Official Round 11 Bulldogs vs Warriors Game Day Thread

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Perham has been absolutely putrid this past month. His first half tonight though was on another level. He killed us time and time again with his horrible instincts in attack. Needs to be dropped for either Kiraz at FB or a half fit Burns for all I care.

Honestly though that performance from the team was soul crushing because there’s no excuse for the way we played. Warriors ran with more enthusiasm and looked like they wanted it more.
I actually enjoyed watching how the Warriors went about their jobs. They didn’t hop skip and jump into tackles, most of it was straight and hard running did the basics very well. Their kick chase was excellent. Our kick chase is really poor.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Flanagan will be back next week at least he can tackle throw him in at 13 .
Flanagan at 9 and Mahoney at 7 doesn't sound as stupid right now.....

They key though would be to drop Perham with either Avo or Kiraz to fullback.

I also agree that Pele should start with TPJ coming on after 15mins.

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What a terrible performance. You want to try and find the positives even when you lose, but that was truly awful tonight.

We were steamrolled through the middle, I can’t remember a single Warriors set where they didn’t have players just charging upfield dragging our defenders with them. Their back three were awesome, as was Fonua-Blake. Johnson just called the shots all night behind their effort.

Kiraz, Edwards and Wilson were good and that was literally it. Ciraldo has to pull the trigger now.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Reynolds in the 17 experiment needs to end
Yesterdays man.
He is a problem in attack and especially defence.
No idea what he offers.
To think that he gets a game at the DOGS when re wouldn't make the Reserve Grade anywhere is pretty damning.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Massively outplayed and physically dominated by a very good and well coached Warriers team. They would have been more than a match for any team in the first half.

The last two weeks have featured teams that just belt it up behind the ruck with great success as we often have two defenders still on the ground.

I often hear "size doesn't matter", "it's the size of the fight in the dog " ..... I very strongly disagree. Being undersized in the first 8/9 weeks of the comp have taken it's toll and the injuries are now really being felt. No way Max King could carry the pack as he was all season. He is now playing busted. I'm sure several others are as well.

We have to play every game at 100% ... 100% of the time .... we never get a game or a period for that matter, when we can cruise a little. We are never physically on top of any game at any stage .... we need the bye DESPERATLEY.

The lack of size and aggression has frustratingly been the case for several years.

We need at least two BIG, MEAN, TOUGH, MOUNGREL NRL standard props ASAP.

We also need a very good NRL standard half who the team goes through.

We tried hard as we always do but were nowhere near good enough in most areas.

Shout out to young Wilson who was very good.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yesterdays man.
He is a problem in attack and especially defence.
No idea what he offers.
To think that he gets a game at the DOGS when re wouldn't make the Reserve Grade anywhere is pretty damning.
Energy apparently, if you you can't be energised enough to play first grade, play soccer or something

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Griffin won't help this lot. He's done sweet f/a for the dragqueens.
Yeah but he at least drinks Coke in the coaches box..... and chews gum like a camel....

Our guys drink water and have that NFI look about them...

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Massively outplayed and physically dominated by a very good and well coached Warriers team. They would have been more than a match for any team in the first half.

The last two weeks have featured teams that just belt it up behind the ruck with great success as we often have two defenders still on the ground.

I often hear "size doesn't matter", "it's the size of the fight in the dog " ..... I very strongly disagree. Being undersized in the first 8/9 weeks of the comp have taken it's toll and the injuries are now really being felt. No way Max King could carry the pack as he was all season. He is now playing busted. I'm sure several others are as well.

We have to play every game at 100% ... 100% of the time .... we never get a game or a period for that matter, when we can cruise a little. We are never physically on top of any game at any stage .... we need the bye DESPERATLEY.

The lack of size and aggression has frustratingly been the case for several years.

We need at least two BIG, MEAN, TOUGH, MOUNGRAL NRL standard props ASAP.

We also need a very good NRL standard half who the team goes through.

We tried hard as we always do but were nowhere near good enough in most areas.

Shout out to young Wilson who was very good.
Agree.
Warriors battered us in the first 40. Big strong runners with quick play the balls.
We were no match. King looks busted and a bunch except TPJ of young no names.
And Reynolds to run at.
Warriors did their homework.
Why do we give an early penalty then spend the next 20 on the back foot. The DOGS same every week?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Legit sick of conceding tries from kicks

3/4 Wah tries from kicks including fluke won by Volkman

We were the better side second half but damaged was done at 18-0

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah but he at least drinks Coke in the coaches box..... and chews gum like a camel....

Our guys drink water and have that NFI look about them...
Everytime they showed our box they all look like stoned ***** trying to figure out what sport they are watching.

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Next week Kiraz or Averillo at fullback.
Burton back to six, Rajab to 7. KO is the 14. Edwards can keep 13 for now, King is either rested or fit. The pack:
13. Edwards
12. Preston
11. Mariner/Waddell
10. King
9. Mahoney
8. Sutton

14. KO
15. Morrin
16. Pele
17. TPJ

Okanbor looks better as a forward but the team needs more spark. Waddell has been solid but I can only find one spot for he or Mariner, because he is contracted beyond this year. Rajab is the best 7 at the club, KO can cover 6,7 and 13 at least. If Mahoney goes down play Morrin there. Hope Patolo and Hughes kill it tomorrow along with Rajab, Skelton, Papalii so CC has alot to think about.