Official Round 14 Bulldogs V Dragons - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As predicted Topine not in the 21 and behind dead weight like Stimson, Napa, Katoa etc.. Isn't the second half of the season supposed to be about player development?

I don't know why Atoni is banished to reserves but players who underperformed way more like Napa keep getting picked.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Atoni is gone, which looks likely, the club is going to find another middle forward, amongst the many who are off contract and IMHO are not as good.
My guess is that the club will end up re-signing Napa.
What worries me is that the club lets go of a player because he is not good enough, then signs a replacement who is worse.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What does Tbaz expect Wakeham to bring to the side? He has refused to get involved playing in the halves over the last few weeks. I just don't see any point in his selection.

I know Flanagan hasn't set the world on fire but at least he involves himself.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe Barrett is hoping to win games with NRL experience. Topine and Atoni (might be leaving) should be on the bench at a minimum. The inclusion of JMK makes sense but why Katoa or Stimson.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not sure if Baz is just giving some blokes a chance to play for their future, but it's not doing our team much good nor the club marketability in terms of attracting players for 2022
Katoa, Napa and Hopoate's (no issue playing him while Allan's out) futures are already sorted.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What does Tbaz expect Wakeham to bring to the side? He has refused to get involved playing in the halves over the last few weeks. I just don't see any point in his selection.

I know Flanagan hasn't set the world on fire but at least he involves himself.
I'd say it most likely that wakeham will take a back seat to jake while Flanagan will try and take control .

I think Jake's won the position next to burton next season. So we'd rather develop jake than hinder him with flanagan

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Maybe Barrett is hoping to win games with NRL experience. Topine and Atoni (might be leaving) should be on the bench at a minimum. The inclusion of JMK makes sense but why Katoa or Stimson.
Experience is meaningless when the player is not good enough and a liability for one reason or another.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is Topine’s contract situation? Is he already signed for next season?

How he is not in the team with Katoa included is mind boggling [emoji848]

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure if Baz is just giving some blokes a chance to play for their future, but it's not doing our team much good nor the club marketability in terms of attracting players for 2022
That does make sense as we are going nowhere this season. However, developing our juniors should be the priority instead.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd say it most likely that wakeham will take a back seat to jake while Flanagan will try and take control .

I think Jake's won the position next to burton next season. So we'd rather develop jake than hinder him with flanagan
That's possible but they shouldn't reward Wakeham being a dead weight with start after start.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What is Topine’s contract situation? Is he already signed for next season?

How he is not in the team with Katoa included is mind boggling [emoji848]
He wants to play Katoa in the forwards, his defence however has been absolutely pathetic and he has absolutely no business in being selected ahead of Topine.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m just hoping by the time the NBA season is over that Baz has figured it out [emoji23]
NBA has been the only sport im looking forward to at the moment, im a denver fan from the west and a nets fan from the east

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Here’s to hoping Barret doesn’t want to many mental scars for next yr, maybe he’s playing the long game with some of his youngsters