montoya hasn't put a foot wrong yet so is deserving of another week.

Not surprised that we're back to our expected starting line up through the rest of the team. I'm hopeful that they're actually ready to play this week. I knew there is a growing list of people hoping we fail for the rest of the year to pressure the club into ousting Hasler, but I just hate seeing us lose and along with that I'd love to know that Reynolds is going to have the opportunity to play finals footy with us before he leaves. We've got some ground to make up to get back into the 8 and we need to start this week.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Where as Stanley holds the fake arm out and gives them the Hi5 while they stroll past him...
At least he touches them. He has a chance to make a tackle not runs straight past and ends up behind the guy he is meant to tackle. Neither of them are 1st grade standard.. i.would have smith in or hoppa in with b morris at the back and montoya on the wing.

Benjamin Short

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I still think frawley at 7 mbye at 9 and lichaa on the bench if there

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Reynolds back. Fkn yay! Hope he gives the Reynolds 6 Frawley 7 mbye 9 combo a lot of minutes. Only time we look good.

Lee will end up playing plenty fg and is brilliant in attack. But yeh his defence. Turnstile. I believe he will get better at that but nows not a good time for him to be learning defence. We are in the poo. We will miss his xfactor in attack though. Hope he shapes up fast

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think we will play well. Reynolds Graham Bmoz back, klemmer and jackson fresher. Kick up the bum last week and 4 losses in a row should be plenty motivation too. Dont be shocked if we beat st george. We have a good lineup again finally. Dogs by 8

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we will play well. Reynolds Graham Bmoz back, klemmer and jackson fresher. Kick up the bum last week and 4 losses in a row should be plenty motivation too. Dont be shocked if we beat st george. We have a good lineup again finally. Dogs by 8
This year I've been reading opposition forums before out games against them and have to say dragons fans are the biggest bunch of dickheads. No other fans have posted any of the shit those scumbag have about us.

Would love to be at them and rub it in their faces but hasler ain't doing shit

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lee may be one of our best attacking players, but he deadet lets in 3 a game. He needs to score / set up 4 per game to be ahead
The Josh Reynolds effect. Typical of this forum, they jump and wave their little flags and clap their little beady hands when Reynolds scores a PASSION TRY or Brenko scores a try even though its 28-12 and its their fault

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The Josh Reynolds effect. Typical of this forum, they jump and wave their little flags and clap their little beady hands when Reynolds scores a PASSION TRY or Brenko scores a try even though its 28-12 and its their fault
Its not just what Reynolds adds thats good about Reynolds coming back. Its also the only time Des plays our best combo this year to date, which as ive said is Reynolds 6 Frawley 7 Mbye 9. That combo solves 3 problems, it gets Mbye away from 7, puts Frawley in his preferred position, and gets Lichaa on the bench.

It would be almost as bad if Frawley didnt play. That would mean we got problems back, with Lichaa at 9 more and Mbye at 7 all match.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do we keep picking Lichaa?
The guy is a massive liability.

We seem stuck with Mbye - then chuck the guy into number 9 if thats where he is going and be done with it.
Surely Hasler is not teaming Foran next to Mbye for 2018?

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Josh Reynolds is back?? Brenko and Holland gone (wow shocked), Stanley and Montoya in. Wow what just happened? This is a new look. Des must have realised that he doesn't need Holland for goalkicking because we are not scoring much. Hahaha

BTW I think Brenko will eventually be back though. He will be back once he has a bit of a break
Why doesn't jmoz get a break. The bloke has been playing shit lately.
Where is Kennar already. Why is he always injured. We need him in the side when he is 100

Status
Not open for further replies.