News Roosters v Bulldogs: JWH, Manu on track; RFM set to return

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Roosters find themselves in unfamiliar territory in 10th place as they prepare for a crucial clash with a Bulldogs outfit coming off a morale-boosting win over the Titans.

Despite the presence of attacking weapons James Tedesco, Joey Manu and Joseph Suaalii, the Roosters average just 16 points per game through 11 matches, a far cry from the 26.4ppg they posted in 2022 on their way to finishing sixth in the regular season.

For their part the Bulldogs are also struggling to gel in attack with only 17 points per game and they'll be hoping the combination between Matt Burton and Karl Oloapu can continue to develop and the opportunities are presented for Josh Addo-Carr and Jacob Kiraz to prosper.

If the Roosters are to find their best footy they'll be relying on Tedesco to step up as he did against the Dragons in Round 12 and the forwards to lay a platform for Luke Keary to work off.

In the only meeting between the sides last year it was the Bulldogs who ended a six-game losing streak with an upset 16-12 victory at Accor Stadium on the back of an Addo-Carr double.

Team News
Roosters: Skipper James Tedesco and forward leader Lindsay Collins will have three days to recover from Origin One should coach Trent Robinson select them to back up. Prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (pectoral), five-eighth Joey Manu (ankle) and winger Daniel Tupou (hamstring) are all a chance to return in a timely boost.

Bulldogs: Blues reps Tevita Pangai Junior and Josh Addo-Carr are likely to be named to play while Raymond Faitala-Mariner (illness) is expected back on deck. Sam Hughes is in doubt with a pectoral injury.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
If he is he have better of had his concrete milkshakes so he doesn't re-injure himself after his first hit up.
I was at the Dogs v Titans game. Thompson was there walking around freely but that doesn’t necessarily translate to ready to play - although he is reportedly close to being ready to return

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
RFM runs sideways in possession, tries miracle offloads (and fails), drops the ball and misses tackles.

He has been going really badly this year compared with the last few years. Very disappointing.
We are "challenged" enough with our roster and just can't have these mistake riddled players stop any momentum and possession.
It's too much of a brake on the guys.

Hope RFM improves his game.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
We are "challenged" enough with our roster and just can't have these mistake riddled players stop any momentum and possession.
It's too much of a brake on the guys.

Hope RFM improves his game.
Absolutely agree with you Wendog.

Hopefully RFM can find some form again soon because we’ve previously seen what he’s capable of.

He seems to have really gone downhill this year - I wonder if the club captain role has been an extra weight on his shoulders which has affected his performances adversely. That additional role seems to coincide with his quite rapid decline in form.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always the way, but hey, if by some fluke we managed to beat the Roosters, I'd rather do it with their side close to full strength than give opposing fans any ammo as to why we won.

JAC, TPJ and now Burton backing up through, that worries me.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam Walker, Brandon Smith, Victor Radley, Connor Watson and Paul Momirovski all ruled out. Alot of starting spine players there!

JWH, Tupou and Manu are back when we verse them. We have the most fucked up luck.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Always the way, but hey, if by some fluke we managed to beat the Roosters, I'd rather do it with their side close to full strength than give opposing fans any ammo as to why we won.

JAC, TPJ and now Burton backing up through, that worries me.
It would just be like certain teams beating us when we have players missing mate. At the end of the day nobody cares they just want the 2 points.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I have a bad feeling about JAC. Feel like he’s gonna pick up an injury.