Rumour Roosters set to make play for Bulldogs gun

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
These terms are always mis-used they can't write injury plagued bog average squib..

Hope it's true release him TODAY..though I guess we will be paying a chunk of change to get it done.
That “bog average squib” was the form fullback of tgd tear in the second half of 2020.

Would have expected more common sense from you, bro.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That “bog average squib” was the form fullback of tgd tear in the second half of 2020.

Would have expected more common sense from you, bro.
I have turned your right, but if he is on 500k(I'm not sure it's quite that much)then he has offered poor value for money no? Injured way too much I'd say has missed 20 games? Maybe a few more than that.
Has turned into a depth player when fit and at around 500k that's a liability.Seems to be behind Burns too who ironically is quite similar in most areas..including being average.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I have turned your right, but if he is on 500k(I'm not sure it's quite that much)then he has offered poor value for money no? Injured way too much I'd say has missed 20 games? Maybe a few more than that.
Has turned into a depth player when fit and at around 500k that's a liability.Seems to be behind Burns too who ironically is quite similar in most areas..including being average.
You really think the chooks are gonna pay full freight for him, though? We’d be paying them 200k at least to take a pretty good player off our hands. Our fitness and conditioning has been shit in recent years, which may have something to do with his cad run with injuries. I’d keep him around, unless the chooks wanna pay full freight. He’s a much better player than he has been able to show here.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You really think the chooks are gonna pay full freight for him, though? We’d be paying them 200k at least to take a pretty good player off our hands. Our fitness and conditioning has been shit in recent years, which may have something to do with his cad run with injuries. I’d keep him around, unless the chooks wanna pay full freight. He’s a much better player than he has been able to show here.
We have Skelton and Alamoti to make the step up, also Casey and Toia to be tried.

Allan is surplus to requirements mate, he's clearly not going to be here beyond the end of his contract. What's the point of keeping him?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon 200k is being generous. We would be tipping in at least 450k

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate Andersons and Des arnt here anymore. Thrust that Gus is no dumbdumb.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way.
We’ve not seen the best of him. Give him some time with Cam. If nothing happening in a few months, call it then. Last time we gave someone away to a well coached club….aka Nick Meaney….. we found we’d let go a quality first grader. Plus, and more importantly, I would never want to give Roosters anything / anyone they wanted ever!
With fast players around him he would go ok at the Chooks.

Has a lovely set of hands, solid defensively and is versatile.

Big upgrade on Hutchison.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely Benny will help drive up the process and get this dud off our books

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best way to lure the Roosters is for a "leak" to come out suggesting Gus is working on a 3 year contract extension.

Clubs will then trip over themselves to sign him up.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who is a better centre, Allen or Burns?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Drumming up interest so the Dolphins make a play for him?