Official Round 1 - Dogs vs Warriors - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is our team the lowest experience team in the competition? Not just youngest players, but least amount of first grade.

Remember we stuffed up our cap which stuffed up our recruitment and we're playing a bunch of players on close to minimum wage because we had no money to recruit.

So we're not a strong team, and combined with NZ playing really well, it's not surprising.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone please wake me up when it is 2022 when we have some coin to buy some decent players who might want to play for themselves and their loyal fans!!!

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Which pork chop said Brett Morris was "MEH" last night?!

Morris boys should of been re-signed before any new signings were made.

30+ year old Morris boys shit all over what we have available and coming up

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolutely every positional and tactical decision made by Pay was shown up in 40 minutes. Disgraceful back row and back line selections and then compounds it with fucking around right vs left side. 3 up work to one side 10m from the sideline then shift opposite way with left side playing out the back and right side playing up in the line is so fucking predictable
Utter crap. We've had limited opportunities in the opposition 20 and could have scored at least once and maybe twice. The physicality of the Warriors has absolutely nothing to do with "positional and tactical decisions". Take a cold shower champ.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Looks like it’s more of a Newtown Jets focused Year once again this year sighh. I miss having fun watching my first and main love.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have we learned nothing from the trials? We scorde all our points with JMK on the field, not Lichaa.

Our service from dummy half is so damn slow by the time Lichaa passes it defence is on us, or our forwards are flat footed. It's also why our backs aren't getting any space because our halves are getting the ball flat and late.

Get JMK on, fuck Lichaa off, and we'll start seeing the team moving.

Lichaa with the 3rd slowest play the ball of all our players... piss him off.
JMK is going to do a thing we are getting absolutely owned by the Warriors forwards.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I haven’t shat my optimism out just yet, Montoya is killing me but I don’t think we have played any worse than the Broncos on Friday night. This Warriors team is no joke and we have almost a new team. I’ll keep the faith for at least another month.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So you think the referees made the correct decision there? You must be blind.
If you opened the other eye, you could see there were decisions in our favour as well. You must be blind i you can't see the warning signs from that half.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Warriors actually look better without Johnson. They aren't all sitting back waiting for him to do something. And Green has been ridiculous.

We have been weak in the backs in attack and defense. I think Holland has been ok, Smith and Hopoate too, but Montoya and Chrichton have been terrible.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We are so predictable in our attack what happen to the 2nd phase play end of last season dosent exist its gone. Hate to say it but even lewis is not the same just bloody bombs same same same last year he was trying all sorts of stuff.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you think the referees made the correct decision there? You must be blind.
if you're talking about the overturned dropout, RTS didn't ground the ball he knocked it back and it came off Montoya before it went dead

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck this shit in the fucking pussy I'm usually optimistic but fuck this fucking waste of time watching them.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We honestly haven't played poorly; we have been completely outmuscled but the Warriors are capable of doing this to most teams. Just look at how powerful the Warriors are; when they turn up like this they are world-beaters.
Sorry to disagree, but we have been poor. There has been some terrible defensive reads and poor line speed even on their line. Add a steadfast lack of variety and enterprise by our halves in offence . I'll admit that a large part of this is due to us trudging out of our own half.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We're just not matching the warriors with intensity. Interesting to see if the boys come out from the sheds with a different attitude.

Bongo

I miss Lachlan Lewis
Reaction score
This x1000. We won’t win shit by picking players like lichaa, Montoya etc. They’re not first grade quality and wouldn’t get a run in any other team.
They sucked everyone to become members and dish up this shit

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The player I'm most disappointed in is Napa. Unfortunately, he wasn't sighted in that half. We needed him to stand up today.

Status
Not open for further replies.