Official Round 11 - Dogs vs Storm - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Okonbur won’t be playing he has a heal injury and is out of 4-6 weeks and Elliot is out for another week.
If Okunbor our then may as well recall Holland who had his career best game v Storm recently

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Okonbur won’t be playing he has a heal injury and is out of 4-6 weeks and Elliot is out for another week.
Is Crichton fit? Guess he comes in.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Teams will be updated late Tuesday (possibly night), as I'm on a 12km hike tomorrow.

Any posts containing team lists will be removed and first posts amended.
So does the NRL wait for you to come back from your 12km hike to announce the teams, Chief?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah I’d say it will Crichton
Crichton isn't named in our reserves so defenitely looks like it is him. At least he and Montoya have been playing together in reserves.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No Crichton in CCup so he might play.

More alarmingly Lichaa isn’t named either...

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Is that legit on Okonbur - does that then mean Holland centre and Montoya out to the wing or vice versa?

Ideally (for me at least), I’d leave Montoya there as I thought he was strong last week and deserves another crack and give Crichton another go on the wing, even Katoa but not sure if he’s quite ready?

But knowing Pay, it’ll be Holland.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/6cc82b846ebd8b6a182dc2253b3a65ea
BULLDOGS V STORM

Sunday 26 May, Belmore Sports Ground, 2.00pm

Bulldogs: The logjam at backrow will intensify at the Bulldogs with Raymond Faitala-Mariner a chance to return to the NRL after he played Canterbury Cup last week. Adam Elliot (ankle) is expected to be fit and will regain the starting lock spot at the expense of Chris Smith.

Storm: Coach Craig Bellamy has a welcome headache with fullback Jahrome Hughes (concussion) set to return. Ryan Papenhuyzen has been superb filling in for Hughes but may have to return to the bench.
----------------------------------------

So, is Papenhuyzen off the bench better or worse than starting? Less minutes is less time to cause havoc, but coming on fresh against our tiring forwards? Eeek.

And yes, I did notice the opposing connotations of the Bulldogs "logjam" vs the Storm "welcome headache"
There's no difference if it was Ado-Carr Vunavalu or Repunzel at fullback running the ball back, we need to have a straight line following our kicks or we'll be punished

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that legit on Okonbur - does that then mean Holland centre and Montoya out to the wing or vice versa?

Ideally (for me at least), I’d leave Montoya there as I thought he was strong last week and deserves another crack and give Crichton another go on the wing, even Katoa but not sure if he’s quite ready?

We should put Lewis at Centre and push Monte Carlo on the wing

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Crichton isn't named in CCup so I'd say he's replaced Okonbur.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
1. Nick Meaney 2. Christian Crichton 3. Marcelo Montoya 4. Will Hopoate 5. Reimis Smith 6.Kieran Foran 7. Jack Cogger 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Dylan Napa 11.Josh Jackson 12. Corey Harawira-Naera 13. Chris Smith 14. Rhyse Martin 15. Ofahiki Ogden 16. Danny Fualalo 17. Sauaso Sue 19. Michael Lichaa 20. Lachlan Lewis 21. Kerrod Holland 23. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
Chris Smith....fml. Swear Pay better not rotate CHN and Martin again..

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
1. Nick Meaney 2. Christian Crichton 3. Marcelo Montoya 4. Will Hopoate 5. Reimis Smith 6.Kieran Foran 7. Jack Cogger 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Dylan Napa 11.Josh Jackson 12. Corey Harawira-Naera 13. Chris Smith 14. Rhyse Martin 15. Ofahiki Ogden 16. Danny Fualalo 17. Sauaso Sue 19. Michael Lichaa 20. Lachlan Lewis 21. Kerrod Holland 23. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
I don’t get the Chris Smith thing, I know he copped a knock on the weekend but it just doesn’t make sense to me.

It’s glaringly obvious that the best option is: 13. Jackson 12. CHN 11. Martin

Jackson is just not a ball player, looks uncomfortable in that role, but absolutely suits being in the middle.

Puzzling.....again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Don't even bother getting your hopes up you know exactly hat he is going to do with the interchanges.....
Looks like I need to sell Martin...also makes it difficult to play CHN ffs.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the bet our brilliant coach brings lichaa back for his 5 min stint

Status
Not open for further replies.