Official Round 11 Bulldogs vs Warriors Game Day Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think there will be some surprises in reserve grade today.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still can’t believe TPJ tried to milk that fucking “strip” and got it overturned! Classic play from an overpaid ****

Our players are fuckin cats! We don’t know how to deal with pressure so we get penalised until they backride to our goal line
I might be wrong but to me TPJ looks like someone who is mentally handicaped.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looking at the NRL stats and we actually won most of them except the one that mattered. We had quicker play the balls, less missed and ineffective tackles and more offloads .Kick defusal once again poor we allow too many balls to bounce ,more offloads and metres run yet It is like we are clueless

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I might be wrong but to me TPJ looks like someone who is mentally handicaped.
Probably dominated in juniors bc of his size and had it easy since then by putting in a decent game every few months. Massively overpaid on potential and on easy street as he goes thru the motions.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Looking at the NRL stats and we actually won most of them except the one that mattered. We had quicker play the balls, less missed and ineffective tackles and more offloads .Kick defusal once again poor we allow too many balls to bounce ,more offloads and metres run yet It is like we are clueless
The stats tell half the story. They evened out by the 2nd half.

Reality is the game was over by HT. Warriors pack dusted us up and AFB was dominant. Johnson was in total control.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The stats tell half the story. They evened out by the 2nd half.

Reality is the game was over by HT. Warriors pack dusted us up and AFB was dominant. Johnson was in total control.
Yep it was over :upset:......I was unable to go to the game so watched it at home...just as depressing but without the added pain of a four hour trip home....

It just infuriates that even when we look like we are at least competing and keeping in with a chance we just can't ice it. I don't know about others, but the predictable Burton kick is becoming ho hum and our poor returns from kicks is killing us. We need some punch at the back and Perham ain't it...

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
worst pack in the comp, all pea hearts. fullback shouldn’t even be carrying waters let alone starting and burton and karl are absolute passengers. nobody even looked like they wanted to tackle and no legs tackles at all, like they’re scared they’ll be called for a hip drop. doesn’t matter how many outside backs are coming next year, there’s so much to fix still that they’ll be ineffective anyway

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Probably dominated in juniors bc of his size and had it easy since then by putting in a decent game every few months. Massively overpaid on potential and on easy street as he goes thru the motions.
Agree. It really infuriates me when I see some of the younger guys coming through who are not as big or powerful giving 110% and charging into the defensive line with vigour.

He has cost us a few tries and possession with his offloads, needs to be more selective. Averaged about 40 minutes in the five games he has played this year. Ranked 205 in post contact metres,22nd in offloads, missed 14 tackles, made 7 errrors......

Watched him closely in warmup last night and I reckon he gave it his all then. Left that behind in the dressing room.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree.
Warriors battered us in the first 40. Big strong runners with quick play the balls.
We were no match. King looks busted and a bunch except TPJ of young no names.
And Reynolds to run at.
Warriors did their homework.
Why do we give an early penalty then spend the next 20 on the back foot. The DOGS same every week?
What are we practicing our defence on these

Last edited:

HD and Ink

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At least you blokes weren't badly humiliated like my lot that didn't bother turning up against the Riff.....who have no excuse. You guys got bad injury issues.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thought the same. i walked out with 10 to go too and missed his try which was refreshing to see.

I'd throw him onto the edge next week... WHERE HE PLAYED before they shifted him to the wing.
Yeah I left with about 10 to go aswell. Wasn't wasting my time watching that shit. Ended up going to lidcombe for some korean food. I made the right choice

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The team isn't playing as a team, they're playing as individuals. (That's the major problem)

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can't believe that Flanno couldn't knock overt that FG at the end .... I could have thrown it over blindfolded from there.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Massively outplayed and physically dominated by a very good and well coached Warriers team. They would have been more than a match for any team in the first half.

The last two weeks have featured teams that just belt it up behind the ruck with great success as we often have two defenders still on the ground.

I often hear "size doesn't matter", "it's the size of the fight in the dog " ..... I very strongly disagree. Being undersized in the first 8/9 weeks of the comp have taken it's toll and the injuries are now really being felt. No way Max King could carry the pack as he was all season. He is now playing busted. I'm sure several others are as well.

We have to play every game at 100% ... 100% of the time .... we never get a game or a period for that matter, when we can cruise a little. We are never physically on top of any game at any stage .... we need the bye DESPERATLEY.

The lack of size and aggression has frustratingly been the case for several years.

We need at least two BIG, MEAN, TOUGH, MOUNGREL NRL standard props ASAP.

We also need a very good NRL standard half who the team goes through.

We tried hard as we always do but were nowhere near good enough in most areas.

Shout out to young Wilson who was very good.
I feel like I’ve been banging on about this for years,

I agree but I think we need 3 BIG MEAN TOUGH MONGREL Nrl standard props

And 2 bigger tougher tackle breaking centres.

This team is unbalanced, it’s not powerful enough, and any size we do have isn’t really Nrl seasoned.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like I’ve been banging on about this for years,

I agree but I think we need 3 BIG MEAN TOUGH MONGREL Nrl standard props

And 2 bigger tougher tackle breaking centres.

This team is unbalanced, it’s not powerful enough, and any size we do have isn’t really Nrl seasoned.
100%