Official Round 11 - Dogs vs Storm - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t get the Chris Smith thing, I know he copped a knock on the weekend but it just doesn’t make sense to me.

It’s glaringly obvious that the best option is: 13. Jackson 12. CHN 11. Martin

Jackson is just not a ball player, looks uncomfortable in that role, but absolutely suits being in the middle.

Puzzling.....again.
Smith hasn't really impressed at all I have no idea how he is a starter!

Even Smith at second row and Jacko at lock would work better if Pay insists on playing him.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Smith hasn't really impressed at all I have no idea how he is a starter!

Even Smith at second row and Jacko at lock would work better if Pay insists on playing him.
With the exception of CHN, we have an obsession with the “small, nuggety” backrow build.

Standing next to Martin and Smith on the weekend, they were marginally above my shoulders, looked like midgets.

CHN fits the mould of the athletic backrower, tall, good on his feet, great offload etc.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sell Martin for sure he will be only be getting junk time if he isn't dropped for Lichaa who wasn't named in CCup.....
I brought him in a week before Pay dropped him..waste of 2 trades lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
With the exception of CHN, we have an obsession with the “small, nuggety” backrow build.

Standing next to Martin and Smith on the weekend, they were marginally above my shoulders, looked like midgets.

CHN fits the mould of the athletic backrower, tall, good on his feet, great offload etc.
It seems a lot of players lose their athleticism when they join the club and get bulked up.

Jacko is a prime example he has lost so much agility over the years.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It seems a lot of players lose their athleticism when they join the club and get bulked up.

Yeah man, his upper body is massive, but his agility is gonski.

He’s becoming a bit one-dimensional and if he stays at lock that’s fine but....

CHN needs to stay away when it’s weights day.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lichaa names on extended bench and nowhere to be seen in Canterbury Cup makes me nervous

The only C Smith that will have an impact this week captains the other side

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lichaa names on extended bench and nowhere to be seen in Canterbury Cup makes me nervous

The only C Smith that will have an impact this week captains the other side
Both Marschke brothers have been named for Cabramatta so that eases my fears about Lichaa a little bit...

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t get the Chris Smith thing, I know he copped a knock on the weekend but it just doesn’t make sense to me.

It’s glaringly obvious that the best option is: 13. Jackson 12. CHN 11. Martin

Jackson is just not a ball player, looks uncomfortable in that role, but absolutely suits being in the middle.

Puzzling.....again.
Yep and he cant blame Martin for our discipline problems when he played fark all minutes on the weekend and we got hammered 11-5 in the penalties

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I think we have a shit strength and conditioning team. Our blokes never get stronger and faster.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep and he cant blame Martin for our discipline problems when he played fark all minutes on the weekend and we got hammered 11-5 in the penalties
the one penalty that he give away not long after he came on was really dumb and blatant.. it was also at a crucial time in the match.. i remember this specifically because i was yelling at the TV and wanted to punch a hole in the TV..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know why Pay persists with Smith at lock when he's been poor there. Just move Jackson to lock... RFM has to be on the bench at the least. How can he make the Kiwi national team but not our bench?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We can beat the storm . All we need is a fair share of the ball and a Fair share of the PENALTIES. Hopefully there is a good crowd to support them at belmore. Dogs to win.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know why Pay persists with Smith at lock when he's been poor there. Just move Jackson to lock... RFM has to be on the bench at the least. How can he make the Kiwi national team but not our bench?
I hope RFM is playing CC for match fitness and returns to FG soon. I don't see what Smith offers to the team. He is so average. He is another Elliot

Our second should be like this
CHN
Martin
Jackson

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see how popular that suggestion is :yum:

You’re a brave man Novdoggie...
Thanks Furies. You should know all of us on the Kennel can do a better job coaching lol

Defensively Lewis can handle himself and with some of his passing and ball skills I don't think it's all that bad an option. He usually defends three in anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.