News Roosters v Bulldogs: JWH, Manu on track; RFM set to return

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If our 'alpha' prop comes back from origin and flops against an old man JWH then it's more talk and hype from the 'alpha' prop.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You’d think being honoured to be club captain you’d repay the faith or at the least, run with some purpose consistently, he needs to lift his game… his strong 2022 coincided with a contract year.
It was the Clubs decision to make him Club captain which was baffling when announced.
Cant provide what you dont have.
I dont want to dump shit on our players but when did he ever dominate?
Before he got injured running off Foran apparently.
So probably stood out in a team of plodders Im assuming. Personally I dont remember it.
Then again my brains pretty fucked and cant remember where I leave anything after sitting it down somewhere after 2 minutes.
What we talking about?
Oh yeah, fuck the roosters.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Roosters find themselves in unfamiliar territory in 10th place as they prepare for a crucial clash with a Bulldogs outfit coming off a morale-boosting win over the Titans.

Despite the presence of attacking weapons James Tedesco, Joey Manu and Joseph Suaalii, the Roosters average just 16 points per game through 11 matches, a far cry from the 26.4ppg they posted in 2022 on their way to finishing sixth in the regular season.

For their part the Bulldogs are also struggling to gel in attack with only 17 points per game and they'll be hoping the combination between Matt Burton and Karl Oloapu can continue to develop and the opportunities are presented for Josh Addo-Carr and Jacob Kiraz to prosper.

If the Roosters are to find their best footy they'll be relying on Tedesco to step up as he did against the Dragons in Round 12 and the forwards to lay a platform for Luke Keary to work off.

In the only meeting between the sides last year it was the Bulldogs who ended a six-game losing streak with an upset 16-12 victory at Accor Stadium on the back of an Addo-Carr double.

Team News
Roosters: Skipper James Tedesco and forward leader Lindsay Collins will have three days to recover from Origin One should coach Trent Robinson select them to back up. Prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (pectoral), five-eighth Joey Manu (ankle) and winger Daniel Tupou (hamstring) are all a chance to return in a timely boost.

Bulldogs: Blues reps Tevita Pangai Junior and Josh Addo-Carr are likely to be named to play while Raymond Faitala-Mariner (illness) is expected back on deck. Sam Hughes is in doubt with a pectoral injury.
I'm sorry to say this, but RFM seems like the nicest bloke and would struggle to hurt anyone in the game. I don't know what would fire him up, but I think it would make a huge difference to his game. He needs something to fire him up.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
My view, FWIW, is RFM is trying too hard, comes on, jumps into dummy half and looks to make every tackle even when they aren’t his to make, attempts the miracle offload, takes 2 hit ups in the first 5, then 3 in the next 5, Adrenalin rush, in general he burns himself out too quickly. He needs to settle down, pace himself and play his natural game.

Always a Bulldog

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My view, FWIW, is RFM is trying too hard, comes on, jumps into dummy half and looks to make every tackle even when they aren’t his to make, attempts the miracle offload, takes 2 hit ups in the first 5, then 3 in the next 5, Adrenalin rush, in general he burns himself out too quickly. He needs to settle down, pace himself and play his natural game.

Always a Bulldog
He is like Elliott was. Too much wasted energy flailing all over the place with the legs going up and down on the one spot and arms waving around and the head nodding around other than his head tucked down on the chin powerfully running straight. He looks like a frog in a blender.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ah, yeah, forgot he was already signed for ‘23 when they extended him by 2 years last year. I think that was partially good faith when he had the long injury layoff. Time he repaid the good faith to the club. Fire up!
That’s right mate and he also likely qualifies for the long serving player allowance as well so wouldn’t cost us that much to have around for 2024,2025 even if he is in reserve grade helping the younger talent. Which is probably Gus’s plan with him.

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've been told Thommo is ahead of schedule and will be back likely in 2 weeks in NSW Cup - aiming for FG in 3 weeks

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Non-contract year form
Yeah - I actually thought that too. There was the video where RFM was so delighted with his new contract.

His form went down the drain very quickly after that, so I think you’re right.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That’s right mate and he also likely qualifies for the long serving player allowance as well so wouldn’t cost us that much to have around for 2024,2025 even if he is in reserve grade helping the younger talent. Which is probably Gus’s plan with him.
Good call mate.
Probably why he’s club captain too - a ceremonial/mentoring sort of role for some young fellas coming through. I like Ray, but he’s certainly had hot and cold moments and will most likely see the back end of his contract out in reggie’s assuming some of the younger fellas step up to firsts.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It is usual practice after an SOO game for the ref that night, to be allocated a game late in the round. There are 3 games scheduled this Sunday so we are a 33% chance of Ashley Klien doing our game this weekend.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is usual practice after an SOO game for the ref that night, to be allocated a game late in the round. There are 3 games scheduled this Sunday so we are a 33% chance of Ashley Klien doing our game this weekend.
Honestly, I’d take Klein over Sutton, but that’s like having to choose between a white dick in your ass or a black one in your mouth.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really is a must win for us. Roosters have been struggling