Official Round 10 - Dogs vs Titans - Consolidated Match Thread

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
that is completely wrong.

we have one major problem and thats scoring tries ..
We bought an attacking fullback to rectify that!Oh yeh how many tries has he scored or set up? I’ll be generous and say 0 scored and 1 last pass.He plays scared if you watch him,also look at the faces on his team mates when they know he should have pushed up or a sweep play is on and he’s not there.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We bought an attacking fullback to rectify that!Oh yeh how many tries has he scored or set up? I’ll be generous and say 0 scored and 1 last pass.He plays scared if you watch him,also look at the faces on his team mates when they know he should have pushed up or a sweep play is on and he’s not there.
What a load of garbage, u can’t pin our attacking woes on the young bloke a few games 8nto his career
Our attacks been shit for 5 years and you pin him....
Muppet

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
What happened? We showed positive signs at the end of last season and then we turned into this. We are dull in attack and it’s shit house to watch as we just never offer anything in the opposing 20
Coach decided he knew best and changed our best attacking option.Bought in an attacking fullback and has players scared of making mistakes.If Foran gets injured we will be lucky to break wind let alone a defensive line.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a load of garbage, u can’t pin our attacking woes on the young bloke a few games 8nto his career
Muppet
But you agree he has been a flop,If he does something of what he was bought for then it would be a start,5 years of crap attack then who do you point the finger at? Didn’t say it was all Meaney fault dope but he isn’t helping.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
But you agree he has been a flop,If he does something of what he was bought for then it would be a start,5 years of crap attack then who do you point the finger at? Didn’t say it was all Meaney fault dope but he isn’t helping.
Meaney has been safe and apart from one game has done little in attack - needs to watch papynhausen - learn to run with some aggression and fight the tackle - at the moment he is far too timid in attack.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Im preparing myself for a bludger of a game from both teams.

I just wish we knew how to utilise Meaney a bit more.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im preparing myself for a bludger of a game from both teams.

I just wish we knew how to utilise Meaney a bit more.
Simple, get him supporting the forwards and look for some offloads, perfect day to try a few things.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meaney has been safe and apart from one game has done little in attack - needs to watch papynhausen - learn to run with some aggression and fight the tackle - at the moment he is far too timid in attack.
I just said it another thread.. Only thing missing in Meaney's game is the ability to break tackles... Its definitely an aggression thing probably due to his stature and weight. Once he fills in he will breaks tackles and probably will be a great fb in the second half of his career.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I find it interesting that many on TK were pushing for Meaney, mostly because he could run fast (faster that Hopoate anyway) and at the same time were worried about how Hopoate would go at centre ("hopeless in defence" comments were not uncommon). Yet exactly the reverse has happened, Hopoate has continued his good form, been far from an issue in defence whilst Meaney hasn't really added anything.

Like most it's obvious that to me he has been told to ease himself in, play safe, take minimal risks and establish himself in FG. Having been to a few (not all) training sessions, he is getting plenty of coaching so I'm sure he will improve and he is still young and inexperienced, so he has time on his side. But right now he is offering less than Hopoate was last year and earlier this year. He's not playing badly, don't get me wrong, and he has eliminated the errors that were part of his game previously. For example he was supposedly suspect under the high ball and has dropped, what, one so far that wasn't all his fault as he copped an elbow in the chest on the way up.

This game is as good a time as any for him to have a go.

Go Dogs

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Muppet
Fark ... I'm agreeing with Coach here but ... Coach is right. Ripping apart a rookie fullback who's just trying to play it safe rather than blow everyone away. Crazy that people are getting stuck into the young kid.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find it interesting that many on TK were pushing for Meaney, mostly because he could run fast (faster that Hopoate anyway) and at the same time were worried about how Hopoate would go at centre ("hopeless in defence" comments were not uncommon). Yet exactly the reverse has happened, Hopoate has continued his good form, been far from an issue in defence whilst Meaney hasn't really added anything.

Like most it's obvious that to me he has been told to ease himself in, play safe, take minimal risks and establish himself in FG. Having been to a few (not all) training sessions, he is getting plenty of coaching so I'm sure he will improve and he is still young and inexperienced, so he has time on his side. But right now he is offering less than Hopoate was last year and earlier this year. He's not playing badly, don't get me wrong, and he has eliminated the errors that were part of his game previously. For example he was supposedly suspect under the high ball and has dropped, what, one so far that wasn't all his fault as he copped an elbow in the chest on the way up.

Go Dogs
True,if he can’t step up today against a team as bad as us then heaven help us when we play top eight sides

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fark ... I'm agreeing with Coach here but ... Coach is right. Ripping apart a rookie fullback who's just trying to play it safe rather than blow everyone away. Crazy that people are getting stuck into the young kid.
Get fucked I’ve heard it all now lol
Tell me that hurt

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I blame Pay (like always) tbh. The systems are garbage at the club, I'd have fuck all confidence if I was playing under Pay right now. Reason these Storm kids do well is because the system is already in place and they have the belief in it, they know their role and as a result their natural ability shines through. Pay can't even seem to organise a single attacking play that involves some strike players.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can’t expect Meaney to trail every forward and hit up, but geez it would be nice to see him pick a couple of key off loaders and trail. Meaney should be in CHNs ear pre-game saying ‘if you poke your nose through the line I’ll be running of your hip’ . Rod Silver and Mitch Newton style.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just said it another thread.. Only thing missing in Meaney's game is the ability to break tackles... Its definitely an aggression thing probably due to his stature and weight. Once he fills in he will breaks tackles and probably will be a great fb in the second half of his career.
Any merit in moving him to a wing and Hoppa back to fullback,Holland back to right side with Reimis?Thats a combination that hasn’t been tried yet this year.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any merit in moving him to a wing and Hoppa back to fullback,Holland back to right side with Reimis?Thats a combination that hasn’t been tried yet this year.
Put it this way, love Hoppa but cant wait to see the back of him. Plus a winger should be quick as well should be either extremely agile or strong, Meaney is neither.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We can’t expect Meaney to trail every forward and hit up, but geez it would be nice to see him pick a couple of key off loaders and trail. Meaney should be in CHNs ear pre-game saying ‘if you poke your nose through the line I’ll be running of your hip’ . Rod Silver and Mitch Newton style.
problem is Pay removed all the best offloaders out of the team.. Holland and RFM are our 2 best offloaders and also Rhyse Martin

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Go Dogs
I’ve always been a Hoppa fan
He’s been our most consistent player in last two seasons