Robbie Farah dropped to reserve grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I never had a problem with him until in 2012 when we were in red hot form, he started doing all those video sessions trying to expose our second phase play as bordering on obstruction..

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never had a problem with him until in 2012 when we were in red hot form, he started doing all those video sessions trying to expose our second phase play as bordering on obstruction..
They changed the rules on us so that they were obstruction the following season.

Taylor has dug himself in a bit of a hole now. Surely Farah at halfback is the play this week?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They changed the rules on us so that they were obstruction the following season.

Taylor has dug himself in a bit of a hole now. Surely Farah at halfback is the play this week?
No chance did you see Taylor's face when they asked him ,it was so funny he said yes he's a chance with the biggest sour frowny face lol

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No chance did you see Taylor's face when they asked him ,it was so funny he said yes he's a chance with the biggest sour frowny face lol
Surely this can't go on for another season. Just pay Farah out next year and get rid of the distraction.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely this can't go on for another season. Just pay Farah out next year and get rid of the distraction.
Yeah a club will pay him $500k and sharks will wear $400k I'm tipping sharks or dragons

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah a club will pay him $500k and sharks will wear $400k I'm tipping sharks or dragons
Sharks already signed Cherrington so I'd say they are out an option. If I was Dragons I'd take advantage of the turmoil and only offer to pay him like 250 and the Tigers wear the rest.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know Farrah has a big ego and stuff but if you look at it from a different perspective, he could make a very good contribution to our team. Say we sign him up minus the price tag.....he would come to the club knowing that he has to earn the respect of the playing group so would leave his big ego behind. He would play the same role that Des expects from his hookers which is basically to tackle and provide good service. Would be a bargain if tigers where to pay a majority of his salary.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
For all the experts telling Farrah to quit, it doesn't make sense that he makes SOO but isn't good enough for the Tigers especially when Halatau plays hooker instead.
It looks like clash of the Ego's and at that level they should be able to get on with it but they can't, so its really over for Robbie.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Must be embarrassing for Farah to have those supporters at NSW cup games cheering him on.

Every time one of them cheers it would be a reminder as to how much he has been fucked over by the club he has given everything to.

Let that sink in.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So don't know if been posted anywhere else but Farah signed two year with Souths 500k per year

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Not confirmed. This from two days ago:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/08/03/robbie-farah-could-be-at-south-sydney-in-2017-reports/

In what has become a massive news day for the NRL, the latest turn in the Robbie Farah and Wests Tigers saga suggests he could find himself at the South Sydney Rabbitohs in 2017.

Josh Massoud told Channel Seven that Souths are weighing up whether to offer the veteran hooker a two-year deal, with it becoming more likely by the day Farah won’t be at the Tigers next season.

Of course, the feud at the Tigers has been long running with coach Jason Taylor and Robbie Farah regularly butting heads, which has inevitably spilled into the media.

Robbie Farah has been in and out of the Tigers team due to injury and other reasons, having being dropped at the back end of 2015 only for fans to turn out in a show of strength. The Tigers then tried to move him on but couldn’t, with Farah staying put even if it meant playing reserve grade in 2016.

Despite the Tigers threats, which were made very public about reserve grade, he’s played a majority of the season in the top grade before playing State of Origin even if some of those games were off the bench.

He seemed to be in good form off the bench as well, but then before their Round 20 clash against the St George Illawarra Dragons he was dropped to reserve grade and hasn’t been sighted in the NRL since.

It seems as if Jason Taylor has drawn a line in the sand, and given the form of the Tigers halves Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks, as well as fullback James Tedesco it doesn’t seem likely Farah will be making a return to the NRL anytime in the near future.

He has been strongly linked with the Dragons in recent weeks as well as other clubs, but it would appear that no clubs have put a formal offer on the table.

Where Farah ends up is anyone’s guess, but if he wants to play first grade, it doesn’t look like the Tigers will be his option.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he ends up at Souths then Maguire has 100% lost the plot

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would Tigers fans still want him back?

only the dumb ones.

but i guess we will be the same if Josh Reynolds was to be put in reserve grade, but for that to happen we need to have a very good half replacing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.