News Roosters v Bulldogs: JWH, Manu on track; RFM set to return

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
JWH doesn’t worry me, only way he poses a threat is if our foward pack is poor shouldn’t be an issue. 2pou won’t do shit only Manu I can see causing some issues if they get going. Their spine bar Keary is not playing no excuse to not win. Refs won’t allow us to mount points and get going we should win though.

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He has been going really badly this year compared with the last few years. Very disappointing.
He has been poor but I don’t see how the ‘captaincy’ is responsible. He’s Club Captain and not even captain on game day (that’s Burto and Reed), so he should be able to focus just on his game. Think he’s just in poor form/low on confidence and hopefully that changes soon as he’s signed until the end of ‘24 and we’ve got enough issues up front as is! Fire up Raymond!

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don’t matter who the Roosters pick….. We’re f}cked if either of the f’wit Sutton bros/Cummins ref this game

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Always the way, but hey, if by some fluke we managed to beat the Roosters, I'd rather do it with their side close to full strength than give opposing fans any ammo as to why we won.

JAC, TPJ and now Burton backing up through, that worries me.
Honestly we’ve come last or near last for so long I don’t really care if we beat every team on an injury run lol

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Didn’t someone say thommo was looking at a rd 14 return instead of rd 16?
Would be timely boost that’s for sure

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Couldn’t of used my thread on Teams for Rooster tubby?

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
He has been poor but I don’t see how the ‘captaincy’ is responsible. He’s Club Captain and not even captain on game day (that’s Burto and Reed), so he should be able to focus just on his game. Think he’s just in poor form/low on confidence and hopefully that changes soon as he’s signed until the end of ‘24 and we’ve got enough issues up front as is! Fire up Raymond!
Website says RFM signed until the end of '25 so even more important he gets back some form

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Website says RFM signed until the end of '25 so even more important he gets back some form
Ah, yeah, forgot he was already signed for ‘23 when they extended him by 2 years last year. I think that was partially good faith when he had the long injury layoff. Time he repaid the good faith to the club. Fire up!

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with you Wendog.

Hopefully RFM can find some form again soon because we’ve previously seen what he’s capable of.

He seems to have really gone downhill this year - I wonder if the club captain role has been an extra weight on his shoulders which has affected his performances adversely. That additional role seems to coincide with his quite rapid decline in form.
You’d think being honoured to be club captain you’d repay the faith or at the least, run with some purpose consistently, he needs to lift his game… his strong 2022 coincided with a contract year.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
You’d think being honoured to be club captain you’d repay the faith or at the least, run with some purpose consistently, he needs to lift his game… his strong 2022 coincided with a contract year.
Yes- he's definitely honoured by the club captaincy - he said so in an interview on the Dogs website.

All I meant was sometimes extra responsibility doesn't suit certain players / individuals. I don't know if that's the case with RFM but I'm just searching for reasons why he has been so down on form this year. There may be other factors we aren't aware of. Very good player on his day but haven't seen much or any of that so far this year.

Doggfather

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
RFM is on small money I believe. I agree that he needs to desperately find his form and ‘club captain’ or whatever fabricated title they’ve given him should not make a difference to his performance.