Round 12 - Bulldogs vs Tigers - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
disappointing not to get the win as i felt we did enough to. we really should have finished off a few chances.

story of the season but we are building.
Building for what? The spoon? We are going backwards

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah they were good you can see the difference in the players. Im thinking maybe lewis hopefully they may resign him before his first nrl game
Got nothing to lose, seriously Foran did nothing yesterday, first few games he was solid and against sharks he nearly scored but to be paid what he’s paid is just frustrating . give A young fella a go at first grade, he’s the nephew of Wally Lewis too I think

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Got nothing to lose, seriously Foran did nothing yesterday, first few games he was solid and against sharks he nearly scored but to be paid what he’s paid is just frustrating . give A young fella a go at first grade, he’s the nephew of Wally Lewis too I think
Yes he is

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Where does one start???? So many things wrong with this team and no real idea how to fix it. A clumsy unbalanced squad built by a negligent coach ( with assistance from a few in higher places) and no light at the end of the tunnel for quite a while.

Had the worst four hour trip home last night still trying to come to terms with just how bad we really are....and that after round twelve we are certainly not going to be in the finals this year, probably maybe not even win another game.

No effort apart from the first thirty minutes and then the inevitable "we will let the opposition score near half time to get them within a few points of us." AND to top it off ' we don't score second half points.

Pathetic defence from the usual suspects; 'shirt grabber' Hoppa and "I will stand fifteen metres in from touch on every single defensive set" Montoya. I can't believe how poorly that side of the field is playing in defence. Neither can read the game as it stands and neither commits fully 100% to their job of defending that right side. I was actually surprised as to how little the Tigers attacked us down that side of the field; easy metres if they did.

Attack?? What can one say? Bumbling, fumbling and no attempt to do anything really constructive until we are behind.

The two shining lights Olive and Martin. Pound for pound and considering their real lack of first grade experience both these guys stood well above their more experienced and higher paid team mates.Skipper tried hard as did Elliot. Stats are alarming 14 errors, 28 missed tackles, 32 ineffective tackles ( although I blame the referee a bit for this he gave the Tigers eons in tackles to be able to offload the ball. Honestly guys were stopped in their tracks by three defenders, no more forward progress and in some cases a good 10 or so seconds after this he allows them to offload,. Perenara was so slow in calling held....)Tigers had well over eleven more sets than us in defence yet only two percent less ball.

Our halves cannot control a game for their lives but in his defence Foran is asked to defend far too much for a half. He gets no help from the aforementioned men outside him and teams therefore run at him all game. The only stat that Foran had over Brooks is the number of tackles he makes on average a game....23 everything else second best to the Tigers half.

Had to laugh when a Tigers fan chastised us for criticizing Mbye..she actually said he was our best player tonight and he had an electric game to which I replied. " Well, you will be able to give him all the love you want ,because rumours are he will be with you very soon" . Her reply, very quickly I might add " We don't need him or want him". She must have taken pity on us though and said as well that it could have been worse...we could support Parramatta.

Could you imagine it?? The two players whom most posters named as the worst halves combo Mbye and Reynolds reunited at the Tigers???? Is it going to happen??? If it does we need to not be paying a lot of his freight. That would really piss me off.

Sorry to whinge and I am surprised that am even bothering, because after the game I felt nothing.....no sadness, no anger, not a thing just an empty feeling of frustration and hopelessness at the possibility of another two to three years of the same thing.....

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Give some of the young blokes a go, we may not benefit from wins on the park but at least we can blood them and see what they have to offer. After the efforts of some of the incumbents maybe shaking hands with the coach of Intrust will be at least a bit of a reality check and anything may be better than some of what was served up yesterday.........

AND funny this but the Tigers fans only started to get loud once they were in front, they gave little support to their side when we lead. Crowd of just under 19k and surprisingly a lot of Dogs fans there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.