Round 10 dogs vs cowboys team lists and game day discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
6 or 7 dont matter these days. They can play either side or on the same side. They can also rotate at first receiver depending on the set plays des has. You cant tell me Maloney is not an organiser at the sharks over townsend? The only difference is some clubs have more of a running 5/8 and the halfback is more the organiser. Most swap roles during the game anyway or when there are injuries. Foran can play 6 or 7 and we wont notice the difference.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Naturally I'd much rather Adam Elliott in the side than Eastwood. In fact Eastwood is now reserve grade material. Elliott has got a pretty big engine and doesn't come across as a "put me in cotton wool" player so he might start against the Cowboys.

Other players have come back soon after a rep game and have gone well; so why wouldn't Elliott?

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope green persists with dicking Kalyn ponga out of the team.

He's named on an extended bench and I hope he is left out again for drop nuts Coote and winter stein

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
im thinking no we wont end up playing mbye at 7 (God help us) and Frawley at 6 (untried at FG level at 6) in a game we must win to stay in the 8. Its a gee up.
Frawleys filling in for Reynolds that's why he's wearing a 6.
I think mbye owns that 7 jersey and won't let anyone else have it.
Like others have said it shouldn't matter what his number is , hopefully he hasn't been interfered with by Des, and plays like he did on debut.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Marcelo Montoya dropped? FFS DES

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

1. William Hopoate 2. Kerrod Holland 3. Josh Morris 4. Brenko Lee 5. Brett Morris 6. Matt Frawley 7. Moses Mbye 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Lichaa 10. James Graham 11. Josh Jackson 12. Greg Eastwood 13. David Klemmer
Interchange: 14. Sam Kasiano 15. Danny Fualalo 16. Adam Elliot 17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 19. Reimis Smith 20. Marcelo Montoya 21. Brad Abbey 23. Craig Garvey

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Michael Morgan 7. Ray Thompson 8. John Asiata 9. Jake Granville 10. Scott Bolton 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Ethan Lowe 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Ben Hampton 15. Coen Hess 16. Shaun Fensom 17. Ben Spina 18. Corey Jensen 19. Blake Leary 20. Kyle Laybutt 21. Kalyn Ponga​

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Frawleys filling in for Reynolds that's why he's wearing a 6.
I think mbye owns that 7 jersey and won't let anyone else have it.
Like others have said it shouldn't matter what his number is , hopefully he hasn't been interfered by Des, and plays like he did on debut.
Just my opinion but that last bit in Wolfmother's post could make us or break us when it comes to winning or losing. Frawley has to be given a free rein to play it as he sees it and use his kicking game as an attacking weapon, not the Hail Mary hopefuls that has destroyed our red zone attack for far too long.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just my opinion but that last bit in Wolfmother's post could make us or break us when it comes to winning or losing. Frawley has to be given a free rein to play it as he sees it and use his kicking game as an attacking weapon, not the Hail Mary hopefuls that has destroyed our red zone attack for far too long.
that composure at critical times is game changing

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Prolly the nicest line up this year, no excuses tomorrow night, like last week they need to enjoy themselves, get the basics right and scramble well in defense.
Doesn't matter if Frawley starts at 6, hes on the park for the 80 and I reckon he's more dangerous when he runs.
Eastwood needs to work on his lateral shifting, they will try to run past him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
BOOM Bulldogs backrower Adam Elliott will be elevated to the starting side once again for Canterbury’s clash against the Cowboys at ANZ Stadium.

The South Coast product was named on the bench by coach Des Hasler on Tuesday, but The Daily Telegraph understands Elliott will be rewarded for his strong recent form by starting on the left edge, despite a tight turnaround from the City-Country clash just four days ago.

Elliott made his starting debut for the Bulldogs a fortnight ago, scoring two tries in an 80 minute display.

The eye-catching performance earned him a call-up for Country, impressing again with his third try in two weeks.

Elliott is the most purchased player in NRL SuperCoach this week (change you team here).

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...p/news-story/796a8600d41bfacc5ab3a5fa8c811f3b

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
BOOM Bulldogs backrower Adam Elliott will be elevated to the starting side once again for Canterbury’s clash against the Cowboys at ANZ Stadium.

The South Coast product was named on the bench by coach Des Hasler on Tuesday, but The Daily Telegraph understands Elliott will be rewarded for his strong recent form by starting on the left edge, despite a tight turnaround from the City-Country clash just four days ago.

Elliott made his starting debut for the Bulldogs a fortnight ago, scoring two tries in an 80 minute display.

The eye-catching performance earned him a call-up for Country, impressing again with his third try in two weeks.

Elliott is the most purchased player in NRL SuperCoach this week (change you team here).

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...p/news-story/796a8600d41bfacc5ab3a5fa8c811f3b
I dont understand Haslers thought process, I highly doubt Paul Green is going to care who is played on the edge for us, hardly mindgames.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't think Eastwood is NRL standard. For mine, Elliott is ahead of Eastwood and so is RFM for that matter.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ffs guys remember what I said

Relax everyone haslers being efficient.

He photocopied 26 team sheets and wants to minimize use of white out

He's been told to save money after the $1 million blowout last season

White out is pretty expensive you know

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the look of the Cowboys this week despite JT missing. Having Coote & Glanville back gives them a much stronger look.
I think the upset is definitely on the cards.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably our best lineup this year ,I'm really looking forward to this game

Status
Not open for further replies.