Round 10 Deadline

Would of Des survived this week with the Round 10 deadline?

• Yes

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 75.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole of Australia was advised at the beginning of the year by the Bulldogs board, that Des Hasler had till round 10 to prove himself he deserved a contract extension.

We all obviously know that the club once again was feeding porkies to the fans, though if the club kept there word, what do you think the outcome would of been this week since Round 10 just passed?

A real board who thinks and works for the better of the club, would this week;

1. Re-sign Des Hasler for a further 2 years
2. Send him packing out of Belmore

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes he did survive because he has already signed for a few more years

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think it's a question worth asking tbh becuase it was never in doubt. The whole saga from last year where Hasler was made to face the board etc. was all rubbish. He wasn't in there for ten minutes. Then Dib leaks to the media his tough guy speech where nobody was safe in 2017.

In my opinion Hasler's deal was done last year - they just couldn't announce it with the way we exited the finals and also because of the poor start to the season so they made up the round 8-10 thing.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
They re-signed him when we had more losses than wins so im guessing they would have with 5-5

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He was always going to be re-signed.

This whole "Round 10 deadline" was just the papers filling blank pages with bullshit.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He was always going to be re-signed.

This whole "Round 10 deadline" was just the papers filling blank pages with bullshit.
The club is cunning though. They wait until the team wins before announcing it. Thank you Raelene for destroying our club.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One more big signing and I can live with him esp with the recruitment of Foran

This year was never going to be a premiership year and I've said that from round one.

The spine is atrocious and not premiership worthy at all.
Blood some young guys as best as possible and be competitive in every game.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

This year was never going to be a premiership year and I've said that from round one.

There will be no premierships with Hasler and Castle.

Foran aint doing shit

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Natboy said:
I put a grand on us making the top 8 @$2.20
Easiest money I'll make

PM me if anyone still wants this bet, I'll take it on. We can do it through bet fair. We are now in the 8 so that's pretty good odds if your a believer we're playing semis. Will put money where mouth is.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Was it top 4 being the bench mark when they dribbled that? Des with a record of 88 wins and 59 lost for the Bulldogs right now would be sweet to re-sign, however, at the 86 wins and 61 lost that he actually is at we'd need to let him go and go find a alternative?

Was it recruitment? If so, Foran, Woods....... re-sign him.

Changes to the plays? Short line drop out, done.

There are valid arguments that can be made against Des, or for that matter just arguments made in favour of someone else that have nothing to do with Des, but I can't think of any case that could be made either for or against him in the space of 10 weeks of football, so, I guess yes, the board lied..... but pretty sure most people thought it was a lie at the time didn't we?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
My view is that it was all bullshit and he was stiched up in the pre season. They were just too embarassed to admit it.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Natboy said:
Easiest money I'll make

PM me if anyone still wants this bet, I'll take it on. We can do it through bet fair. We are now in the 8 so that's pretty good odds if your a believer we're playing semis. Will put money where mouth is.
Id love to be put 5k on us missing out on the 8 but I just know deep down that Dognacoius and his mediocre crew will somehow voodoo these shit ***** to 8th overall with 10 wins and I'll do me ass

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

regardless of whether this year would of been a premiership year or not, his team selections have made things worse when we could of at least been challenging..

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Serious question, with des half million pay rise what expectations does the club have on him?
Is anything out of the top 4 deemed as a failure

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Simple fact is we don't have the quality halfback to win the premiership.
I could live with Reynolds at 5/8 if we had someone to lead the team around the park.

With Foran the team has a chance to do that next season.

Last edited:

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Even if we make the eight we will bow out disgracefully in the first week of the finals, if past form is any guide.

Achieving mediocrity is not an achievement!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Natboy said:
Easiest money I'll make

Its a fairly reasonable bet considering our track record of making the 8 and that the Titans managed to make the 8 with just 27 points last year.

Not as crazy as a user on here that claimed he bet 7k on us to win the GF last year

Status
Not open for further replies.